Won In Court Today!

Nice work Jipo!!! I'm glad that it is behind you now... Feels like a huge weight has been lifted for sure I bet.... You stood up for your position and were vindicated... We could all learn something from Jipo.. Stand up for what you believe in and what is right... Congrats!!!

Wow thanks everybody. I'm glad to invoke such a positive mood across the board! Hopefully this raises everyone's self confidence a little bit more. Stand up for what you know is right and you will stand victorious. If I can do it any of you can, I'm just your average well spoken blue collar working guy, hell most of you would call me a kid still if you knew how old I was. :lol:

That is Sweet...Your court case kinda sounds similar to mines...I was arrested in Farmington Hills the end of March got my certificate the first week of April...went to court in June for Possession...I didn't do so good tho...One year of Probation, Random Drug Test, Community Service, Drug Counciling, Charge was dropped to a Paraphernalia and I cannot smoke...I'm so Pissed, but its good to hear about your case.

awesome, great job, wish me luck, goin to meet with the warren city attorney, sept 2nd, possession, did not have my card on me at the time, but did have it already, this charge actually violated me in Rochester for gettin the new charge, they terminated my probation and gave me 4 days of wams community service, glad to be done with that crap,, although Rochester my po gave me the green light for medicating once i showed her my card, and even when i went to the violation hearing, the Judge Nicholson. was cool with me medicating, so i am hopeful for warren talked to some people who picked up a possession there, and got it reduced to Impeding Traffic ticket fine. becuz they had theyre paperwork or card. YOU ROCK FREEDOM FIGHTER

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well first off I cannot say how excited I am!! Those who saw my thread about my probation will know if not here is some cliffs. I was arrested in March for possession of marijuana, I went to court in April just prior to my appointment to get my card. I took a plea bargain because they said they would honor my card and it was cheaper then getting a lawyer. Fast forward to getting my paperwork and waiting 20 days, I turned everything in to my probation officer, he said everything was good and to turn it into the counseling place so they don't report me for THC. Fast forward to may, I fail my drug test for THC, which I thought was fine. When I reported in June my probation officer said I have a violation hearing and tried to get it thrown on because he said I could smoke. They wouldn't do it though, so that brings me to today.

Today I went in for my violation hearing, went in front of the head of the probation department with all my medical records and paper work, he said it wasn't any good and put in a motion to violate me, take away my 74.11 first offenders program, add time to probation, add work program days, add fines and fees etc... Sends me up to the judge, I sit in the court room for hours waiting to be called and when I was called up I explained myself and my position. I only failed on the grounds of permission and I felt that I was being taken advantage of by having to miss work to prove myself even though I was given permission from my probation officer. They got the head of the department to come up and state his counter argument, then it went back and forth for a few counter points and ultimate the judge asked for closing statements. I represented myself this whole time and couldn't be any more proud of me. The judge ruled in favor of me, threw out everything that was put in motion by the probation department, said I'm allowed to use medical marijuana but he still wants me to take drug tests to show I'm not using other drugs. Which is fine by me, I even told the judge if I have to pass all my drug tests thats fine, but to base any additional punishment upon my actions that I was granted permission for is absurd.

All in all, I am very impressed with this law, and the fact that judges aren't abusing it and honoring it! This was all in Livonia, which as many of you may know has a 0 tolerance law for medical marijuana and are very opposed to drugs as well as very strict when it comes to the law, the police and their sentencing! Now I can return to my normal life and go back to scouring this forum for those in need of help!

Thanks for the post. Can you elaborate on what court this case was heard and by which judge? This could be very important information for the rest of us. Thank you.