Last Night Auburn Hills Banned All Our Rights

http://auburnhills.org/vertical/Sites/%7B33ABD079-3D78-4945-9539-FD5E01E1F1BE%7D/uploads/%7B01360449-174E-4E5A-96F5-8BD2616B412E%7D.PDF

and here is what passed. "total ban of medical marihuana. it shall be unlawful for any person or business to engage in any activity,conduct,use or venture in the city that is contrary to federal,state, or local laws or ordinances,including violation of the city of auurn hills zoning ordinance or code of ordinances, and any statutes and codes adopted by the city. its on pages 44-48

i need some help or guidance on what i can do please. this passed while i was helping in royal oak.

http://auburnhills.o...616B412E%7D.PDF

and here is what passed. "total ban of medical marihuana. it shall be unlawful for any person or business to engage in any activity,conduct,use or venture in the city that is contrary to federal,state, or local laws or ordinances,including violation of the city of auurn hills zoning ordinance or code of ordinances, and any statutes and codes adopted by the city. its on pages 44-48

i need some help or guidance on what i can do please. this passed while i was helping in royal oak.

I've heard that the ACLU wants to hear about all of these types of ordinances...

This is what they did in a nutshell...

In the end, the majority of the Commission supported a total ban of medical marihuana in the City of Auburn

Hills. The primary concern was the conflict between federal and state law and the fact that federal law

supersedes state regulation. Marihuana is a Schedule I drug under the Federal Controlled Substances Act.

Federal law prohibits the use, possession, and distribution of marihuana. Also, many felt that the Police and

other City officials could not adequately regulate the land use due to grey areas in the law and the reported

exploitation of Medical Marihuana Act described at previous meetings and in the media.

With no further questions or comments from the public, the public hearing was closed at 8:47 p.m.

Mr. Spurlin moved to recommend to City Council approval of the proposed text amendment to Section

1801. Scope of the Zoning Ordinance to include the language of Option A that states “It shall be

unlawful for any person or business to engage in any activity, conduct, use, or venture in the City that is

contrary to federal, state, or local laws or ordinances, including violations of the City of Auburn Hills

Zoning Ordinance or Code of Ordinances, and any statutes and codes adopted or utilized by the City”.

Supported by Mr. Beidoun

VOTE: Yes:

Verbeke, Kittle, Hitchcock, Salerno, Beidoun, Spurlin

No:

Mitchell, Ouellette

Abstain: Pierce

Motion Carried (6-2-1)

We need to watch for when this is going before the City Council for a final vote.

Lets all send them some E-mails to guide them the city may not know that they will get sued that will get them wondering $$$

and when we all show up for that meeting they will know why we are their again it's about are Rights the ACLU is doing nothing

the ACLU were are they on are case no were that is what are Lawyer told me weres the ACLU now

ther isnt another meeting bob. they passed it. im trying to get info for a referendum. i got routed around and ended up being told to contact the city attornys office. dirk 248 539 2808. i dont want to sound like a donkey. i need input on how to handle this.

The portion I quoted above is from that very document. The vote last night was on the motion "to recommend to City Council approval of the proposed text amendment to Section 1801." In essence, the vote last night decided which text "option a" or "option b" would be pushed forward to the city council for a vote to amend the named section.

This is not the law in Auburn Hills, yet. They still have to go through the motions, and votes to get final passage of it.

so your saying they didnt pass it?

That looks like it was their final vote and it will become an ordinance when they have their next meeting and approve their minutes for this meeting. Nothing goes into effect until those minutes are approved and they do the required by law readings which I think is 3. At 3 consecutive meetings they have to place this on their agendas to allow for any word changes etc.

Dizz

It hasn't passed yet. The commission only recomended the language. Next step is for city council to vote on. Keeping the referendum option open is a good idea. Contact Mike Koromon He presented this concept at Saturdays meeting in Lansing

That looks like it was their final vote and it will become an ordinance when they have their next meeting and approve their minutes for this meeting. Nothing goes into effect until those minutes are approved. There will be no vote just an approval of the minutes.

Dizz

/agreed. They did an end run. While activity was focused on Royal Oak, they did their thing. IMO the referendum concept should be considered in this case. Get the troops together because you will only have 10 days, if passed by city council, to signatures to get the referendum started. Then I think city has 30 days to respond, if negatively then more signatures will be required and then goes to a vote. If this happens, all other counties wil follow by getting the needed signatures to activate a referendum. Should contact blueberry and contact Koromon

This is what they did in a nutshell...

We need to watch for when this is going before the City Council for a final vote.

If we know anything at this point, it is that we can change their minds on reconsideration. We should be there in force on the 12th to keep them from approving those minutes...

Agreed. BTW, thanks for the text of the process required in Auburn Hills.

I have 2 questions after reading their provisions for this process.

1. Does the person presenting the petition to the clerk (for initial approval of the form) need to be a registered voter of Auburn Hills?

2. Who will be drafting the petition, and when?

Thanks again.

This sh-t is getting way out of control.... Why must they keep fighting the people .....63% of Michigan voted yes and I bet if we had gotten to more people that number would be much greater.... Instead of spending all this time and all this money fighting us why don't they use this time to work with us iron out the grey areas tighten the law that makes both sides happy..... I honostly don't think even the nasties toughest cruedest Biker gangs go through what were going through... I became a patient so I can stop suffering legally.... I'll stand up and say this I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO TAKEN PHARMICUTICALS AGAIN.... And if I die due to complications/stress due to what THEY are doing you ALL have my permission to SUE the HELL out of the state the city the county what ever on my behalf and use that money to make things write...... And feed and take care if my family if course

so if i get this right.

1. a petition is drafted containing the ordinance to be referended

2. that is taken to the city clerk to be approved.

3. go collect auburn hills registered voter signatures, the more the better.

4. within 20 days of yesterday 10/24/10 deadline.

5. show up at planning commission meeting on 10/12/10 to be a thorn in their side.

THIS HAS NOT PASSED YET. Please go to page 45,at the bottom of the page it says they are going to send to city council for approval. the vote was (6-2-1) at top of page 46. please dont read any thing into this that is NOT there. THIS HAS NOT PASSED YET.

Archived