Police Were Merely Enforcing Drug Laws

Finely Mr. Bouchard has spoken up about the drug raids in Waterford and Ferndale. I recommend reading his article in the opinion section of The Oakland Press on September 28th. Feel free to bombard him with comments.

Can you put a link in your post so people can find the article.

Sorry.....I'm not an "Advanced" member yet.

No Problem mang, just helping you to become a "Advanced Member" (All that means is you post a lot...lol)

It just helps posting the story or a link to it so other people dont have to dig for it, I do appreciate you putting up some of the details, that really helped me in finding the story.

So, this human being Mr. Bouchard believes it is his duty to enforce drug laws. I am so sick of their lies. What a bold faced lie!! If they are so intent on upholding the laws of our land, then why are they not defending the US Constitution and our individual human rights? This is supposed to be the primary function of having a government, to protect each individual human being and our rights.

Just in case you forgot, you work for us, Mr. Bouchard, Ms. Cooper. and all similar rogue regimes. This law of the land is supposed to protect each individual human being from tyranny and oppression being perpetrated on individual humans, even when it is the government that is doing the harm against individual humans and our rights. How many times must we remind them of their sworn duty, to uphold and defend our individual human rights?

Mr. Bouchard, Ms. Cooper, and other elected and non-elected officials, please, stop interjecting your opinions on others and enforcing your beliefs on humans without our consent (tyranny). You have no authority over other humans unless it is agreed that you should have that authority, but abuse is cause for dismissal. Please, seek to gain some facts and some compassion before you decide to rule over humans without our consent. You are only causing harm grief, corruption, mistrust, fear, and anger to be fermented by the people because of the actions of our rogue government leaders. How many times must we ask you to do our bidding, not the other way around? What will it take for you to gain compassion for your fellow human beings and give up your tyrannical desires? Is it even possible? Time will tell...

So, this human being Mr. Bouchard believes it is his duty to enforce drug laws. I am so sick of their lies. What a bold faced lie!! If they are so intent on upholding the laws of our land, then why are they not defending the US Constitution and our individual human rights? This is supposed to be the primary function of having a government, to protect each individual human being and our rights.

Just in case you forgot, you work for us, Mr. Bouchard, Ms. Cooper. and all similar rogue regimes. This law of the land is supposed to protect each individual human being from tyranny and oppression being perpetrated on individual humans, even when it is the government that is doing the harm against individual humans and our rights. How many times must we remind them of their sworn duty, to uphold and defend our individual human rights?

Mr. Bouchard, Ms. Cooper, and other elected and non-elected officials, please, stop interjecting your opinions on others and enforcing your beliefs on humans without our consent (tyranny). You have no authority over other humans unless it is agreed that you should have that authority, but abuse is cause for dismissal. Please, seek to gain some facts and some compassion before you decide to rule over humans without our consent. You are only causing harm grief, corruption, mistrust, fear, and anger to be fermented by the people because of the actions of our rogue government leaders. How many times must we ask you to do our bidding, not the other way around? What will it take for you to gain compassion for your fellow human beings and give up your tyrannical desires? Is it even possible? Time will tell...

We all agree with you on this site. Why not post this on the comments of the Oakland Press so Mr. Bouchard can read out opinions. Don't you think that narcistic gentleman will be reading comments to his article today???

We all agree with you on this site. Why not post this on the comments of the Oakland Press so Mr. Bouchard can read out opinions. Don't you think that narcistic gentleman will be reading comments to his article today???

Lots of LEOS on this site all the time, with Bouchard's folks also I assume. Do you really think Bouchard cares what we think? Just sayin...

Lots of LEOS on this site all the time, with Bouchard's folks also I assume. Do you really think Bouchard cares what we think? Just sayin...

He already knows what we think, thats why he isn't going to be governor ;)

And that is why he is so mad! He claims the law is vague, so which part of the vagueness is he trying to uphold as a legitimate sheriff?

Under no circumstances should someone's civil liberties be infringed upon just because they are suspected to be an illegitimate patient..

He has a few valid points:

1. Dispensaries are not allowed. There is no law to protect them.

2. There are illegitimate patients who have a card just to get high..

The only possibility I see that would make a dispensary LEGAL would be if caregivers ran it and only dealt with thier own patients!

Each caregiver can have 5 patients, there is no set limit to how many caregivers work at the same business!

If 10 caregivers work at the same business then they would be able to care for a total of 50 patients.. BUT each caregiver is locked into just their own patients.

If a caregiver deals with another caregiver's patient or handles his meds that is a violation of what is written so far..

Thats my view on dispensaries.. Like it or not..

And that is why he is so mad! He claims the law is vague, so which part of the vagueness is he trying to uphold as a legitimate sheriff?

Under no circumstances should someone's civil liberties be infringed upon just because they are suspected to be an illegitimate patient..

The only possibility I see that would make a dispensary LEGAL would be if caregivers ran it and only dealt with thier own patients!

Each caregiver can have 5 patients, there is no set limit to how many caregivers work at the same business!

If 10 caregivers work at the same business then they would be able to care for a total of 50 patients.. BUT each caregiver is locked into just their own patients.

If a caregiver deals with another caregiver's patient or handles his meds that is a violation of what is written so far..

man did you just open up a can of worms with this...lol...i'll bet you hear from more than a few,that will disagree with what you've said..many here feel that because Disp.are not excluded from the law,that they are legal.i happen to agree with you,i never understood how Disp.were legal,but those with bigger dreams are trying it anyway,and are unfortunately paying a high price for it..i think that caregivers will and are paying a price for the exposure the Disps. have brought to the public,,i wonder how many of these new city ords.would have been put in place if it was only caregivers working from their homes and not a Disp.on the corner....peace all...zzb

I disagree with the two points listed.

There is no place where dispensaries have been made illegal. They don't need to have a law that specifically makes them legal as they have never been outlawed to begin with.

There are probably some persons that get a card just to get high. But that isn't something that your cop on the street is supposed to judge. That determination is in the hands of a regulatory agency in Lansing.

Each CG would have to be a Patient also.

Transfers are covered as "medical use." As long as the patient remembers to compensate their caregiver for the, "... costs associated with assisting a registered qualifying patient in the medical use of marihuana. Any such compensation shall not constitute the sale of controlled substances."

Perhaps some agreement of temporary agency status needs to be granted to the CG/P/Co-op members. While acting in agency status a CG may transfer to any patient in the active membership, thereby allowing the patient to purchase medication whether their own CG was present or not. Might need bar codes or smart cards, some sort of tracking... I dunno.

the government is a system of legalized crime

You would think if he had issues with the appearance and lack of pictures on the cards, he'd go to mdch about it instead of using it as more fodder for his excuse to persecute and prosecute innocent patients. And why does he think its suddenly up to anybody but an individuals' doctor to decide what constitutes a need for medical marijuana. A "sore shoulder" could be rheumatoid arthritis, bursitis, a torn rotator cuff, hell, even cancer (that's EXACTLY where they discovered my dad's adenocarcinoma-smack dab between his shoulder bone and muscle). An "upset stomach" could be IBS, Crohn's (which, correct me if I'm wrong, is SPECIFICALLY mentioned in the mmj act), complications from HIV/AIDS, and again, it could be cancer. Sure, some people go to one of those fly-by-night certification centers for nothing more than a headache for the sake of a legal buzz, but to assume that that is the rule rather than the exception is bullshiz. Bouchard needs to pull his head out of his butt, admit defeat, and walk away with the iota of a shred of dignity he MAY have left after the next election is over. If he thinks he's winning any popularity contests (aka election for public office) acting like such a bafoon, he's a bigger idiot that I thought.

and a 5-year-old was listed by a caregiver as a patient, allowing him 12 marijuana plants

No mention of the child's ailment(have a idea who). Where did he get this information? Was it obtained with a subpoena? I doubt it! Hearsay, maybe, illegally obtained med records!

Patient to Patient transfers are legal, please read the law a few more times stoner.

Yes, but that is not the part of the "law" that I am referring to..

The law says a caregiver can have 5 patients, not unlimited patients by dealing through a dispensary...

A "loop-hole" would be if the caregiver is a patient him/herself and makes a transaction to another patient.

Think about it.. If the cops were to watch one caregiver who is selling to more than 5 different people, what do you think they would do?

Would they be justified to raid that caregiver since they flat out watched him sell to 10 different people?

Finding such loop-holes just to make some cash is abuse of the system..

If you are a patient who can not grow their own then designate a caregiver..

If your caregiver fails to keep up with your demand then find a better caregiver..

Those are the only ABSOLUTES that I see in the law..

Nowhere does it mention dispensaries or caregivers selling to more than 5 patients..

Do as you want, but you could possibly end up one of the "victims" of robbery..

The more people who try to find loop holes to abuse the system are screwing it up for everyone else..

This program is NOT supposed to be about making money..

I see more greed out there than real compassion!

Yes, but that is not the part of the "law" that I am referring to..

The law says a caregiver can have 5 patients, not unlimited patients by dealing through a dispensary...

A "loop-hole" would be if the caregiver is a patient him/herself and makes a transaction to another patient.

Think about it.. If the cops were to watch one caregiver who is selling to more than 5 different people, what do you think they would do?

Would they be justified to raid that caregiver since they flat out watched him sell to 10 different people?

Finding such loop-holes just to make some cash is abuse of the system..

If you are a patient who can not grow their own then designate a caregiver..

If your caregiver fails to keep up with your demand then find a better caregiver..

Those are the only ABSOLUTES that I see in the law..

Nowhere does it mention dispensaries or caregivers selling to more than 5 patients..

Do as you want, but you could possibly end up one of the "victims" of robbery..

The more people who try to find loop holes to abuse the system are screwing it up for everyone else..

This program is NOT supposed to be about making money..

I see more greed out there than real compassion!

You answered the question, are Dispensary legal ?

You obviously have a problem with free trade, why should anyone make a profit off of food, we all need food to live.

Your screen name doesn't help the cause and will be used against us in the long run. Who's side are you on anyways ???

I really don't have time to argue with a Stoner right now, obviously their are better places to help the MM cause.

Good Luck with whatever your agenda is, the People will win this war in the long run.

It does concern me greatly to read some of the names on here and some other things I've read, though many with those kind of names do write good posts. This is a public board for MEDICAL Mj, and they who oppose MM ARE watching us. I'm considering removing the leaf from my guitar pic, though I worked hard on it and it was a fun project, it may give the wrong idea. This issue is more serious than people realize, on both sides. Our rights are being violated, and their perceptions of us still cause us harm. I WISH WE COULD ALL SIT DOWN AND TALK FACE TO FACE IN A CIVILIZED MANNER (IF that's possible for them), but we have to hold our anger too and be diplomatic, easier said than done BUT, some might listen, if only they could put their prejudice aside long enough to CONSIDER the REAL FACTS, they've been conditioned to believe the worst and they seem incapable of seeing things any other way. It's hard to reason with those types, so the we must vote them out. I also believe this is a power grab, it's easy, and they don't care about anything but how far they can go. They're SO SURE THEY'RE RIGHT, but perhaps one day something will happen like this: They will get a horrible illness and when nothing else works they MIGHT consider MM but a LOT will die, just like the cop who hated the idea of it so much, he'd never use it and died of cancer. Let them suffer a long, painful illness.

Sb

You answered the question, are Dispensary legal ?

You obviously have a problem with free trade, why should anyone make a profit off of food, we all need food to live.

Your screen name doesn't help the cause and will be used against us in the long run. Who's side are you on anyways ???

I really don't have time to argue with a Stoner right now, obviously their are better places to help the MM cause.

Good Luck with whatever your agenda is, the People will win this war in the long run.

so you think people should be allowed to abuse the system correct?

the best way anyone could help the MM cause is to follow the law.. not push the law because you think it MIGHT be covered in the act..

the system was not setup to make people money.. it was setup for patients to be able to medicate, not to line pockets!

you obviously want marijuana outright legalized but that is not the topic here..

what side am i on? i am on the side with the patients, not on the side of those who wish to buy a new cadillac escalade!

Archived