What Are The Odds?

420Atheist

you must not have done the "i want all females" dance before you tried germinating the seeds...lol..sorry for your bad luck...some here would say that you can improve your odds of getting females by contoling temps and other factors, but i've found it seems to be just a matter of luck,i hope you have enought seeds to try again..zzb

Thanks for the encouragement guys. Zipbanger, I need to see that dance so I can reproduce it. Yes I have some Jack Herer and Raspberry Cough seeds to try yet. There must be a female in there somewhere. Minion, I plan on cloning once I get a decent female to use.

Back in the day I never had an issue with all male plants like this. I thought I did a good job with the temps and they really did not look stressed in any way. Oh well I will try again this weekend.

8 seeds. 7 sprout. 4 reach maturity. They look fine. One is a little stretched out but they still look pretty healthy. All 4 males. :( If I did not have bad luck . . .

if you are set on growing from seed, try feminized seeds. i ordered 15 fems from nirvana, all of them sprouted and reached maturity and only 2 ended up being males. 10/12 - works in my book

I have the seeds so that is what I was trying. I don't really know anyone to get clones. I assume you can get them from some clubs but I have been nervous about attending and getting on someones list. I will give it another go. The problem is how long I have to wait to find out what I have.

Growing from seeds and/or clones both have their respective places. Growing from seed is a wonderful learning experience. Its also a good way to possibly find a really really plant that is worthy of cloning and keeping around. On the flip side you may never know what your getting even if you know the name of the strain. Clones are nice if you know what your getting is quality. It seems these days some caregivers will clone anything without first flowering the strain to see how it grows and the quality of the smoke. There is much more to these arguments on either side, and some people swear by them, i go both routes personally.

TFB

you don't always know you're getting quality in gifted clones. unless you can sample the smoke and verify you actually have medical benefits, it's all a crap shoot, like starting seeds.

i see a lot of people raving about fem. seeds these days. lots of hermis and males in those packs man. not good for breeding with or the genepool. no elite clones have ever been found in fem. seeds either. also top cannabis breeders like shantibaba from mr. nice, sam the skunkman(father of modern cannabis), and rez from reservoir seeds do not believe in them. rez is doing an experimental release for fun, he used erratic lighting versus colladial silver spray.

buy good seeds of what you want to smoke, not cheap seeds either, clone everything, share only the best. do your part for the community.

I did some growing 20 years ago. Back then the seeds I got from the Seed Bank of Holland were pretty darn good every time. It seems like it is not the case today. Of course in all fairness I paid 4 times for those seeds what I paid for the ones I got now.

One thing I did (for right or wrong) was I would cut a few of the best buds off a plant and put it back into a 18 hour grow cycle and take my clones once I had some nice shoots to use. Is that not a good idea? It seemed to work and I did not see any problems with the clones but if the practice has some other problems I would like to hear them.

I did some growing 20 years ago. Back then the seeds I got from the Seed Bank of Holland were pretty darn good every time. It seems like it is not the case today. Of course in all fairness I paid 4 times for those seeds what I paid for the ones I got now.

One thing I did (for right or wrong) was I would cut a few of the best buds off a plant and put it back into a 18 hour grow cycle and take my clones once I had some nice shoots to use. Is that not a good idea? It seemed to work and I did not see any problems with the clones but if the practice has some other problems I would like to hear them.

That is called re-vegging. It is a good way to find mothers. Especially when you are running sativas 12/12 from seed.

Archived