Taking Advantage Of The Situation

My prayers go out to all the patients who actually need our meds!

But to those who are taking advantage of a suffering patient by funding your car note at their expense should be ashamed of themselves.

Not only is that morally wrong, but it puts them in the same category they were in before all this started - a drug dealer.

Some will say that the prices are so high because the person buying could just turn around and sell it on the street to make a profit..

Isn't that what a lot of people do with prescription pain meds? The pharmacy doesn't adjust their price to compete with street prices.. You are doing it to fill your pockets as much as possible!

They call it "helping a patient" but they are only helping themselves to a patients wallet..

Only those who are truly evil should take offense to this post.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I don't consider myself evil, but I do take offense at this post and others like it. Why it is seen as morally repugnant to earn a living by helping those in need and why does this standard only apply to medical marijuana caregivers?

Should a doctor be reprimanded for charging for his services?

How about those who work in social services?

Should grocers and farmers not be able to make a reasonable living? After all, people NEED food.

I fully agree that a caregiver should probably not be driving around a new Bentley paid for on the backs of their 5 patients. But it is unreasonable to ask caregivers to take on the risks and responsibility of providing medicine for a patient without compensating them appropriately...and who are you or I to decide what is appropriate? To many, even the least fortunate of us Americans is blessed with material wealth, so should we all be expected to provide our labors for free?

My prayers go out to all the patients who actually need our meds!

But to those who are taking advantage of a suffering patient by funding your car note at their expense should be ashamed of themselves.

Not only is that morally wrong, but it puts them in the same category they were in before all this started - a drug dealer.

Some will say that the prices are so high because the person buying could just turn around and sell it on the street to make a profit..

Isn't that what a lot of people do with prescription pain meds? The pharmacy doesn't adjust their price to compete with street prices.. You are doing it to fill your pockets as much as possible!

They call it "helping a patient" but they are only helping themselves to a patients wallet..

Only those who are truly evil should take offense to this post.

this guy is clearly only thinking about himself. He has no idea how much time, effort, risk goes into growing his precious meds. These growers deserve a lot more then a nice car

Well, I don't consider myself evil, but I do take offense at this post and others like it. Why it is seen as morally repugnant to earn a living by helping those in need and why does this standard only apply to medical marijuana caregivers?

Should a doctor be reprimanded for charging for his services?

How about those who work in social services?

Should grocers and farmers not be able to make a reasonable living? After all, people NEED food.

I fully agree that a caregiver should probably not be driving around a new Bentley paid for on the backs of their 5 patients. But it is unreasonable to ask caregivers to take on the risks and responsibility of providing medicine for a patient without compensating them appropriately...and who are you or I to decide what is appropriate? To many, even the least fortunate of us Americans is blessed with material wealth, so should we all be expected to provide our labors for free?

Ya beat me to it ..

i grow 24 hours a day. literally.

when i have spare time i eat or see my family. sometimes i log on here to the MMMA site and help other people grow.

if i happen to get an extra minute on any given day i sleep.

yup, sounds just like a surgeon/doctor to me.

they make half a million a year........

i went to college too? i have 15 years experience?

if you want to volunteer, feed the homeless.

if you want to volunteer/ be a compassionate person and help someone in need, grow 12 plants and let them have it at your cost. volunteer your time for the cause.

anything more becomes a job. just like that surgeon. he does a few freebies throughout the course of a year im sure. i give away a few free ounces throughout the course of a year.

im failing to see where you are coming from?

there are MILLIONS of people who spend upwards of $1,000 per month on prescription meds. you ever met an epileptic person? ask them what their monthly supply of keppra costs them. thats just ONE MED.

imagine being a diabetic person with epilepsy and high blood pressure? wowzers man...... millions in health care right there.

is it right for a caregiver to be charging $300-400/oz? heck no.

BUT, some will argue that opinion..... AND THEY HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO :)

time is priceless.

i grow 24 hours a day. literally.

when i have spare time i eat or see my family.

LMFAO... yea.. caring for a weed is a full time job..

Even a cheap setup only needs to be looked after every few days.. Hydro setups can go a week easy without needing to check on them!

Or wait, you probably pedal a bike to generate power for your lights right?

or maybe you have to hold your light up cuz u dont have it mounted?

Lets see.. even with a dirt grow here is a daily checklist:

check if the plants need water - 20 seconds of time per plant..

water plants - can take 3-5 mins per plant..

check pH - takes a minute

prune if needed - less than a minute per plant if u actually do it daily!

so, how much time do you REALLY spend growing?

Good debate. Its a pain in the bunny muffin to babysit plants 24/7 . i do know that. Having a caregiver gives me lots less sleepless nights. Even after LEO raided me after the raid that was the best nights sleep i had gotten in months. So now im back to sleepless nights the girls take alot of attention. Cant imagin having 5 patients

Plus if its so easy a caveman can do it I say go for it. Bet theres no stress at all with growing a simple weed

You are insulting and uninformed.. Who puts the nutrients in the water? Who hauls the water? Who sprays the leaves? who rotates the plants? This is just bull and we should not respond with anything more than laughter.. ALL patients i know have more information and respect than this poster..

You are insulting and uninformed.. Who puts the nutrients in the water? Who hauls the water? Who sprays the leaves? who rotates the plants? This is just bull and we should not respond with anything more than laughter.. ALL patients i know have more information and respect than this poster..

have more respect for what? their pockets being full of money?

LMFAO

ANYONE who claims that caring for even 60 plants as "full-time" work is joking themselves..

Like I said above though.. Those who take insult to this are those who are only in it for the money, not even for medical reasons..

you can compare the price of these meds to any other meds if u want.. or u can even compare these meds to the price of an airplane..

that does not make charging $20 a gram or $400 an oz right.. just greedy!

if a patient were to consume 2oz's a month at $400 each, you would make $800 off one patient each and every month! multiply that by 5 patients and you got $4000 a month to care for some marijuana plants..

Nothing less than a street dealer at that point..

I feel for the patients who are stuck paying that price..

Guess ive been lucky . Been buying oz's for a year and a half now going rate i see is 10 a gram 250 a oz. And not been disapointed either i might say these people i work with take pride in what they do. Dont feel ripped off at all

JMHO

I just wont pay 400 a Z or 20 a gram i know where to go do your homework. Plus i might add that when I had a caregiver he gave me an Z a month and then i would buy one at 250. Two oz's of prime buds do the math sounds like a deal to me

LMFAO... yea.. caring for a weed is a full time job..

Even a cheap setup only needs to be looked after every few days.. Hydro setups can go a week easy without needing to check on them!

Or wait, you probably pedal a bike to generate power for your lights right?

or maybe you have to hold your light up cuz u dont have it mounted?

Lets see.. even with a dirt grow here is a daily checklist:

check if the plants need water - 20 seconds of time per plant..

water plants - can take 3-5 mins per plant..

check pH - takes a minute

prune if needed - less than a minute per plant if u actually do it daily!

Well, your time study is way off, but I'm sure some one else will nit pick it.

The other thing to consider in the cost of Michigan Medical Marijuana is the labor and resources that are being put into it.

Most consumers in America have no idea why the products they consume cost what they cost. How can they sell that stuff so cheap, people sometime wonder.

Slave, forced, and illegal labor, poor environmental practices, no personal protective equipment for workers, etc is how we get cheap products and food from iPods to lettuce from around the globe to within our own boarders.

Genuine Michigan Medical Marijuana is grown in the state of Michigan, by Michigan citizens using Michigan resources.

Michigan growers can't leverage globalization like our friends in the auto industry or pharma industry to drive down costs, and that's by law.

Thus far I haven't heard of any slave or child labor used in Michigan Medical grows, or environmental catastrophes being caused.

Now, if they drive through the industrialization of MMJ we surely will be hearing of labor issues and environmental "accidents" at the "properly managed industrial sites".

Oh yeah, and I'm sure those friendly industrialists will lower the price point of MMJ for their patients as the economies of scale kick in, just like big Pharma does today for their patients......

have more respect for what? their pockets being full of money?

LMFAO

ANYONE who claims that caring for even 60 plants as "full-time" work is joking themselves..

Like I said above though.. Those who take insult to this are those who are only in it for the money, not even for medical reasons..

you can compare the price of these meds to any other meds if u want.. or u can even compare these meds to the price of an airplane..

that does not make charging $20 a gram or $400 an oz right.. just greedy!

if a patient were to consume 2oz's a month at $400 each, you would make $800 off one patient each and every month! multiply that by 5 patients and you got $4000 a month to care for some marijuana plants..

Nothing less than a street dealer at that point..

I feel for the patients who are stuck paying that price..

Tell you what, seeing as how you're such an expert at low cost production of medicine, it seems you have a couple of options:

1. Start up a caregiving service using your math, teach others how to do the same, and put all of the greedy caregivers (I'm sorry, "street dealers") out of business. Please, I'm begging you to.

2. Share your low cost knowledge with as many patients as possible, so they don't NEED the services of "street dealers." Thereby putting us out of business.

3. Continue bashing caregivers on this site with no real understanding of what is involved in being a caregiver. It is far more than simply watering some plants.

In other words, anyone can talk...only a select few can and will DO. Where do you fall?

24 hours a day

or did you miss that?

you have no idea how many plants i grow..... or better yet, how many i take care of.

you just have no idea at all.

but thats ok..... stick around. you will get educated. thats what this site is for !!

do you grow?

got pics?

lets see what 2 mins a day does for you?

like i said above.. those who take offense to this are the ones who are doing the evil..

i am not bashing caregivers..

i am not bashing compensation for services..

there is a HUGE difference between being compensated for services and charging $400 per ounce..

If your services are so great, why don't you give them a flat monthly fee and they get 100% of their crops...

but thats where the other problem comes in.. those same greedy caregivers are getting $400 an ounce from more people then just 5 patients.. they wouldnt dare destroy overages as they are "too proud" in their product..

i am all for those caregivers who provide a quality product at a REASONABLE compensation..

they are entitled to something afterall! electricity aint free, either is water (unless you have a well), and nutes aint free neither ;)

nowhere have i said people should grow for free, but those who argue that charging $400 a oz is not greedy should be ashamed of themselves

nowhere have I bashed caregivers.. dont go twisting my words to your liking!

if you cant figure out that this thread is about GREED then you need to learn how to read!

until you show me your ounces that you grew for 5 bucks in 20 minutes you are just misinformed.

as you have seen, its YOU, not society that has a problem.

how many replies so far?

and how many agreeing with you?

another pathetic attempt at moderation?

where have i said i can grow oz's for $5?

where in this thread have i attacked HONEST caregivers?

and you - a moderator comes in to do some bashing, give out some info on another member and encourage others to bash them as well?

i hope they don't actually expect you to be representing this forum... :huh:

cannabis as a medicine (not as a street drug, as in texas) is much like baseball cards. :)

there's a fun analogy for you.

you can look in a price guide and see what they are "worth"..... hightimes prints the going rate throughout the country on a monthly basis per strain.

anyways..... what you see in a price guide is bullcrap.

what something is worth.... either an ounce of cannabis, or a 1952 Bowman Mickey Mantle it is only worth what someone will pay for it.

and its not a frickin auction either. different patients have different prices for most caregivers........... depending on patient income/living.

the simple fact that you are neither a patient, nor a caregiver really nulls any opinions you may post.

you buy your pot in the back alley from "rico" for $400 an ounce..... as a druggie should.

my patients pick up their medication for half that. they are patients, you are a STONER.

Just a quick reminder to all of the folks reading this thread and more so towards those posting in it. By all means please attack opinions and ideas that are put forward, especially those you disagree with. I however, ask that you refrain from attacking the poster of such ideas and opinions, there is no room for that kind of thing, and it makes us all look bad.

Personal attacks, show a lack of confidence or a lack of knowledge on a particular subject, whether that is accurate or not, it is the way it comes off.

Thanks for reading, and I look forward to the rest of the conversation on the topic.

Archived