Dea Invades Mendocino County 99 Plant Collective Farms!

HerbanLegendSeeds

http://mendonews.wordpress.com/2010/07/12/dea-invades-mendocino-county-99-plant-collective-farms/

The federal Drug Enforcement Administration has flouted Mendocino County, California’s newly enacted medical marijuana ordinance by raiding the first collective that had applied to the sheriff’s cultivation permit program.

A multi-agency federal task force descended on the property of Joy Greenfield, 689, the first Mendo patient to pay the $1,050 application fee under the ordinance, which allows collectives to grow up to 99 plants provided they comply with certain regulations.

Greenfield had applied in the name of her collective, “Light The Way,” which opened in San Diego earlier this year. Her property had passed a preliminary inspection by the Mendo sheriff’s deputies shortly before the raid, and she had bought the sheriff’s “zip-ties” intended to designate her cannabis plants as legal.

In the days before the raid, Greenfield had seen a helicopter hovering over her property; she inquired with the sheriff, who told her the copter belonged to the DEA and wasn’t under his control.

The agents invaded her property with guns drawn, tore out the collective’s 99 plants and took Greenfield’s computer and cash.

Joy was not at home during the raid, but spoke on the phone to the DEA agent in charge. When she told he she was a legal grower under the sheriff’s program, the agent replied, “I don’t care what the sheriff says.”

When she returned to her house she found it in disarray with soda cans strewn on the floor. “It was just a mess,” she said. “No one should be able to tear your house apart like that.”

Greenfield called the raid a “slap in the face of Mendocino’s government.”

The DEA has been tight-lipped about the raid, but claims it was part of a larger investigation involving other suspects.

“Here Mendo is trying to step out in front by passing this ordinance, and what do the Feds do but raid the first applicant,” said Greenfield’s attorney, Bob Boyd of Ukiah.

“The DEA is stepping all over local authorities trying to tax and regulate,” Boyd said.

Neither Boyd nor other locals believe that the sheriff tipped off the DEA or gave them any information about permit applicants.

Mendocino County Sheriff Tom Allman confirmed Friday that the property owner had the proper paperwork and the marijuana was legal in the eyes of the county.

“This was a federal operation and had nothing to do with local law enforcement,” Allman said. “The federal government made a decision to go ahead and eradicate it.”

Mendocino County Sheriff Tom Allman has been supportive of medical marijuana cultivators who go by the rules.

Sheriff Allman has been highly supportive of efforts to bring local growers into the permit program. Nonetheless, observers fear the raid will have a chilling effect on medical cultivators, possibly causing supply problems for local patients.

“This raid is clear evidence that the DEA is out of control,” said California NORML director Dale Gieringer. “A change in federal law is long overdue.”

“In the meantime, the DEA needs a new director who will enforce Attorney General Holder’s pledge not to interfere in state medical marijuana laws,” Gierigner said.

The DEA is currently directed by Michele Leonhart, a Bush Administration holdover who has presided over numerous medical marijuana raids, and has obstructed research efforts to develop marijuana for medicine.

President Obama has renominated Leonhart to head the agency — a move strongly opposed by drug reformers, who are calling on the administration to honor its pledge of change.

Seriously, who can sleep at night knowing at any moment these nazis can kick in your door, kill your pets, and steal from you the fruits of your labor and medicine. I thought I would sleep much better at night once the law changed, but I have found in fact that I go without sleep on a more regular basis in fear of things like this happening to my family.

This is going to start back firing on them

Messing with growers and providers sanctioned by state and local authorities

The sort of shake and bake crap they pull...just bust it up break everything no real charges

They come into these dispenseries and do the same stuff....tear out all the plants break all the equiptment take all the money and medicine and leave behind a mess

Its just like prohibition...busting all thoughs whiskey barrels

They seem to be able to leave liquor stores alone now...whats the big dif?

Cannabis is truely a medicine...cannabis can change the world and comes from nature

And not one reported death according the US surgeon general...zero

Its happy, fun, gagareous, laughably hilarious, and seriously spiritual

Its great in the morning, afternoon, and night...Its smell is devine and its aroma intoxicating

Its fantastic...realistic...durable...apatable...and fun!

Liquor will kill your "Donkey" dead in 3 years if you drink just one bottle a day

Cannabis clears your head....protects your brain cells ...protects your mind ...cultivates your soul... makes life seem worth living...give meaning where there was none...focuses the intellect...brings compassion, empathy...and desire to help others!

Its helping us...We are helping it...You would think the DEA had some more fiendish substances to chase after...

Please dont tell us your 'just doing your job enforcing laws' what are you ...just tools ???

Is that it...just implements of tyranical corporatist bureaucracy ???

How about taking a good hard look and what you are doing and look at cannabis for real...Make some changes... How about being honest about reality ?

Do something to guide the direction of your own enforcement regime!

Are you satisfied believing the propoganda fed to you without actually finding out the truth for yourself ...Would you like to think for yourself ???

Dont just make some brownies from consifacted stash...That's a good way to freak yourself right out...Just smoke two hits and wait 10 min

Then smoke two more

Do it in a relaxed environment...put on some happy tunes and get back to us :D

Or just google cannabis/cancer THC/cancer cannabis/diabetes cannabis/pain

Heck just Google it man !!!!! please just think yourself...find out for yourself...

Then start guiding your own destiny...Make changes in your emphesis in law enforcement...Some day soon a loved one or even you may need this medicine

...Think about it.

• 1 month later...

You would think that Cannabis was Public Enemy #1. What about the other Dope?

Like Cocaine, Heroin, Crack and Meth are not as bad or something?

Look Who's the lookin' like the Dopes now?

Hehe, but Cocaine, Opium and Meth are Schedule 2, so obviously Marijuana is a bigger threat. :blink:

There is no logic or reasoning behind the actions of these folks, they are Kool-aid drinkers and will gladly drink up the poison with their prophet.

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.cbs47.tv/news/local/story/Chief-Dyer-Calls-Medical-Marijuana-Grows-Dangerous/UM-_ylkJ00WaVDKYL0hROw.cspx

thumb_1284239040113_0p8470222346297722.jpg It may be legal to grow, but medical marijuana is increasingly a source of violence in Fresno. “People are willing to take risks to go into a backyard, or to break into a residence, for the purpose of stealing marijuana,” said Fresno Police Chief Jerry Dyer.

As a result there have been 3 shootings in the city in the past week. The victim of Wednesday’s shooting is in critical condition, he was shot was in the head while trying to steal marijuana from this home near Roeding Park. The alleged gunman was arrested and will face assault with a deadly weapon charges and possibly homicide.

There were two other shootings on September 4th and 6th in Fresno related to other marijuana grows.

“We had marijuana being grown in the back yard. All of them claimed to be a collective and all of them were Southeast Asian,” said Dyer.

A police car is now assigned near Roeding Park 24 /7.

You can clearly see and smell the marijuana growing in this backyard, but the Fresno Police Department says they can't do anything about it because four of the residents have medical marijuana cards. So they can legally grow up to 230 plants and have an additional 19lbs of dry bud.

“That's a lot of medicine, that's too much medicine. When you prescribe Vicodin and stuff they don't give you 5,000 pills,” said Jumes Gruzie, a Fresno Resident.

Police are looking for 41 year old Richard Scott young, 41 year old Mark Williams, and 47 year old Charles Boe. The car they were driving is a white 1993 Chevy van with the license plate 3GVL596.

the fact that the states ( a better indicator of what THE PEOPLE desire, as WE have a stronger voice in the state we live in, than the country we live in) are allowing medical mj, and obama said (he's just as big of a liar as the rest of them; he just really likes being on TV) he was going to leave the mmj alone, should be enough cause to reclassify mj, to show that IT DOES HAVE MEDICINAL USE.

the fact that it does less danger than alcohol and cigarettes is a whole other issue. the point i'm trying to make in this thread, is that it should be reclassified and the DEA should have NO power to do what they have just done, and will probably do to everyone else who applies for that permit.

this is disgusting. i question the sheriff having no clue what was going on, and i question just how strongly he supports mmj, and isn't just putting his "nice" face on for the cameras and media

“That's a lot of medicine, that's too much medicine. When you prescribe Vicodin and stuff they don't give you 5,000 pills,” said Jumes Gruzie, a Fresno Resident.

yes, dingleberry, that is a lot of medicine, and you are correct, they do not give you 5,000 pills. i can order 3 months of medication at a time, though. besides, you need to have a stash (i'm not commenting on the amount your stash should be), as you don't just open a bottle of mj and take a pill out. it needs to grow, be processed and dried. also, you have no clue if they have patients that they are caregivers for. i hate when people do not understand, yet comment like they're experts, Jumes Gruzie, Fresno Resident.

• 1 month later...

Editorial comment:

Yup, this is going to blow up in the governments face just like prohibition, the war on drugs, and the vietnam, iraq, afganistan wars...

I say we put and end to this by growing the minimum legal limit in every home across every medical state...

Get your neighbors legal under state laws and growing... 12 plants in every closet in CALI and in MI. Small organic micro-grows.

We live in a democracy and not only growing in every home but having public discussion about it will change the way we live so we are not harassed by the government for living our lives.

I am starting to think President Obama may be playing a political game and may be too conservative. He does not want to be seen as the "pot president" in this term, could complicate an already rocky reelection. Leonhart must go and how do we from a grassroots perspective effect that change? This raises the question as to how one effects change in a bureaucracy until laws can change. That cannabis has no medical value is and has been a corrupt lie and getting the feds or any government entity to admit it is wrong is unbelievably difficult if not impossible. darn I am turning into a friggin tea bagger.

I am starting to think President Obama may be playing a political game and may be too conservative. He does not want to be seen as the "pot president" in this term, could complicate an already rocky reelection. Leonhart must go and how do we from a grassroots perspective effect that change? This raises the question as to how one effects change in a bureaucracy until laws can change. That cannabis has no medical value is and has been a corrupt lie and getting the feds or any government entity to admit it is wrong is unbelievably difficult if not impossible. darn I am turning into a friggin tea bagger.

If Obama doesn't make a move to get marijuana laws changed, he will most likely not get re-elected.

He courted the marijuana vote before the election then laughed at us after the election was over.

Words won't do for us before his next election. Only action will keep him in office.

If Obama doesn't make a move to get marijuana laws changed, he will most likely not get re-elected.

He courted the marijuana vote before the election then laughed at us after the election was over.

Words won't do for us before his next election. Only action will keep him in office.

i agree.

i dont get into political discussions and there are many many reasons for that..... but i gotta step in here.

and this is why i dont...... (let the flames fly).... i dont care.

obama is a "decent" guy IMO. and a very eloquent speaker. but the ONLY reason he is president is because of the african american vote.

before ANYONE gets irritated, lets go over some facts.

black/inner city/thug/gangster drug dealers (and their clients) who cannot even spell the word "vote", got on the bus, and went out and voted for the first time in their lives for 2 reasons...... the man is black, and the man seemed to want to be easy on drugs.

well, he is still black........ but the drug thing isnt what it was supposed to be.

i do not see his "crew" going back to the polls again unless something VERY DRASTIC happens between now and then.

i'm not racist folks. believe that. but the numbers dont lie. more black voters in the united states than ever before? why?

black man running for president. if anything is racist, this is. where were these american voters before there was a black man on the ballot?

why the heck are the inner city drug-lords voting for the first time in their lives?? ...................................

black man on the ballot who seemed to be "o.k." with cannabis.

not anymore......

Archived