Restless Leg Syndrome And Mmj

jinx

Totally wipes out the restless leg problem :) Glad I don't suffer from it as much anymore because mine is brought on by my medications for asthma and allergies. When I did have issure usually late at night like 3-4 am I could take a couple hits and it was all over LOL

Yep, for sure!

Totally wipes out the restless leg problem :) Glad I don't suffer from it as much anymore because mine is brought on by my medications for asthma and allergies. When I did have issure usually late at night like 3-4 am I could take a couple hits and it was all over LOL

Many thanks for your input ! I have two questions I hope you will answer- what drugs did you feel brought on the RLS and what was your initial condition which got you onto MMJ ?

Many thanks,

Dr. jinx

I take advair, and albuterol daily and then if I happen to need some antihistime or Ibuprofen,or any cold type med, there is a good chance I will get restless leg during the night usually 3-4a.m I work afternoons so I don't get to bed till around 2:30. Nyquil will usually bring it on if taken a couple nights in a row, same with cold and allergy meds if not on the first night by the 3rd night of use it will most likely happen. Hope some of this helps. I am hopefull that MM use will take away my inhaler use or at least not so often with the albuterol.

I take advair, and albuterol daily and then if I happen to need some antihistime or Ibuprofen,or any cold type med, there is a good chance I will get restless leg during the night usually 3-4a.m I work afternoons so I don't get to bed till around 2:30. Nyquil will usually bring it on if taken a couple nights in a row, same with cold and allergy meds if not on the first night by the 3rd night of use it will most likely happen. Hope some of this helps. I am hopefull that MM use will take away my inhaler use or at least not so often with the albuterol.

Thanks for the detail Tooldini. I find it fascinating that some of these medications bring on the RLS. Do you know whether it is listed as a possible side effect ? And if you can report that MMJ can significantly reduce or better yet eliminate your use of your inhaler that would be BIG !!

Many thanks for your input,

Dr. Jinx

I've suffered from RLS since I was a pre-teen, therefore

I can't relate any certain medications that may have

contributed to it's onset.

As an adult who has taken way too many otc's for relief

from cold/sinus/allergies/sleeplessness... (Sominex) and

the likes, I've learned that I have to stay away from any

medications that ends in "ine" (even caffeine). Ephedrine,

psuedoephedrine, phenopropanalamine, and never ever,

absolutely NEVER can I take diphenhydromine

(commonly called Benadryl, Sominex. I think it is in

NyQuil also). These will most certainly cause my

RLS. I don't even have to be trying to sleep. If I sit too

long in one position, my legs will do the quirky jerk when

I'm unable to medicate w/MM. A higher % of an Indica

works best for me. MM will not take away the migraines

(not same subject yet, pertinent me thinks!) I've suffered

also since pre-teen days. but, if caught in time and I'm

able to medicate w/MM, most times I won't toss my cookies.

MM relieves the constant nausea + "hot flashes" that are

part of my migraine experience. Beats the dickens out

of laying on the bathroom floor for an unknown length of

time writhing in pain. I will always choose medicating

w/Cannabis any given time over Klonopin (RLS) or

Imitrex (migrains). MM has no side effects.

(Imagine me going to the hospital for an extremely

horrible migraine [3 days in] and given Benadryl to

help me rest!!! Whooohee was that a fun night.)

Hope this helps :)

I have never read if this is a normal side effect from those I would bet it is. My chances of it happening are really really good with Nyquil.I will do some research soon and see what I come up with.

Great !!! Research is the way to go...even on ourselves as we become more and more expert and more and more confident on what MMJ can do.

dr. Jinx

Never got much relief for RLS from MMJ. Did find that sinemet (carbidopa/levidopa) kept it very well controlled. Since the kidney transplant it has become a non-issue.

Did you try the Simpson oil I have seen the Simpson Oil work on 5 different people with restless leg I use it for my liver problems and I no longer require a liver transplant I am also a kidney donor the simpson oil is truly amazing

Many thanks 420atheist !

What did she initially get onto MMJ for ?

Dr. Jinx

Her diagnosis is fibromyalgia some 20 years ago. She has been on every drug that is available for it. Most did nothing. Some of the drugs would help a first but then after a month or two they would stop working. MMJ works best. She still has good and bad days but more good ones than bad ones these days.

What is odd is I have been diagnosed with Sjogren's Syndrome which seems to be closely related to fibromyalgia. Sjogren's is often misdiagnosed at fibromyalgia. Both seem to be autoimmune related. My Sjogren's gets so bad I can't stand up from a seated position without help. For some reason I can't seem to find a doctor who knows squat about either condition and it seems I am always educating the doctors about Sjogren's. I am so disappointed in the state of medical care in the US.

Many thanks Ladyherb !

Would you mind telling us what you got onto MMJ for ?

Dr. Jinx

My original condition was severe & chronic migraines. I get daily migraines with blackouts & awful vomiting. I've been this way for 18 years, trying everything under the sun inpatient and out. MMJ is the only thing I have found to be effective. It is a blessing!

Archived