More Iight Baby!

rockinlespaul

Well I have decided to add more light to my room. Currently I'm running a T5 4 ft. 4 bulb system and a 400 watt mh/hps system for veg and I have a 1000 watt mh/hps system in the flowering room which is a large tent.

I'm going to add another 600 watts to the flower room. I got a great deal on a Lumatek 600 watt dimmable ballast which I can dim down a few hundred watts or hit super lumen and go up another 10% over the 600. That along with a nice enclosed reflector, hortilux bulb, etc.

So that will give me 1600 watts +/- a few watts for flowering.

NOW I can grow some good medicine!

Guest drcanna-pest

Well I have decided to add more light to my room. Currently I'm running a T5 4 ft. 4 bulb system and a 400 watt mh/hps system for veg and I have a 1000 watt mh/hps system in the flowering room which is a large tent.

I'm going to add another 600 watts to the flower room. I got a great deal on a Lumatek 600 watt dimmable ballast which I can dim down a few hundred watts or hit super lumen and go up another 10% over the 600. That along with a nice enclosed reflector, hortilux bulb, etc.

So that will give me 1600 watts +/- a few watts for flowering.

NOW I can grow some good medicine!

very sweet man! i like using the tents. great reflection and easy to control the enviro. nice choice of lighting. do you also use the T5 along side the HPS when flowering? I have get my best results putting those T5 8 bulb systems with the flowering bulbs laying horizontal on the sides and the HPS above.

I'm sure you will be growing some killer meds now~!

Yes after seeing all that wasted space in your tent another light is going to fill that tent up nicely!

Bad news here i gotta go work in my grow box my temperatures are headed to the 90s with the new 1k ballast so after i smoke me a little sometin sometin to settle down my nerves ill be crawling into my bloom box with my cordless drill and some metal tape and reverse my inlne to draw in some kool air to see if that helps. :mellow:

Yes after seeing all that wasted space in your tent another light is going to fill that tent up nicely now i gotta go work in my grow box my temperatures are headed to the 90s with the new 1k ballast so after i smoke me a little sometin sometin to settle down my nerves ill be crawling into my bloom box with my cordless drill and some metal tape and reverse my inlne to draw in some kool air to see if that helps. :mellow:

Any way to mount your ballast outside the bloom box? Or are you talking about the heat from the lamp itself? Just something to think about. ;)

Yes after seeing all that wasted space in your tent another light is going to fill that tent up nicely!

Bad news here i gotta go work in my grow box my temperatures are headed to the 90s with the new 1k ballast so after i smoke me a little sometin sometin to settle down my nerves ill be crawling into my bloom box with my cordless drill and some metal tape and reverse my inlne to draw in some kool air to see if that helps. :mellow:

that is the only bad thing about the Box heat am going to switch my 12-12 back to the night so as to keep it open when i am sleeping

Any way to mount your ballast outside the bloom box? Or are you talking about the heat from the lamp itself? Just something to think about. ;)

Ballast is mounted out in the veg room this is the big kahuna hood 27x31 with a hortilux eye bulb when i open the bloom box door its like god is smiting me its so bright. :blink:

I'm also getting ready to insulate the outer part of the hood along with the weather changing I'm hoping not to have to go portable air conditioner shopping.

Awesome Rockin'! More light is always better and you can't go wrong with a 600w!

By the way, you can Edit the topic header.

Here's how - Go to your original post. Click "EDIT". Now click on "USE FULL EDITOR"...

Thanks bro. Yup, more light is better than a light mover for me. TOTAL coverage now.

Thanks on the edit thing too, got it! :thumbsu:

LOL, so true... we will be reading about another 600 watt light entering his grow room in the future... and if not it will be another 1000 watter... they are like guitars and tattoos, the more you get the more you "need".

I don't think it can handle any more light, but I am almost due for a new Les Paul and I'm really thinking of getting some new ink. It's been 10 long years. It's time. I'm thinking of using my avatar... :devil:

Archived