Afirmitive Defence

shazam

I had to deal with the roscomon court on mm, I got off

I didnt even apply for my card till after i got a possesion charge, when the 20 days were past, I showed my attny all of my paperwork, he showed it to the roscomon prosecutor, and charges were droped than and there!

Good luck to you and yours!

Peace

FTW

Jim

I got cought with 5 joints in a hotel room. They want to put me in jail.

90 days. 2nd offence in 8 years. I need some help up there. i need to rally some help.

At this time in my life i am not financialy solid. And can aford a great Lawyer.

I own a small tool & die shop, As you know this line of work went to crap. and i poured ever thing i had to keep it a float. Things are tourning around. Thank God. But at the momment I dont have 5K for a laywer.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My case in Cheyboygan is not going well. I think this is the only way. WHAT ELSE CAN I DO.

If it's between opening your medical records up to scrutiny OR a conviction, I would suggest the former as opposed to the latter. Is it patently absurd that you have to make that decision? Yes.

If we dont take a stand about OUR Dr records, then they will start taking everything else away from us,nothing will be private, this is just what these stinking P.A.'s want us to do. get scared and run tail first. I say make them explain in PLAIN ENGLISH why they need OUR Dr. records for in OPEN court. I just cant see giving up MORE of OUR RIGHTS to these THUGS. If you feel this is the best move for you, I say GOOD LUCK with your case

If we don't take a stand about OUR Dr records, then they will start taking everything else away from us,nothing will be private, this is just what these stinking P.A.'s want us to do. get scared and run tail first. I say make them explain in PLAIN ENGLISH why they need OUR Dr. records for in OPEN court. I just cant see giving up MORE of OUR RIGHTS to these THUGS. If you feel this is the best move for you, I say GOOD LUCK with your case

that is not are plan are Doc was on the stand for 3 hours the PA was asking him about are Med Records he would not tell her any thing that is why we are back inn court i think

bob and torey, I TIP MY HAT to you 2,been following your case with much viger, I wish yous all the BEST LUCK this world has. YOUR case is and will be the worst case of INJUSTICE I have seen or heard in almost 60 yrs on this stinking rock. I say MAY GOD BLESS YOU AND KEEP YOU SAFE from these pieces of bunny muffins.

I got cought with 5 joints in a hotel room. They want to put me in jail.

90 days. 2nd offence in 8 years. I need some help up there. i need to rally some help.

At this time in my life i am not financialy solid. And can aford a great Lawyer.

I own a small tool & die shop, As you know this line of work went to crap. and i poured ever thing i had to keep it a float. Things are tourning around. Thank God. But at the momment I dont have 5K for a laywer.

do you have your recomdation yet? If so all i did was get a court appointed attny and got a hold of matt able, he offered to side bar for me, my attny went in showed my paperwork, I beleive he mentioned matts name, and they dropped it, either way get a court appt attny, you can always fire him down the line and get your own,,give matt able a call and tell him what you got going.

best of luck to you!

Peace

FTW

Jim

shazam.. your going to have to print these forms out that Peanut butter linked you to.. the latter form is a basic guide for your lawyer. And the first you should print all that out as well to send to your lawyer in advance and also to do all the parts that you can do before you see your lawyer..

This really makes me angry as he double hockey sticks.. Why should you have to recertify?? I was thinking more of a drs visit to show a relationship rather than a recertification.. I had thought with the same dr who certified you to begin with.. Like a follow up visit..

Im feeling for you man.. 5 joints .. give me a break.. well at least you probably wont have much trouble with prong #3.. Praying for you..

do you have your recomdation yet? If so all i did was get a court appointed attny and got a hold of matt able, he offered to side bar for me, my attny went in showed my paperwork, I beleive he mentioned matts name, and they dropped it, either way get a court appt attny, you can always fire him down the line and get your own,,give matt able a call and tell him what you got going.

best of luck to you!

How do i get ahold of matt able? thx for your help

Having the medical marihuana warrior lawyer has a BIG pricetag shazam.. but i pmed you the #

GL

All you all, thanks for the info and the links.

Shazam: are you telling me that you're not represented by counsel right now? I'm not far from Cheboygan and I certainly am at least be willing to talk with you about your case. Call it an initial consult pro bono. I can't say that I can formally represent you, but I may be able to give you some insight and ideas, if not more. As far as Matt Abel, I've recently (couple of days ago) been in contact with him. He and I are speaking about my involvement in this issue and the possibility that we will have an arrangement where calls to him from up north are run through my office (or one of several other attorneys offices, none of them as close as me to your area) so there' a more than fair chance you and I would end up speaking anyway. Please note: Mr. Abel and I do not have a formal or informal relationship at this point. Right now we've only had a conversation and exchanged some information. It may or may not go anywhere. Regardless, I hope my contributions to the board have demonstrated that I'm not a charlatan.

Send me a private message and I'll send you my contact info. For the record, I want to be very clear that my presence on the board and my offer of help to you (or anyone) is not to drum up business. That's not proper for the forums. I do this because how this issue is dealt with by our government is clear evidence of what is wrong with it. There is little more sacred than the right to be left alone, so long as your actions are not infringing upon the health, safety and well-being of another. If the government can tell us what is or is not a proper approach to treating a medical condition, if the government is able to essentially tell us who is an appropriate physician for us to see and if the government can still use it's full force and fury to argue against the Will of the People in such a short-sighted and unjust manner...well, then all is lost. Besides, from all appearances you need help and I may be able to provide a bit of it.

Kirk aka hibby

All you all, thanks for the info and the links.

Shazam: are you telling me that you're not represented by counsel right now? I'm not far from Cheboygan and I certainly am at least be willing to talk with you about your case. Call it an initial consult pro bono. I can't say that I can formally represent you, but I may be able to give you some insight and ideas, if not more. As far as Matt Abel, I've recently (couple of days ago) been in contact with him. He and I are speaking about my involvement in this issue and the possibility that we will have an arrangement where calls to him from up north are run through my office (or one of several other attorneys offices, none of them as close as me to your area) so there' a more than fair chance you and I would end up speaking anyway. Please note: Mr. Abel and I do not have a formal or informal relationship at this point. Right now we've only had a conversation and exchanged some information. It may or may not go anywhere. Regardless, I hope my contributions to the board have demonstrated that I'm not a charlatan.

Send me a private message and I'll send you my contact info. For the record, I want to be very clear that my presence on the board and my offer of help to you (or anyone) is not to drum up business. That's not proper for the forums. I do this because how this issue is dealt with by our government is clear evidence of what is wrong with it. There is little more sacred than the right to be left alone, so long as your actions are not infringing upon the health, safety and well-being of another. If the government can tell us what is or is not a proper approach to treating a medical condition, if the government is able to essentially tell us who is an appropriate physician for us to see and if the government can still use it's full force and fury to argue against the Will of the People in such a short-sighted and unjust manner...well, then all is lost. Besides, from all appearances you need help and I may be able to provide a bit of it.

Kirk aka hibby

I just wanted to say that I thought your offer was fantastic and a great thing! It shows a lot about why you practice law and you're intentions to help people. Very cool!

+++rep

This use charge suck's But i have talked to so many awesome people that are willing to help.

This is what makes america great. Not the f--ckin goverment. If anything they are the downfall and the demise of all our great people. Someday i pray we can make it whole again.

I am taking a plea for the use charge. And i hope it goes well.

before you take the plea deal,PLEASE EXHAUST ALL OTHER OPTIONS. Get a court appointed lawyer like phaque and I did, my case didnt cost me a dime($200.00 for bail,got it back when they dropped my poss.charge). PLEASE, dont just give up and do exactly what they want.

please understand that i live almost 4 hrs from cheyboygan. i have had to make this trip 5 times.

And at this time in my life i am almost homeless. In forcloser, my truck wont make this trip anymore.

and i am so far behind. buisness is in the dumper.

I am trying to keep using my meds. But the gudge has the final word.

A guy in town had got pulled over on his bike less then 5 days before his doctor apt. to get his rec., he has less then a bowl on him that he forgot in his pocket. he got charged with poss.

he pled guilty the next day, a few days later i talked with him and told him if it was me i would go get my card still and see if ya can retract your plea and get a court apt. lawyer. he talked to a lawyer and he said he'd take the case for $1,500 but said he wouldn't win!

I gave him the MSP memo (attached file) and a copy of the law and I highlighted the A.D. in both. He got his card that weekend and that next monday he was at his PO's office and gave her his pappers and the papers i gave him. she said well it looks like we wont be able to pee test ya, and from this it sounds like we wont even have to see you. i can talk to the judge today and see if you can just pay the fine and be done with it, he was happy as heck he got to keep his card and he didn't have to go to jail, he said he didn't care about the fine.

i wish he would have fought it though, they knew he would win and they just wanted the fine money.

people if ya get picked up on somthing ya gotta fight it to end, dont bend over and take the plea/bargin. I watched a lady in court fight for her money they forfited (over 2k) they cancelled court dates right when it was spose to start,gave her 1/2 back but the computers were down so they had to mail it and 30 days later she still didn't have it, anything to dink her along. after 3 months she won all the money back......the pa and judge was TICKED!!!! YOU GOTTA FIGHT!

hope the attachment will help someone.

MSP_Legal_Update_No._69_259822_7.pdf

Archived