Meeting Other Mmma Folks

I had the opportunity to sit down with boroboro last night to discuss a wide variety of topics. I found him to be knowledgeable, caring, honest and we shared some good laughs. It's always enjoyable when you get to meet people in the flesh that you've only traded keystrokes with. If an opportunity presents itself to meet somebody from this forum, I highly recommend you do so....esp if they live nearby.

Pleased to make your acquaintance boroboro. My door's always open, you're welcome at our table, and if you need anything, don't hesitate to give me a holler neighbor! I'm burning those DVD's for you this weekend. Soon your Dead library will grow by leaps & bounds!

Who have you met recently one-on-one?

Guest Marywanna

Peach Festival in Romeo Labor Day week would be a great place to meet,so all you city folks come on out and have a good time in our little town! See ya at the Classic Car and Night Parade!

Thanks Terrapin,

It was good to meet you also, and you're certainly welcome at our place anytime. And a relief that you turned out to be a good guy, and not some sketchy character like that meth head I saw at the gas station later that night.

For many, including myself, it's a big leap from talking and knowing people online to actually meeting in the person. Especially when the topic generates as much controversy and danger as our shared love and respect for this wonderful plant.

I had thought that would be an interesting aspect of compassion club meetings. At most I've been to, however, people are reluctant to share or be associated with their online identities. There are notable exceptions like Tarzan, but for many of us it's tough to come out of the closet.

Not sure how far we should take this online circle of friends thing, but I've also met Ricardomd and Budz-4-U, both very cool cats and good people to know. There are almost certainly a few bad apples in this bunch, but a lot of very nice people also, who we would be unlikely to meet if real life didn't include the Internet.

We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately.

United we stand, divided we fall

And, since Terrapin started the thread, I'll have to close with a quote from the Grateful Dead:

Sometimes we live no

particular way but our own

Sometimes we visit your country

and live in your home

Sometimes we ride on your horses

Sometimes we walk alone

Sometimes the songs that we hear

are just songs of our own

I have yet to meet anyone, but I feel like I just got here so hopefully I will be able to eventually. :)

Oh you will Caramella. I was just talking to your caregiver yesterday. Colin is a great guy that we met here on this site as well as many others. Kingdiamond, porcupine, affordablemimeds, Bob(bobandtorey), etc., etc...the list goes on and on. Some really great people here(and a few not so great).

Go to some of the events. You'll really meet some people from here and then some! Good luck and have fun and be careful.

To be honest, there isn't anyone else here I want to meet. I have enough friends! LOL

Oh you will Caramella. I was just talking to your caregiver yesterday. Colin is a great guy that we met here on this site as well as many others. Kingdiamond, porcupine, affordablemimeds, Bob(bobandtorey), etc., etc...the list goes on and on. Some really great people here(and a few not so great).

Go to some of the events. You'll really meet some people from here and then some! Good luck and have fun and be careful.

To be honest, there isn't anyone else here I want to meet. I have enough friends! LOL

Oh come on, you can never have enough friends! :thumbsu:

Guest drcanna-pest

Does anyone live near or around Traverse City? I just moved here with my wife and kids for work. I went to the Traverse City Compassion Connection meeting. I thought it was okay...although all they really care about is making a dollar. I'm still trying to find the right group. Lets start a co-op in NW Michigan. All I want is medicine at an affordable price and to help ALL other patients do the same.

Does anyone live near or around Traverse City? I just moved here with my wife and kids for work. I went to the Traverse City Compassion Connection meeting. I thought it was okay...although all they really care about is making a dollar. I'm still trying to find the right group. Lets start a co-op in NW Michigan. All I want is medicine at an affordable price and to help ALL other patients do the same.

theres a cc in Cadillac 231-883-4477 or 231-499-1526 good luck

I'm so sorry you had that experience at the TC Compassion Connection. It may seem like that, but they really are a small non-profit organization just trying to keep the lights on. The people there are great.

When did you go?

Archived