Would Like To Know What It Takes To Be A Caregiver

schwinnbiker420

Well no charges for possession or such in your background. At least one patient who has a card or is getting a card. A good caregiver should be honest and trustworthy. You have to know how to cultivate and care for MM which includes being able to dry it properly..The abillity to travel is a plus (some patients can't). A secure locked facillity to grow in and once you have that, keep your plant count to under 12 per patient. The patient is allowed 2.5 ounces at a time as are you for that same patient. You need to be able to be organized as well if you have patients you need thier paperwork on you any time you travel with any amount of MM and you need it in your grow room as well.

Most important you need to know that even when you do know the law and are following it, you are still at risk of being raided by police who wil do nothing but find ways to try and screw you from what I have seen on this page.

Law Overview

Michigan

SUMMARY: Sixty-three percent of voters approved Proposal 1 on November 4, 2008. The law took effect on December 4, 2008. It removes state-level criminal penalties on the use, possession and cultivation of marijuana by patients who possess written documentation from their physicians authorizing the medical use of marijuana. Patients diagnosed with the following illnesses are afforded legal protection under this act: Cancer, glaucoma, positive status for human immunodeficiency virus, acquired immune deficiency syndrome, hepatitis C, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, Crohn's disease, agitation of Alzheimer's disease, nail patella, or the treatment of these conditions. Patients are also offered legal protection if they have a chronic or debilitating disease or medical condition or treatment of said condition that produces 1 or more of the following: cachexia or wasting syndrome; severe and chronic pain; severe nausea; seizures, including but not limited to those characteristic of epilepsy; or severe and persistent muscle spasms, including but not limited to those characteristic of multiple sclerosis. Patients (or their primary caregivers) may possess no more than 12 marijuana plants kept in an enclosed, locked facility or 2.5 ounces of usable marihuana. The law establishes a confidential state-run patient registry that issues identification cards to qualifying patients. The state officially began accepting applications for the program on April 6, 2009.

Valid medical marijuana registry cards from other medical marijuana states are recognized in this state, so long as the cardholder is in compliance with the possession limits imposed on cardholders in this state.

AMMENDMENTS: Yes

Administrative rules for the program took effect on April 4, 2009. A copy of the regulations is available here.

MEDICAL MARIJUANA STATUTES: Michigan Medical Marihuana Act, Mich. Comp. Law §§ 333.26421 - 333.26430 (2008).

CONTACT INFORMATION:

Michigan Medical Marihuana Program (MMMP)

Michigan.gov/mmp

Michigan Medical Marijuana Association

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/

Here is the STATES PAGE and on there you can get the paperwork you will need and read the full law as well..

Keep coming here and asking questions, everyone here is very knowledgable about the issues with MM and caregiving. And find a Compassion Club near you carded or not go...The people at mine are real cool people and have educated me a lot on MM law and proceedures..

Oh and go to my page and give me some POS rep when you have time too :P

Good luck

Well no charges for possession or such in your background. At least one patient who has a card or is getting a card. A good caregiver should be honest and trustworthy. You have to know how to cultivate and care for MM which includes being able to dry it properly..The abillity to travel is a plus (some patients can't). A secure locked facillity to grow in and once you have that, keep your plant count to under 12 per patient. The patient is allowed 2.5 ounces at a time as are you for that same patient. You need to be able to be organized as well if you have patients you need thier paperwork on you any time you travel with any amount of MM and you need it in your grow room as well.

Most important you need to know that even when you do know the law and are following it, you are still at risk of being raided by police who wil do nothing but find ways to try and screw you from what I have seen on this page.

Law Overview

Michigan

SUMMARY: Sixty-three percent of voters approved Proposal 1 on November 4, 2008. The law took effect on December 4, 2008. It removes state-level criminal penalties on the use, possession and cultivation of marijuana by patients who possess written documentation from their physicians authorizing the medical use of marijuana. Patients diagnosed with the following illnesses are afforded legal protection under this act: Cancer, glaucoma, positive status for human immunodeficiency virus, acquired immune deficiency syndrome, hepatitis C, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, Crohn's disease, agitation of Alzheimer's disease, nail patella, or the treatment of these conditions. Patients are also offered legal protection if they have a chronic or debilitating disease or medical condition or treatment of said condition that produces 1 or more of the following: cachexia or wasting syndrome; severe and chronic pain; severe nausea; seizures, including but not limited to those characteristic of epilepsy; or severe and persistent muscle spasms, including but not limited to those characteristic of multiple sclerosis. Patients (or their primary caregivers) may possess no more than 12 marijuana plants kept in an enclosed, locked facility or 2.5 ounces of usable marihuana. The law establishes a confidential state-run patient registry that issues identification cards to qualifying patients. The state officially began accepting applications for the program on April 6, 2009.

Valid medical marijuana registry cards from other medical marijuana states are recognized in this state, so long as the cardholder is in compliance with the possession limits imposed on cardholders in this state.

Administrative rules for the program took effect on April 4, 2009. A copy of the regulations is available here.

MEDICAL MARIJUANA STATUTES: Michigan Medical Marihuana Act, Mich. Comp. Law §§ 333.26421 - 333.26430 (2008).

CONTACT INFORMATION:

Michigan.gov/mmp

Here is the STATES PAGE and on there you can get the paperwork you will need and read the full law as well..

Keep coming here and asking questions, everyone here is very knowledgable about the issues with MM and caregiving. And find a Compassion Club near you carded or not go...The people at mine are real cool people and have educated me a lot on MM law and proceedures..

Good luck

well i think you said just about all that can be said :thumbsu:so i gave you a Pos Rep: for a good Job lol

Just want to know how to become a caregiver and how much it cost.Need to know every step of it have no idea were to begin.Please HELP me.Thanks for the help in advance.

A widely-accepted definition of a carer/caregiver is:

Someone whose life is in some way restricted by the need to be responsible for the care of someone who is mentally ill, mentally handicapped, physically disabled or whose health is impaired by sickness or old age.

Law Overview

Michigan

CONTACT INFORMATION:

Michigan.gov/mmp

Good luck

I have a possession from 6 years ago for 2 grams of marijuan. Does this mean that I can't be a caregiver? iT WAS A misdemeaner

Pretty sure it is any drug related conviction.

Read the law and take some time to really read over the many excellent posts on this site. Before you commit to being someones caregiver, make sure you can actually produce good quality marijuana on a consistent basis. Don't jump in over your head, in most cases you will be dealing with people who need a consistent supply. They will usually be of very limited means, so don't expect you will be making a full time living off of your patients. About sixty percent of patients who have registered with the state have qualified for the reduced rate card based on being on SSI, SSD, or medicaid. Most of these people have an income of $500-$1500 per month. Take away the very barest of living expenses and they will have almost nothing left to buy medicine.

You may also encounter patients who want you to provide loads of medicine every month. This patient may be re-selling medicine in able to keep themselves supplied. I don't see this as a bad thing, people do what they need to do to get by. Just realize that if one of the people who they sell to might get busted and flip on the patient. This could come back on you if it looks like you knew what they were up to.

Pretty sure it is any drug related conviction.

Read the law and take some time to really read over the many excellent posts on this site. Before you commit to being someones caregiver, make sure you can actually produce good quality marijuana on a consistent basis. Don't jump in over your head, in most cases you will be dealing with people who need a consistent supply. They will usually be of very limited means, so don't expect you will be making a full time living off of your patients. About sixty percent of patients who have registered with the state have qualified for the reduced rate card based on being on SSI, SSD, or medicaid. Most of these people have an income of $500-$1500 per month. Take away the very barest of living expenses and they will have almost nothing left to buy medicine.

You may also encounter patients who want you to provide loads of medicine every month. This patient may be re-selling medicine in able to keep themselves supplied. I don't see this as a bad thing, people do what they need to do to get by. Just realize that if one of the people who they sell to might get busted and flip on the patient. This could come back on you if it looks like you knew what they were up to.

I know a guy from a CC meeting who says he got popped for a plant growing, then became a cg for his mom regardless...That is why I am unclear as to whether or not that is the case...

Archived