Bouchard Interview

Ok you good people of the MMMA, what would you ask Mr. Bouchard if you could? We know the media always asks these rogue regime titular heads cream puff questions.

I will chime in later, but many of you have good ideas that I would like to hear from, so let's ask him...<_<

Over 1800 people die in Michigan every year from the side effects of prescription pain killers.

This costs the citizens of Michigan over a half billion dollars in health care costs. Every year.

We have found that 80% of people that are allowed regular access to marijuana will switch from these deadly pills to marijuana.

Shouldn't we encourage these people to stop using medicines that cost us all?

Shouldn't we encourage these people to stay alive?

Q. So do you still beat your wife?

The purpose in asking that question would be to illustrate the way he is handling these raids. He is presuming those involved are guilty without allowing for rational and reasonable explanations. He has discarded any protections offered under the law, and therefore should be arrested and charged with domestic violence regardless of the facts or his answer to the question.

Seriously though, I would love to ask him just one question and would love to get the answer. That question would be:

Q. In recent statements you have stated that "“Our county prosecutor says they’re illegal and the Michigan Department of Community Health says they’re illegal,” and that MDCH says that patient to patient transfers are illegal. Can you please provide ANY proof that MDCH has stated such a thing? Oh and how does your position fit with that of the Michigan State Police who suggest that such transfers are legal?

The Midwest Cultivator asked Michigan State Police (MSP) Inspector Greg Zarotney for clarification on several issues. Inspector Zarotney, of the Field Services Bureau in Lansing, which oversees the patrol and investigative arm of the MSP, is responsible for providing information on enforcement policy to State Police posts.

Does your interpretation of the MMMA allow for patient-to-patient transfers of marijuana?

Inspector Zarotney: First of all, we are law enforcers. We don’t interpret the law, we read and enforce the law. It’s the courts’ job to interpret the law. We put information out to the field regarding changes to the law.

This law doesn’t need too much interpretation regarding transfers of marijuana between patients. If you read from the law, the definition of medical use is straightforward in that it clearly allows for the acquisition, possession, delivery, and transfer of marihuana within the confines of the law.

Sixty three percent of the people passed this law, and law enforcement must accept the fact that the law is here to stay and we have to work within the law’s confines.

Charmie Gholson

Editor

The Midwest Cultivator

Q. What do the words "shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege, including but not limited to civil penalty or disciplinary action by a business or occupational or professional licensing board or bureau, for the medical use of marihuana in accordance with this act" mean to you?

Q. Dr. Bouchard, could you please state in your professional opinion the definition of "medical use" as it is applied to medical marijuana?

;)

Guest finallyfree09

mr bouchard, have you read line 4 i in the michigan medical marijuana act? it clearly states "(i) A person shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege, including but not limited to civil penalty or disciplinary action by a business or occupational or professional licensing board or bureau, solely for being in the presence or vicinity of the medical use of marihuana in accordance with this act, or for assisting a registered qualifying patient with using or administering marihuana."

if you did then surely you noticed the part concerning "assisting a registered qualifying patient with using or administering marihuana." obviously, having read that line, as you are an astute forward thinking and LAW-ABIDING servant of the people, you would have seen the word "administering" used quite plainly. the definition of the word administer is as follows...

Definitions of administer on the Web:

•work in an administrative capacity; supervise or be in charge of; "administer a program"; "she administers the funds"

•perform (a church sacrament) ritually; "administer the last unction"

•distribute: administer or bestow, as in small portions; "administer critical remarks to everyone present"; "dole out some money"; "shell out pocket money for the children"; "deal a blow to someone"; "the machine dispenses soft drinks"

•give or apply (medications)

wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

•Management in all business and human organization activity is the act of getting people together to accomplish desired goals and objectives. ...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Administer

•To cause to take, either by openly offering or through deceit; To apportion out, as in administering justice; To manage or supervise the conduct, performance or execution of; to govern or regulate the parameters for the conduct, performance or execution of; to work in an administrative ...

en.wiktionary.org/wiki/administer

•is the direct application of a drug or device, whether by injection, inhalation, ingestion, or any other means, to the body of a patient or research subject. RCW 18.64.011(23).

www.doh.wa.gov/hsqa/professions/Nursing/CG_Glossary.htm

•To manage, conduct, direct, or superintend the execution of a thing, such as a medication or a social entity, such as an office, a program, or an institution, as in administer a public program.

www.semp.us/publications/disaster_dictionary.php

•1) to conduct the duties of a job or position. 2) particularly, to manage the affairs of the estate of a person who has died under supervision of the local court. 3) to give an oath, as in "administer the oath."

www.confusedaboutlaw.co.uk/wordlist_a.html

•administered - Revenues, expenses, assets or liabilities managed by agencies on behalf of the Commonwealth. Agencies do not control administered items. Administered expenses include grants, subsidies and benefits. In many cases, administered expenses fund the delivery of third party outputs.

www.aph.gov.au/budget%20dummy/budget%202007-08%20mirror/2007-08/pbs/html/glossary.htm

•Anastrozole is administered as a pill once daily. It is eliminated in the body through the urine and feces.

www.aollc.com/drug_dictionary.aspx

•Goserelin is administered subcutaneously (injection under the skin) and the dose depends on several factors, including the condition being treated, the particular regimen being used and the overall health of the patient. ...

ohiocancerinfo.com/DrugDictionary.aspx

•administered - Cisplatin can be given intravenously (into a vein), or intraperitoneally (into the peritoneum of the abdominal cavity). If cisplatin escapes from the vein in which it is administered, it may cause serious damage to the tissue that it comes in contact with. ...

newyorkcancerinfo.com/DrugDictionary.aspx

having read all that mr bouchard, would you say that you acted in accordance with the law or would you say that you broke the law and owe many, many people an apology as well as a letter of resignation explaining EXACTLY HOW you broke the laws you are supposed to uphold and why it is important to have a sherriff that can READ as well as perform the job with proffessionalism and grace?

Guest finallyfree09

and also...

333.26427 Scope of act; limitations.

7. Scope of Act.

Sec. 7. (a) The medical use of marihuana is allowed under state law to the extent that it is carried out in accordance with the provisions of this act.

(b) This act shall not permit any person to do any of the following:

(1) Undertake any task under the influence of marihuana, when doing so would constitute negligence or professional malpractice.

(2) Possess marihuana, or otherwise engage in the medical use of marihuana:

(A) in a school bus;

(B) on the grounds of any preschool or primary or secondary school; or

© in any correctional facility.

(3) Smoke marihuana:

(A) on any form of public transportation; or

(B) in any public place.

(4) Operate, navigate, or be in actual physical control of any motor vehicle, aircraft, or motorboat while under the influence of marihuana.

(5) Use marihuana if that person does not have a serious or debilitating medical condition.

© Nothing in this act shall be construed to require:

(1) A government medical assistance program or commercial or non-profit health insurer to reimburse a person for costs associated with the medical use of marihuana.

(2) An employer to accommodate the ingestion of marihuana in any workplace or any employee working while under the influence of marihuana.

(d) Fraudulent representation to a law enforcement official of any fact or circumstance relating to the medical use of marihuana to avoid arrest or prosecution shall be punishable by a fine of $500.00, which shall be in addition to any other penalties that may apply for making a false statement or for the use of marihuana other than use undertaken pursuant to this act.

(e) All other acts and parts of acts inconsistent with this act do not apply to the medical use of marihuana as provided for by this act.

having read the lines in bold print... would you say that you, YOURSELF are guilty of violating more parts of this law than what i have already asked about?

mr bouchard, have you read line 4 i in the michigan medical marijuana act? it clearly states "(i) A person shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege, including but not limited to civil penalty or disciplinary action by a business or occupational or professional licensing board or bureau, solely for being in the presence or vicinity of the medical use of marihuana in accordance with this act, or for assisting a registered qualifying patient with using or administering marihuana."

if you did then surely you noticed the part concerning "assisting a registered qualifying patient with using or administering marihuana." obviously, having read that line, as you are an astute forward thinking and LAW-ABIDING servant of the people, you would have seen the word "administering" used quite plainly. the definition of the word administer is as follows...

Definitions of administer on the Web:

•work in an administrative capacity; supervise or be in charge of; "administer a program"; "she administers the funds"

•perform (a church sacrament) ritually; "administer the last unction"

•distribute: administer or bestow, as in small portions; "administer critical remarks to everyone present"; "dole out some money"; "shell out pocket money for the children"; "deal a blow to someone"; "the machine dispenses soft drinks"

•give or apply (medications)

wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

•Management in all business and human organization activity is the act of getting people together to accomplish desired goals and objectives. ...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Administer

•To cause to take, either by openly offering or through deceit; To apportion out, as in administering justice; To manage or supervise the conduct, performance or execution of; to govern or regulate the parameters for the conduct, performance or execution of; to work in an administrative ...

en.wiktionary.org/wiki/administer

•is the direct application of a drug or device, whether by injection, inhalation, ingestion, or any other means, to the body of a patient or research subject. RCW 18.64.011(23).

www.doh.wa.gov/hsqa/professions/Nursing/CG_Glossary.htm

•To manage, conduct, direct, or superintend the execution of a thing, such as a medication or a social entity, such as an office, a program, or an institution, as in administer a public program.

www.semp.us/publications/disaster_dictionary.php

•1) to conduct the duties of a job or position. 2) particularly, to manage the affairs of the estate of a person who has died under supervision of the local court. 3) to give an oath, as in "administer the oath."

www.confusedaboutlaw.co.uk/wordlist_a.html

•administered - Revenues, expenses, assets or liabilities managed by agencies on behalf of the Commonwealth. Agencies do not control administered items. Administered expenses include grants, subsidies and benefits. In many cases, administered expenses fund the delivery of third party outputs.

www.aph.gov.au/budget%20dummy/budget%202007-08%20mirror/2007-08/pbs/html/glossary.htm

•Anastrozole is administered as a pill once daily. It is eliminated in the body through the urine and feces.

www.aollc.com/drug_dictionary.aspx

•Goserelin is administered subcutaneously (injection under the skin) and the dose depends on several factors, including the condition being treated, the particular regimen being used and the overall health of the patient. ...

ohiocancerinfo.com/DrugDictionary.aspx

•administered - Cisplatin can be given intravenously (into a vein), or intraperitoneally (into the peritoneum of the abdominal cavity). If cisplatin escapes from the vein in which it is administered, it may cause serious damage to the tissue that it comes in contact with. ...

newyorkcancerinfo.com/DrugDictionary.aspx

having read all that mr bouchard, would you say that you acted in accordance with the law or would you say that you broke the law and owe many, many people an apology as well as a letter of resignation explaining EXACTLY HOW you broke the laws you are supposed to uphold and why it is important to have a sherriff that can READ as well as perform the job with proffessionalism and grace?

EXCELLENT POST!

Mizerman :goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

What would trigger the arrest of an officer under the confidentiality section of the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act? :goodjob:

Or, perhaps, what prevents these arrests? :goodjob:

Doesn't the Michigan State Police oversee crimes committed by officers under the employment of the Oakland County Sheriff's Department/Lapeer County Sheriff's Department?

Mizerman :jipo:

p.s. peanutbutter, when you get a minute or two - your attendance is needed in the comment section of The Oakland Press

Doesn't the Michigan State Police oversee crimes committed by officers under the employment of the Oakland County Sheriff's Department/Lapeer County Sheriff's Department?

Mizerman :jipo:

p.s. peanutbutter, when you get a minute or two - your attendance is needed in the comment section of The Oakland Press

There are several stories in the Oakland Press.

Could you provide me a link please?

Guest Marywanna

This is the exact question I would ask Dr. Alligator:

Why did you direct your deputies to seize HIPPA protected patient records?

Hope you are doing well today, MaryWanna.

Take care,

Mizerman :thumbsu:

Sarah and Skip,I just couldn't take the long day yesterday and Mike couldn't come with me. I HATE the fact that lately I have been having to take someone with me places,like I need a babysitter. I used to take my horse and trailer and go to 3 day horseshows by myself. Stupid body,sometimes I feel like kicking my OWN butt.............Love you guys. MW

Guest Marywanna

Say,has anybody found out what DID happen to the 2 gators? Are they in custody at the Humane Society? I hope they will not be killed,that would REALLY get me mad....... :growl:

I am placing you under citizens arrest.

You have the right to remain silent.

If you give up that right anything you say can and will be used against you.

You have the right to an attorney and to have him present during questioning.

Do you understand those rights?

Are you happy I have protected your rights better than you protected the rights of legal patients?

He was on WJR this morning. Bouchard.....well...what can I say. I don't expect much. My concern was more with Paul W.

It is very clear that Mr. Smith has made absolutely no attempt to educate himself in regard to this issue. His ignorance, arrogance and carelessness is appalling.

"people holding up sign saying you don't care about patients blah blah blah"

How dare you, Mr. Smith. How dare you.

http://www.wjr.net/Article.asp?id=1951668&spid=34612

Archived