Where The Good Deals Are!

MiB

OK. Please post where you go to buy stuff. I'm talking about non-hydro shop sources for all those things that we use. The easier and more discrete the purchase, the better. I make my own soil, so I'm interested in sources for "our plant" friendly potting mixes and worm castings and dolomitic lime and bat guano and fish meal and myco-cultures and don't forget things like cheap nursery pots and panda film. Anything grow related and big and little stores are OK.

I am paying for every supply cash only. I have heard of way too many people getting busted. This is certainly one way where things cannot be tracked. I am also buying the majority of my items from a store with people i trust, even for items i may have to spend a little more on (pots, stakes, etc.)

OK. Please post where you go to buy stuff. I'm talking about non-hydro shop sources for all those things that we use. The easier and more discrete the purchase, the better. I make my own soil, so I'm interested in sources for "our plant" friendly potting mixes and worm castings and dolomitic lime and bat guano and fish meal and myco-cultures and don't forget things like cheap nursery pots and panda film. Anything grow related and big and little stores are OK.

Roots Aurora Soil...anybody no where to get this cheap. By normal source for this brand just up there price and I refuse to pay the new adjusted price. ANy help is greatly appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest thequietone

I want to know where I can get 3.5 cubic foot bags of Perlite and Vermiculite in Michigan.

Try growco in GR I know the have 4 cubic foot bags of perlite and I am not sure about the vermiculite. I purchased some there but don't remember the size bag I got, I think it was 4 cubic feet.

I really like MycoGrow Soluble from fungi perfecti www.fungi.com for soil applications. An ounce is only $5.95 and a little goes a long way.

Contains concentrated spore mass of the following:

Endomycorrhizal fungi: Glomus intraradices, Glomus mosseae, Glomus aggregatum, Glomus clarum, Glomus deserticola, Glomus etunicatum, Gigaspora margarita, Gigaspora brasilianum, Gigaspora monosporum

Ectomycorrhizal fungi:

Rhizopogon villosullus, Rhizopogon luteolus, Rhizopogon amylopogon, Rhizopogon fulvigleba, Pisolithus tinctorius, Laccaria bicolor, Laccaria laccata, Scleroderma cepa, Scleroderma citrinum, Suillus granulatas, Suillus punctatapies

Trichoderma Trichoderma harzianum, Trichoderma konigii

Beneficial Bacteria::

Bacillus subtillus, Bacillus licheniformis, Bacillus azotoformans, Bacillus megaterium, Bacillus coagulans, Bacillus pumlis, Bacillus thuringiensis, Bacillus stearothermiphilis, Paenibacillus polymyxa, Paenibacillus durum, Paenibacillus florescence, Paenibacillus gordonae, Azotobacter polymyxa, Azotobacter chroococcum, Sacchromyces cervisiae, Streptomyces griseues, Streptomyces lydicus, Pseudomonas aureofaceans, Deinococcus erythromyxa

For hydroponic applications I like to use the MycoGrow for vegetables. It only has Endomycorrhizal (inside the roots) fungi (Glomus intraradices, Glomus mosseae, Glomus aggregatum, Glomus etunicatum)

Please, do not use Walmart products, we are boycotting all Walmart outlets due to their corporate policies involving patient employees...Peace...j.b.

Ah yes I do remember coming across this now. It slipped my mind. I haven't been there in quite a while, I just remember a few years back getting some soil from there.

Archived