Caregiver W/ Felony Drug Trafficking

Biff 123

here's the situation, i am lining up my patients and one of which has a felony drug trafficking charge from 7 years ago. I was planning on growing in his basement (i have kids at home and am keeping them in the dark about this). from what i've read he can get a patient card, but i am fuzzy on whether he can become a caregiver.

i dont want to waste time by applying to the state and 6 months later have them reject him, but it would help if he were the caregiver for a multitude of reasons.

any info would be appreciated.

thanks

Also needs to be in an enclosed locked facility that only the CG (or authorized patient) can access. If your friend is an authorized patient with you as CG then he cannot be in possession of plants- only you can.

Your friend CAN be a patient- but not a CG under the MMMA because of the conviction. If it has been 7 years he should be able to expunge?

Your friend CAN be a patient- but not a CG under the MMMA because of the conviction. If it has been 7 years he should be able to expunge?

Depends on if its just one case or multiple felonys i have two property crime felonys from 87-88 and i was told that multiple felonys cannot be expunged if i were missinformed id like a number for someone to help me with my case .

Depends on if its just one case or multiple felonys i have two property crime felonys from 87-88 and i was told that multiple felonys cannot be expunged if i were missinformed id like a number for someone to help me with my case .

far as i know u can have a grave yard under your belt on paper and still be a c/g or patient but NO drug felonies

obviously i am not a lawyer or judge :) but it is my understanding that an expungement is NEVER guaranteed. in the end, it is the sole discretion of the original sentencing court as to if your felony can/will be expunged or not. some felonies can never be expunged in some states.

this could be the case for you..... having multiples........ the court may not have seen fit to expunge ALL felonies on your record from that case.

i know that in ohio, if you are convicted of a crime that carries a MANDATORY jail/prison sentence, your felony can never be expunged regardless of the original crime.

in ohio, your 3nd D.U.I in a "so many" year period is a low class felony that carries a mandatory jail term and therefore can never be expunged. (my brother went through this)

You are entitled to one expungement in accordance with the law, excluding cause after completing all sentencing guidelines and waiting a minimum of five years. Multiples are another thing. You can file a petiton yourself as I did, fairly simple procedure. Just go to the court clerk and request a "petiton to set aside conviction", pretty self explanatory, though the filing fees may be much greater than the $35 it cost me in the early 90's.

here ya go KD :)

found info pertaining to you:

http://courts.michigan.gov/scao/selfhelp/intro/criminal/setaside_help.htm

Conditions for Applying

A person may apply to have a conviction set aside for any crime except: 1) a conviction of a felony or an attempted felony punishable by life imprisonment; 2) a violation or attempted violation of criminal sexual conduct under MCL 750.520c, MCL 750.520d, or MCL 750.520g; or 3) a traffic offense. A person who has had more than one conviction for any offense cannot apply. A person may have only one conviction set aside.

Archived