Carcinogen Warning

peanutbutter

Yesterday my wife asked if I would apply a insect repellent to our dogs.

I remembered that it had been being considered to remove these products from pet medical supplies.

The problem with them is that some of these products may give our pets cancer.

I refused to touch the container. I asked my wife to double check about these products having a potential to be carcinogenic.

She checked .. yes they have been identified as potential carcinogens.

I used by bare hands to apply these medicines in the past. The dogs nap on our bed. Then we sleep in the bed later.

I now have cancer. The dogs now have lots of bumps and lumps on them. "Tags" that were not there before are now common on the dogs.

Be careful folks. Please.

What was the product ??

Was just looking at the box.

Precautionary statements - hazards to humans & domestic animals - caution humans

Avoid contact with skin. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling.

No mention of gloves.

First aid:

If on skin or clothing * take off contaminated clothing. Rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15-20 minutes. Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.

Bio Spot http://www.biospotvictims.org/

You're both in our prayers, hope you don't mind.

You are also in my prayers PB...........

And, Thank You for the Info.......

I use these (not that brand) on my 3 dogs and 1 cat. And, I always HATE it. But, I figured it's better than them getting fleas, etc. I use one that protects against everything. Probably means it's even more dangerous.

Great........................

I'm sorry to hear that, peanutbutter. I hope you beat it with your own medicine.

Yeah .. got a good head start.

Although I have to admit, I enjoy being clear headed. Seems odd to see myself putting that out on line.

So I'm not completely happy about the idea of those kind of massive quantities of cannabis being packed into my body ..

Buutttt .. ya gotta do whacha gotta do.

Hi Pb and everyone else too, there are natural ways to combat fleas, tics, and other pests. I don't remember what they are but I know they exist. Nature is slow, so the best way is to use the remedies all the time, before you see any pests. Many of the household chemicals people use are also neurotoxins. In recommending any natural product, a non-physician can't even say, "recommend," or use words like "prevent" and, "treat" among other words. Don't get me on that soapbox, it doesn't belong in this thread anyway, so all I can say is in order to avoid having the pests, find something that can be used safely be used to fix the problem, make the environment uninviting to the pests, there are solutions that can be used if it's already too late, to get rid of them. Some are topical and some are dietary. Keeping an animal indoors helps, but if that's not possible, there are safe ways to handle it. I am NOT an expert in these matters, though I know a little about natural healing, from books and people.

I knew Pb was ill, if anyone's seen a post he made about a month ago I think it was, when he wrote a letter to some official he had met, he mentioned it in the letter he shared with us, noting that he was recently diagnosed with it.

Pb I wish you and your dogs will be healthy soon.

Sincerely, Sb

edited by Sb to include "recommend" as a forbidden word by non-physicians offering natural care. This is very important to me.

Archived