T-5 Question

bigtimm

thanks for clearing that up for me...i have a 1,000 watt mh i want to use in a veg room and two 1,000 watt hps i want to use in a flower room and when i started calculating the cost to run the mh on a 16 hr cycle i started looking for a cheaper alternative.(found my lights on craigslist $100 each)

http://www.hydroponics.net/learn/hid_lamp_op_cost.asp

thanks for clearing that up for me...i have a 1,000 watt mh i want to use in a veg room and two 1,000 watt hps i want to use in a flower room and when i started calculating the cost to run the mh on a 16 hr cycle i started looking for a cheaper alternative.(found my lights on craigslist $100 each)

http://www.hydroponics.net/learn/hid_lamp_op_cost.asp

I'm running 3 ~ Hydrofarm [FLT44] Commercial T5 4FT , 4 Tube Fixture

4-lamp

120v/60Hz

1.98A

238W

3”H x 13½"W x 46"L

Rated up to 18,800 lumens

Which gives me 714 watts , 56,400 lumens on less the 6 amps ...

I am So Glad that i went w/ these T-5 lights ...

My Veg Room is doing very well w/ these lights

and is Amazing how fast things grow uderneath these lights :thumbsu:

Guest drcanna-pest

can you run a t5 bulb in a standard fixture?(that hang in a garage) or is it a special setup?

you have to have the correct set-up. going with a garage type set-up is okay for rooting clones and a little veg but it isn't like a true T5 lighting system from your local grow store. or a metal halide to veg for that matter. I veg AND flower with a T5 and found great success with it. if you are around west michigan go to Rothbury, MI and visit Plant Paradise. www.plantparadiseonline.com

Guest drcanna-pest

I'm running 3 ~ Hydrofarm [FLT44] Commercial T5 4FT , 4 Tube Fixture

Which gives me 714 watts , 56,400 lumens on less the 6 amps ...

I am So Glad that i went w/ these T-5 lights ...

My Veg Room is doing very well w/ these lights

and is Amazing how fast things grow uderneath these lights :thumbsu:

I hear you! I have a 8 bulb T5 setup I use for VEG AND FLOWER and am getting excellent results while keeping my light bill and heat problems LOW.

just went down to the hydro store and picked up a 4 bulb t5 fixture (flt44) i did not realize the bulbs were so much smaller in diameter. i hope to buy another one soon ...thanks for all your help

You Won't be Sorry ....

It's almost better then Sex ... LOL

You 'll get hooked and go buy another one

and then you 'll really see your girls get Excited

then i went and bought a third one ...

and OH MY LORD ...

I promise you ,

Your Girls will Treat You Good durning Harvest :thumbsu:

I'm No Master Grower ,

But You give your Girls Lots of Good Light ,

Good Air Movement and a few vitamins and Love ,

Your Girls will Yield You Lots of wet , sticky Budds :thumbsu:

You Won't be Sorry ....

It's almost better then Sex ... LOL

You 'll get hooked and go buy another one

and then you 'll really see your girls get Excited

then i went and bought a third one ...

and OH MY LORD ...

I promise you ,

Your Girls will Treat You Good durning Harvest :thumbsu:

I'm No Master Grower ,

But You give your Girls Lots of Good Light ,

Good Air Movement and a few vitamins and Love ,

Your Girls will Yield You Lots of wet , sticky Budds :thumbsu:

sex?....OH..that stuff i used to get back in high school, before i had kids...lmfao! :))

now i just need a few girls to put under my new light. my 21 days was last friday,i'm going to check out a local compassion club meeting tongiht....and hope to meet some new friends to point me in the proper direction

Guest drcanna-pest

T-5S are great if you have a great ventilation system or grow in a larger room my sun blaze 4ft 4 bulb system ran really hot and eventually i went to t-12s which have close to zero heat and my grow room stays at a comfortable 78 degrees.

??? I don't have a great ventilation system. My T5 has 8 bulbs...pretty skinny in diameter. I can hold my hand 2 inches below the bulbs with no heat issues at all. my cannabis LOVES the T5 light....

??? I don't have a great ventilation system. My T5 has 8 bulbs...pretty skinny in diameter. I can hold my hand 2 inches below the bulbs with no heat issues at all. my cannabis LOVES the T5 light....

Good for you they just ran hot for me i guess . :rolleyes:

My room is 11x12x7 5x5x7 of that is an enclosed bloom box with the hps active the temps would go up in the mid 90s now they stay in the low 80s what may good for some is definitly not good for others.

The T5s put out the same heat as similar wattage lamps, it is just distributed over a larger area and is the reason you are able to get your plants much closer to them. They can still warm a room up as they do put out heat.

T-5 fixtures put out more heat than t-12s and t-8s ive proved that by removing and placing each fixture in the grow area until i settled on the t-12s vegetating plants can also be burned if they get too close to the t-5s i have came back a day or two later and found my plants had grown past the fixture and was hugging the t-12 bulbs with zero burn issues.

My fixture was also a high output t-5 with high output bulbs and i have burned my arm on these bulbs a few times my fixture ran hot all the time .

T-5 fixtures put out more heat than t-12s and t-8s ive proved that by removing and placing each fixture in the grow area until i settled on the t-12s vegetating plants can also be burned if they get too close to the t-5s i have came back a day or two later and found my plants had grown past the fixture and was hugging the t-12 bulbs with zero burn issues.

My fixture was also a high output t-5 with high output bulbs and i have burned my arm on these bulbs a few times my fixture ran hot all the time .

I don't doubt it. I have burned myself on the forearm a few times over the years. The tops of the fixtures can put off some decent heat as well, a few years back I was running a couple of highboy 4 bulb fixtures, and they were enough to keep the shed a very comfortable temp even during winter... The heat is just spread out over a larger surface than other lighting setups...

Theres no disputing lumen output t-5s are ideal for penetrating the canopy and i always grew big bushy plants but always had heat issues but now with the t-12s with red and blue mix bulbs it provides me with nice solid girls to throw into flower where the hps with bush them out even more i have my lighting setup dialed in nicely just have to adjust the temperature.

Archived