Done With Mt.pleasant!

jacklash69

One more thing, alot of the people i have sent there have had issues unresolved..I supported the dispense 120percent in the begining.

I don't think you are catching the ball here.

My point is that the Mt. Pleasant Compassion Club is NOT the dispensary. Please stop combining the two entities.

The club is the club, the dispensary is the dispensary. Two different organizations period! If you have an issue with CA, then please keep the issue there. The manner in which you state your complaints with CA, you also include the Mt. Pleasant CC. I feel that it is giving the wrong impression of our club, we are a medical marijuana support group, for the people. It would be wise to consider what you are saying before publicizing it.

I no longer wish to discuss this any further. I believe my point was well stated in my previous post. I would like it to end here.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't get spell check to work please excuse any miss spelled words.

It seems to me a lot of people are confused on how or system is designed. C.A does not buy or sell cannabis. The only prices that our dictated by C.A. are membership/locker fees and energy drinks/rolling papers. I repeat we do not set the prices of the cannabis in our shop. So if anybody says they or somebody they know has sold cannabis to C.A.; they are incorrect.

We opened on May 1. The crop that was supposed to supply my patients and I for May and June was sabitashed. So I, as a caregiver, would buy people’s overages to supply me and my patients. Yes I met these people at the shop. The reason I bought it was because they were still nervous about being on paper or they didn't want to pay income tax. Either way, they didn't want to rent a locker. Sense July or so, I have very seldom, if ever, bought cannabis from anybody. AND C.A. HAS NEVER BOUGHT CANNABIS FROM ANYBODY.

There is a jar asking for donations for a legal fund and we have been donated around 300 dollars so far. We appreciate this very much. Thank you. This is because we feel we in the fight for everybody in the medical marijuana community, so we thought it was appropriate to ask for help. And the patients have donated, I believe, all of the money so far. After making Michigan cannabis farmer around 200,00 dollars legally and safely, they have not helped in this fight. And as most people know our service charge is between 20-24% of the price the caregivers set. Because of Matt and My political beliefs, we pay an estimated 50% labor cost. Add in; startup cost, reinvestments, legal fees, rent, utilities, supplies, plus the fact that Matt and I split the profits. But we most definitely do not ask for gas money and never have. On top of all of that we do everything we do all we can to get the caregivers to set their prices as low as they can. This means we make less money.

The only reason we have ever told anybody how much money is flowing through C.A is because we want to be transparent. We believe that it helps ease peoples mind and that it will allow and educated people to understand that the economic boost in the form of jobs and taxes is a great thing for Michigan's economy. We in no way have bragged about how much money we make, do make enough money to brag if I wanted to.

When it comes to quality control, I admit, we let caregivers put almost any grade of cannabis they want, at any price, on the market. The main source of quality control we have, is that the administrators give their opinions and even warnings about the low quality cannabis. And any member who wants can ask to see it weighed or see what the cannabis looks like after being weighed. If anyone tells you the asked to see the cannabis in the bag we handed them before they left and we said no; they are incorrect.

Our mission statement is this: To bring the MMMA for a state of theory to a state of practice in a way that not only benefits patients and caregivers, but the community and the State of Michigan as a whole. We believe that patients should only come to C.A. to acquire cannabis if they or their caregivers are unable to supply them self. Yes a lot of the prices that the caregivers set are high but we still believe that we give people access that wouldn’t have it otherwise. Our over 550 members kind of attests to that too.

C.A is in no way connected to the compassion club and I have only ever opened the shop after a meeting at the request of an attendant one time[/b], and only because I have a hard time saying no sometimes. I had other things I would have rather been doing then opening the shop.

Also I really don't have to justify my self but I have put over a year and a half of volunteer time and a few hundred dollars in to the compassion club and never reimburse myself even once.

To MayorHerb.

Mayor I would usually never respond to rumors or to false accusations in public. Also I know that debates on forums are ridiculous. But I considered you a friend and there for I feel it is kosher.

What is wrong with you? I'm a 24 year old kid who comes from a single parent, 7 child house hold. I grew up in poverty my whole life. And you’re talking bad about me for buying a car and not funding the compassion club with my own personal money. You should be proud of me man. I thought you were, but you are two faced. And how dare you question how much money or time I have put into it. I’ve put hundreds of hours and dollars into it. You wouldn't even help out when your wife was trying to get you to too.

To Jacklash69

I remember you and your wife and I really liked you guys I never expected to see bad words from you. I was even thinking about you because I have so blu kush coming up soon. There has obviously been some sort of miscommunication. As I do not know you that well I will send you a private message.

To HerbanLedgenSeeds.

"Someday the market will be flooded and prices will come down and then the true quality your looking for will start to show up."

You state perfectly what our goal is.

Also we haven’t had anything in here sense the $10 dollars a gram stuff you are talking about. We didn’t start charging double others people did.

I thought you didn’t like me so I appreciate your maturity and professionalism not to slander or talk bad about me other than your one inaccuracy. Maybe after were open for more than 5 months in an industry that has never existed before; you might come visit us again

Brandon McQueen

C.A co-ownwer

Former MTPLCC's Director

I don't think you are catching the ball here.

My point is that the Mt. Pleasant Compassion Club is NOT the dispensary. Please stop combining the two entities.

The club is the club, the dispensary is the dispensary. Two different organizations period! If you have an issue with CA, then please keep the issue there. The manner in which you state your complaints with CA, you also include the Mt. Pleasant CC. I feel that it is giving the wrong impression of our club, we are a medical marijuana support group, for the people. It would be wise to consider what you are saying before publicizing it.

I no longer wish to discuss this any further. I believe my point was well stated in my previous post. I would like it to end here.

again i know the two are different.Brandon was running the compassion club and store when i quit going to compassion club..He him self said he didnt want the club to be what others was wanting..He him self was wanting all to go to his store instead of working among the group.And when i was there i never remember any one voting on any one being in charge..Maybe all that happened after i left.Growgodess i have never even brought up your name..and again i liked Brandon..I was a loyal club person and brought alot of people..But when Brandon said he didnt want a club that wya for the patients and you agreed..That just told me to move on to another club..I went to a bunch and belong to a bunch on line..I know the club is different from dispense,I wasnt the one mixing them..Maybe Brandon isnt now BUt he was combined them

come to our meetings listen to what the PEOPLE are saying not me..Mt.pleasant Compassion club had said in a public meeting they (brandon and you agreed)that the club did not want to have a club like the ones down state..Not what the people are looking for..Thats what Brandon wanted.i understand that.why would he want patients to get meds from the club ,when they can get them from the store.I understand it is in a public building.But when the club leader stress to the club goers he doesnt want that..they left.People do not want to pay high prices they cant afford it..

I dont get this. Over the past 40 years I've bought meds in CA, TX, MI, IL, NY, NJ, Fl, maybe one or two others in the US. I always got to see the product, fondle it, smell it, and try it before I purchased AND I always walked with the bag the product I sampled came from. If the incompetence, trick or treat, bait & switch issues described here is what legal is all about, bring back prohibition. At least, you dealt with a better class of suppliers.

JMHO

I agree with everything except the fondle it part. I agree you should be able to look and smell but I dont think people should be able to touch the buds I can see why you would want to especially if they are possibly wet but idk. I just dont like the idea of buying nugs that anyone/everyone could have been feeling up lol.. There is even a place in Lansing, I heard of the frickin radio Danny Trevino was like if your not happy with your meds you can return em....!?!??!! I was thinking wtf... Thats a reason not to go there.. Not a reason to go there.. What you go home smoke some and want to return it he gives you the difference of the cost wtf... If you know anything about bug you can tell if it good by just lookin and smellin...

All I know is that the AK47 I left in my locker at the CA in Lansing is heady and organic, cured well and $15 a gram...

Seem like nice folks to me.

Thank you for the kind words and participating in our locker lease program bigERN, our members are quit impressed with the AK-47.

As owner of C.A. of Lansing I appreciate the commitment Brandon and Matt has dedicated to the Medical Marijuana patient program in Michigan. Keep up the great work C.A. of Mt. Pleasant.

Ken Van Every

Owner

C.A. of Lansing

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting opinions...but we all know what they say. Right? Anyway CA is helping alot of people in many ways. i can tell you this I went to the Lansing area dispencery's and was very disappointed with the products..quality mostly.

its my understanding that CA is going to do a quality control program very soon. Meaning growers wont beable to drop junk off there. Just ask who ever is working or take a scope to find the best kinds.

Last time I was there they had 39 flavors........Some very good stuff. Hows that go...u cant please everyone all the time. But can sure as hell try. The Blowfish rocks!

Archived