Obama Still Not Sticking To His Word

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

obama is a joke. the political system in this country - also a joke. obama is the perfect example of what you can do when a political candidate has been marketed well.

there is no true difference in what the outcome will be with a democrat or republican. the 2 party system in this country simply exists to give us the impression we are making a "choice". all these guys are buddies behind the scenes, and all work for the same people who are drunk on money and power.

"Donkey puppet has the same hand up his a$$ as the elephant puppet."

Obama has done more for our community than ANY president in our collective lifetimes.

Obama is not responsible for ANY of the raids that have happened in our community.

These raids were orchestrated by local law enforcement who do NOT have to abide by the directive he issued to federal prosecutors regarding them not spend their time dealing with medical marijuana issues in states whose laws approve the use of our drug of choice.

Stop the insanity.

Mizerman

Obama has done more for our community than ANY president in our collective lifetimes.

Obama is not responsible for ANY of the raids that have happened in our community.

These raids were orchestrated by local law enforcement who do NOT have to abide by the directive he issued to federal prosecutors regarding them not spend their time dealing with medical marijuana issues in states whose laws approve the use of our drug of choice.

Stop the insanity.

Mizerman

where are all the white hats when we need one the most?

Stop the insanity.

Mizerman

Yes, to say Obama isn't sticking to his word is a bit disingenuous. Where I come from someone's word is their promise. Obama didn't promise to do anything regarding MM. What he did do was issue an executive order telling the Justice Dept. to NOT make it a priority as long as state laws are followed very closely. That means doing something like running a dispensary that is a gray area under state law puts you on the radar. The DEA and other federal police have discretion in conducting their business and to expect Obama to micro-manage is a little unrealistic. Furthermore, deciding whether certain busts were considered a priority or not is anyone's guess. The fact is if the chief of police tells his officers to not make speeding under 5 mph a priority then they shouldn't. But that isn't the same thing as telling them do NOT ticket people for going 5 or fewer miles over the speed limit. I think that if you see the DEA bust a cg for no other reason than that they were growing for pts legitimately under state law then you have a legitimate complaint.

And yes I know I'll take hell over this but you have to understand the precarious position the president is in politically. I'm sure he has enormous pressures from everyone including his own party to not unilaterally override federal law by saying don't enforce it. We have separation of powers for a reason and the executive branch should respect the legislative branch. People act like this whole thing should be easy as pie. What happens when the president oversteps his boundries and tells the justice dept to ignore federal law in this regard and then 2 years from now he tells them to ignore federal law regarding something that YOU don't think it should be ignored for? It shouldn't be all on his shoulders. People are barkng up the wrong tree. Tell your state senators to change federal law and then we wouldn't have this issue to begin with.

Keep drinking the kool-aid you two! Obama and his admin. ARE responsible for ALL OF THIS. OUR RIGHTS which were written under FEDERAL law are being violated EVERY SINGLE DAY even if it is local LEO. There is no one more responsible than our president.

I think at one time in this world, EVERYONES word was their promise, but now, the easiest thing in the world is to say one thing and do the exact opposite. Our president could give two SHlTs about all of us. That's why these busts are going to continue to happen until our so called president speaks up to congress or the senate or whoever the hell he has to speak up to to put a cease on the raids on medical patients.

And the whole thing about democrat and republican is exactly what Jason said. It doesnt matter which party you vote for, there is a grander plan that they both have that they must follow, and that plan is to destroy this country as much as they can.

Yes, to say Obama isn't sticking to his word is a bit disingenuous. Where I come from someone's word is their promise. Obama didn't promise to do anything regarding MM. What he did do was issue an executive order telling the Justice Dept. to NOT make it a priority as long as state laws are followed very closely. That means doing something like running a dispensary that is a gray area under state law puts you on the radar. The DEA and other federal police have discretion in conducting their business and to expect Obama to micro-manage is a little unrealistic. Furthermore, deciding whether certain busts were considered a priority or not is anyone's guess. The fact is if the chief of police tells his officers to not make speeding under 5 mph a priority then they shouldn't. But that isn't the same thing as telling them do NOT ticket people for going 5 or fewer miles over the speed limit. I think that if you see the DEA bust a cg for no other reason than that they were growing for pts legitimately under state law then you have a legitimate complaint.

And yes I know I'll take hell over this but you have to understand the precarious position the president is in politically. I'm sure he has enormous pressures from everyone including his own party to not unilaterally override federal law by saying don't enforce it. We have separation of powers for a reason and the executive branch should respect the legislative branch. People act like this whole thing should be easy as pie. What happens when the president oversteps his boundries and tells the justice dept to ignore federal law in this regard and then 2 years from now he tells them to ignore federal law regarding something that YOU don't think it should be ignored for? It shouldn't be all on his shoulders. People are barkng up the wrong tree. Tell your state senators to change federal law and then we wouldn't have this issue to begin with.

Finally, someone who understands exactly what Obama did.

Thank you!

Mizerman

Keep drinking the kool-aid you two! Obama and his admin. ARE responsible for ALL OF THIS. OUR RIGHTS which were written under FEDERAL law are being violated EVERY SINGLE DAY even if it is local LEO. There is no one more responsible than our president.

I think at one time in this world, EVERYONES word was their promise, but now, the easiest thing in the world is to say one thing and do the exact opposite. Our president could give two SHlTs about all of us. That's why these busts are going to continue to happen until our so called president speaks up to congress or the senate or whoever the hell he has to speak up to to put a cease on the raids on medical patients.

And the whole thing about democrat and republican is exactly what Jason said. It doesnt matter which party you vote for, there is a grander plan that they both have that they must follow, and that plan is to destroy this country as much as they can.

Not trying to start a fight with you - just asking you to take a few minutes and look up and see exactly what was written into the directive he sent to federal prosecutors.

NOTHING can be done by him as far as what the local goon squads are doing in Oakland County.

If you want to stop Sheriff Bouchard, Oakland County Prosecutor Jessica Cooper, and Oakland County Executive L. Brooks Patterson then they need to be voted out of office.

Or, get our law more clearly defined through the court systems and/or state legislature.

Anything other than that is just a bunch of mindless dribble.

Mizerman

Obama Administration Not Publicizing Pot Raids

:thumbsd: obamas just another crooked politician. :growl:

Please show me the proof of who, when, and where here in Michigan the DEA went after people here with patient/caregiver cards who weren't doing anything outside the scope of our law.

And, show me the case where either the U.S. Attorney for either the southern or northern district has been involved in a case involving medical marijuana.

Please share that info with me. I'd love to see it and access it on-line.

Thanks!

Mizerman

p.s. feel free and PM me the info - if I don't hear from you it's safe to say you are completely full of cow dung

What happens when the president oversteps his boundries and tells the justice dept to ignore federal law in this regard and then 2 years from now he tells them to ignore federal law regarding something that YOU don't think it should be ignored for?

You mean like ILLEGAL immigration? ;)

As for the list of "unpromises":

GITMO

Afghanistan

Kind of a wishy washy recent move on Dont ask dont tell

NO TAXES ON ANYBODY MAKING UNDER $200k a year... Anybody else remember that nice little tobacco tax hike? I think that one hit the middle class and poor harder than anybody else...

No Lobbyists

Transparency

and so on and so on...

Just sayin...

You mean like ILLEGAL immigration? ;)

As for the list of "unpromises":

GITMO

Afghanistan

Kind of a wishy washy recent move on Dont ask dont tell

NO TAXES ON ANYBODY MAKING UNDER $200k a year... Anybody else remember that nice little tobacco tax hike? I think that one hit the middle class and poor harder than anybody else...

No Lobbyists

Transparency

and so on and so on...

Just sayin...

I wish the tobacco tax was $100 a pack.

Just sayin...

Go watch someone you love die from lung cancer and you'll change your tune on smoking cigarrettes.

Change to a vaporizer. My friend Willie Nelson did and if it's good enough for Willie...it's good enough for me.

Wasn't this a thread about Obama and raids on medical marijuana? Want to put what he did - issuing a directive to federal prosecutors - vs what any other president has done for the medical marijuana community and you're simply losing this argument my friend.

Again, show me the case where the DEA was involved - and - where the U.S. Attorney's office for either the southern district or northern district was involved in prosecuting anyone after he issued the directive to those federal attorneys who were not violating our medical marijuana law here in Michigan. You can't - because there isn't such a case.

Hurry up and get ready for your next Tea Party rally...

LMAO!

This is so funny to me.

Mizerman

I wish the tobacco tax was $100 a pack.

Just sayin...

Go watch someone you love die from lung cancer and you'll change your tune on smoking cigarrettes.

Change to a vaporizer. My friend Willie Nelson did and if it's good enough for Willie...it's good enough for me.

Regulating behavior by tax or by fiat should not be tolerated in this country. Have you talked to any of the local bar and grill owners about business lately? Guess how those small businesses feel about the smoking ban, and what it has done to their bottom line.

Note I write this because of the similarity of the 2 issues. It is also an example of why I do not want a tax placed on medical marijuana. Once it is allowed to be taxed, it will always be the first item to receive a tax hike, also hikes will be used by prohibitionists to tax and regulate it back out of the hands of the people. Just picture a nice $500 per ounce tax...

And I would have to agree with the part about Willy....

Regulating behavior by tax or by fiat should not be tolerated in this country. Have you talked to any of the local bar and grill owners about business lately? Guess how those small businesses feel about the smoking ban, and what it has done to their bottom line.

Note I write this because of the similarity of the 2 issues. It is also an example of why I do not want a tax placed on medical marijuana. Once it is allowed to be taxed, it will always be the first item to receive a tax hike, also hikes will be used by prohibitionists to tax and regulate it back out of the hands of the people. Just picture a nice $500 per ounce tax...

And I would have to agree with the part about Willy....

I know several bar owners who are quite happy about no more smoking and they are smokers!

Plus, they had the best summer business they've had in the last 5 years.

Buiness is not down because people can't smoke - if anything - more people come in and they spend more money. The smokers simply have to go outside like the rest of us who go outside for our herbal enjoyment. People breathe cleaner air - your clothes don't smell like crap when you come home. It's a win-win for everyone.

And, for those of you so worried about taxes going up. The majority of people who die each year from lung cancer are either on MediCaid or MediCare - that is a fact. And, those costs are enormous and unsustainable in the long run.

I think the POTUS has the privilege of pardon, he could write one that pardoned any and all medical marijuana users across the country. He is also the chief executive officer and has the power of executive order, he could clarify his stance very easily on the matter of mJ or mmj and DEA or federal prosecutor acceptable targets.

For a civil rights organizer, he surely seems to have forgotten about those root issues that helped get him elected by people in that movement. Just observations..

I know several bar owners who are quite happy about no more smoking and they are smokers!

Plus, they had the best summer business they've had in the last 5 years.

Buiness is not down because people can't smoke - if anything - more people come in and they spend more money. The smokers simply have to go outside like the rest of us who go outside for our herbal enjoyment. People breathe cleaner air - your clothes don't smell like crap when you come home. It's a win-win for everyone.

And, for those of you so worried about taxes going up. The majority of people who die each year from lung cancer are either on MediCaid or MediCare - that is a fact. And, those costs are enormous and unsustainable in the long run.

As the weather gets back to Michigan's finest ;) people are going to be a lot less interested in standing outside to freeze their rears off.

I do enjoy your strawman arguments though. Again you miss the point, IF we allow the government to regulate behavior through "sin taxes" or other less than direct ways, we should expect them to do it on ANY thing they deem to be a sin.

As the weather gets back to Michigan's finest ;) people are going to be a lot less interested in standing outside to freeze their rears off.

I do enjoy your strawman arguments though. Again you miss the point, IF we allow the government to regulate behavior through "sin taxes" or other less than direct ways, we should expect them to do it on ANY thing they deem to be a sin.

You neglect a HUGE issue in regard to cigarette taxes. That is the cost of healthcare. A sin tax SHOULD exist if for no other reason than to help lower healthcare costs. The fact of the matter is that because YOU choose to smoke then I have to pay for it through higher healthcare premiums. Why should I have to help bear the burden of smokers and healthcare? That is the same argument in regard to seatbelts and motorcycle helmets. When people disregard these things then their healthcare burden is spread amongst us all. I think we should tax all "sin" for the benefit of EVERYONE who uses the healthcare system. That includes fast food, sugary drinks, etc. When you're a lousy driver your auto premiums go up. When you smoke your life insurance premiums go up. But work for GM and smoke like a chimney your healthcare costs are untouched. The risk is spread among every other policy holder. Now, that's fine because that is the way the insurance system works but I see nothing wrong with taxing something that causes me to have to pay for your sins.

Republicans are quick to tinkle and moan that the government is trying to control us by taxing cigarettes and hurting businesses by disallowing smoking in them. However, what about the smoker's control of how much $ comes out of MY pocket to pay for your lung cancer, emphysema, etc.? Talk about a straw man argument....

Again, show me the case where the DEA was involved - and - where the U.S. Attorney's office for either the southern district or northern district was involved in prosecuting anyone after he issued the directive to those federal attorneys who were not violating our medical marijuana law here in Michigan. You can't - because there isn't such a case.

I am not trying to be argumentative, but weren't some of the raids in Saginaw perpetrated by the DEA?

You neglect a HUGE issue in regard to cigarette taxes. That is the cost of healthcare. A sin tax SHOULD exist if for no other reason than to help lower healthcare costs. The fact of the matter is that because YOU choose to smoke then I have to pay for it through higher healthcare premiums. Why should I have to help bear the burden of smokers and healthcare? That is the same argument in regard to seatbelts and motorcycle helmets. When people disregard these things then their healthcare burden is spread amongst us all. I think we should tax all "sin" for the benefit of EVERYONE who uses the healthcare system. That includes fast food, sugary drinks, etc. When you're a lousy driver your auto premiums go up. When you smoke your life insurance premiums go up. But work for GM and smoke like a chimney your healthcare costs are untouched. The risk is spread among every other policy holder. Now, that's fine because that is the way the insurance system works but I see nothing wrong with taxing something that causes me to have to pay for your sins.

Republicans are quick to tinkle and moan that the government is trying to control us by taxing cigarettes and hurting businesses by disallowing smoking in them. However, what about the smoker's control of how much $ comes out of MY pocket to pay for your lung cancer, emphysema, etc.? Talk about a straw man argument....

See you jumped to a conclusion that I smoke. whether or not that is correct, doesn't even matter. Your same logic should then apply to anything that will push insurance premiums higher, such as the foods some folks eat, not exercising, taking over the counter meds (you know the type that damage your liver and kidneys), all of those things are choices that will effect the cost of a particular insurance pool. darn actuaries.

IT IS NOT THE GOVERNMENT'S JOB, to regulate behaviors via taxes. BTW, how much of that money collected by these sin taxes actually goes to reducing the cost to you the only person paying for the sins of others? ;)

Too many people are focused on how to get better health care or free health care because they want to continue living their lives as unhealthy people. They want to know that there is some sort of poisonous medication or medical procedure out there to "save" their lives when they become very sick. More people should be focusing on how to live healthier so that sickness and disease can decrease.

I know that was off topic but I thought I'd chime in on the fact that SO MANY AMERICANS are focusing on STAYING UNHEALTHY instead of focusing and becoming healthier

Guest Marywanna

You cannot critisize the Annointed one here. If you say anything other than the guy is God you will be attacked personally and bad-mouthed to other members. Apparently only liberal progressives are the only ones that may voice their opinion on this site. And if you even mention a Tea Party or a different point of view,you will get hate emails. Tolerance does not exist for these people. All they care about is their how the Govt will take care of them,while sucking dry the taxpayers,the few people that still have jobs. And you sure are right about focusing on staying un-healthy. Losing weight or stopping smoking cigs can ease the burden of diabetes and many other diseases we bring on ourselves. Welfare is a way of life for some people,they don't feel guilty at all that they are taking $ out of the working guys paycheck. And before the flamers come out to roast me,I'll trade bodies with ya.Then you can live with what I live with everyday.

See you jumped to a conclusion that I smoke. whether or not that is correct, doesn't even matter. Your same logic should then apply to anything that will push insurance premiums higher, such as the foods some folks eat, not exercising, taking over the counter meds (you know the type that damage your liver and kidneys), all of those things are choices that will effect the cost of a particular insurance pool. darn actuaries.

IT IS NOT THE GOVERNMENT'S JOB, to regulate behaviors via taxes. BTW, how much of that money collected by these sin taxes actually goes to reducing the cost to you the only person paying for the sins of others? ;)

The term "you" was used in general terms and not meant to imply that you personally smoke. Whether you do is not relevant to the discussion.

The difference between over-the-counter meds and cigarettes is what? Cigarettes do nothing for your health whereas meds help eliminate or ease conditions. Your argument holds no water. Taxing somethng that hurts health is an easy no-brainer. Should junk food be taxed? Yes. Should milk or anything else with at least a decent balance of protein, fat, and calcium, etc? No. The fact is it would be very difficult to decide on some foods but taxing a certain class of foods such as pop and candy would be easy.

As for your question, the $ collected for sin taxes doesn't need to go to reducing the cost I pay for others. It would happen naturally through the market. Cigarettes are taxed-so people buy less-so fewer people are affected by smoking related ailments-so fewer people end up with lung cancer-so insurance companies cover fewer cases of lung cancer-so premiums go down. Follow the logic...

It's laughable that the same people that are against sin taxes are also against national healthcare to give more people access to healthcare. You don't want to drive the cost of healthcare down and you don't want a national healthcare plan to give access to healthcare.

So you are basically saying that you want to give our corrupt govt MORE control over us people? Who they hell are they to be able to decide what we should and shouldnt eat?!?! If they want to put a sin tax on our food and drinks, whether or not it is healthy for us, i want to put a sin tax on all the money that they steal from us through other anti-constitution taxes.

And do you really think that there is a tax on cigarettes so that less people smoke? WOW, please do not take this personal, but that may be the most BLIND statement Ive ever heard. THEY TAX CIGARETTES BECAUSE THERE ARE SO MANY ADDICTED PEOPLE THUS THERE ARE BILLIONS SPENT ON CIGARETTES.

In today's times, people live their lives full of sin, especially through things we consume and activities we engage in. If you think that a sin tax is necessary, then our govt should apply it to condoms because sex before marriage is a sin under GOD'S law.

And in regards to national healthcare, it is designed to keep us in debt and keep us ill. The majority of prescription drugs do NOT cure, they only mask the illness just enough so that you or I can continue to take pills for years to come. If you are pro-national healthcare, check out this link: http://blacklistednews.com/Obama-health-care-reform-imposes-3.8%25-tax-on-all-income-from-home-sales-and-home-rental-income/10750/0/13/13/Y/M.html

I know it's only one person's writing, but he makes many good points.

I would also like to clarify my reason for writing in caps. I am not trying to yell at anyone, i just want to get my point across. :D Have a healthy and happy day!

Guest Marywanna

Al Gore Sr made his fortune off tobacco. But thats okay,right? Because only horrible Republicans are rich. The Kennedys are not,Warren Buffet,Bubba Clinton and his wife,every liberal Hollywood type, on and on. Abraham Lincoln was a Republican. That evil nasty man freed the slaves. Gov George Wallace said "Segregation now and segregation forever". He was a Democrat. What about fat people? Just because you want to eat like a slob, get ill as a result of obesity,and are one of the USAs biggest health problems,why should I have to pay for you? Same thing for smokers and drinkers.Your choices are your own,don't blame it on everybody else.

Archived