Growing On A Rental Property

I heard that someone was having issues with growing on a rental property. I guess some paper wrote that its illegal for patients and caregivers to grow on a rental property. I also heard someone say it was illegal to grow in an apartment, that being a rental property, but i have no factual info.

I think it sounds like people having no clue what they are talking about making accusations. My guess is that someone got evicted or had trouble with a landlord not liking the fact that they were growing and that got turned into people thinking it was illegal.

I hate things like this floating around so i figured i would try to squash this...

Any thoughts?

Most of it would depend on what is written in the lease. As for it being illegal, not under state law. That being said, we all know that marijuana (medical or other) is still illegal under Federal law, and the Feds when they do break up a cultivation site can use the forfeiture laws to go after the entire property.....

So it should not surprise many that landlords would tend to shy away from allowing a grow room on or in their property, especially somebody else's grow room..

I think that if you do grow in a rental unit, you should take utmost care of the property. We need to set an example for the rest of the country here in MI. In CALI, people really frown upon grow houses, whether rental or homeowners, because they are so poorly taken care of.

it is my beleif that you can rent a spot and grow your mm! so i would have to say yea you can grow there, make it a locked room, like the law says, and dont tell anyone, make sure you put it in a room that the land lord wont have to get to plumbing of electrical, in case he has to do some repairs for you, or dont call him pay on time and make your own repairs to your rental, My c.g card has a p.o box on it, I dont have to grow where i live! but I do have to have a lease and a locked secure room, that only I have access to!

Hope this helps

Peace

FTW

Jim

Archived