Samples

just a quick questions and maybe i can get some helpfull info .. is it to much to ask for a sample of medication when you interview or i guess i shouldnt say interview but talk with possiable caregivers i may decide to list as mine.. from my prior post you will see i have had a bad experience and im not expecting things free however i do want to make sure the meds a caregiver offer will help with my ailments. so my question is , is it typically the wright or wrong thing to expect from a person you may list as your caregiver.thanks for any input

just a quick questions and maybe i can get some helpfull info .. is it to much to ask for a sample of medication when you interview or i guess i shouldnt say interview but talk with possiable caregivers i may decide to list as mine.. from my prior post you will see i have had a bad experience and im not expecting things free however i do want to make sure the meds a caregiver offer will help with my ailments. so my question is , is it typically the wright or wrong thing to expect from a person you may list as your caregiver.thanks for any input

In talking with other CGs it is apparent to us that there are patients shopping around "thinking about switching" and asking for free samples with no intention of signing a new CG.

As a matter of practice, I think it is wise for a CG to give free samples (if he is to provide a sample at all) so if the prospective patient is LEO posing, then at least the transfer was not "selling marijuana" = 2 year felony bonus on top of delivery...but would more likely be "distribution without remuneration," which is generally considered a non-felony possesion matter rather than felony distribution.

Myself, I have never explored a new pt-CG relationship further if I'm asked to provide free samples. I don't want a patient to make the decision based on what I give him that day, rather than the confidence I can and will make the reasonable efforts to ease his debilitating condition over the long term. This is what is key - that he have your long-term interests in mind. Samples don't mean anything. They could be meds he bought from a dispensary to lure in new patients. They could be the best meds he ever grew but maybe he can't be consistent. Maybe he'll hook you with top-notch meds and then pass lower quality off to you.

I don't go to a job interview and offer to work for free so the employer can see how I perform. The employer and I do our homework, we talk to refrences, we meet maybe several times before a decision is made. The same amount of effort should go into establishing patient-caregiver relationships.

All that said, if the patient wants to ask for free samples, by all means do it. Many CGs will be turned off by this, but at least you will know that additional piece of information about the CG. If you are the type to ask for a free sample, and he is the type to get put off by the request, then odds are you are not a good match. If the CG can't handle you asking without being a donkey, then you don't want to work with him.

thank you all for the good info so far. i dont want anyone to think im a jerk just trying to get free meds i strictly just want the best caregiver i can find this time around. the bottom line is this, i truly have every intention on finding another caregiver, i am just leary of another bad experience, and with all that i have on my plate now i just dont want to be a victim of another bad caregiver experience ever again. im very thankfull i live in a state where i have this theraputic option in my life and i just want it to be a good thing in my life not a hinderance. if i could find a great caregiver who really is knowledgable, compassionate, and most of all respectfull, i would be a happy patient. thanks guys

If You are both cardholders it seems a caregiver would discuss available strains n smoke one with you. That's not illegal n why would it be too much to ask? If your going to sign a contract with a caregiver and have confidence in him of course you should see what he's growing. Just my opinion...

Well part of choosing a good caregiver beyond the general chemistry you may have with him or her is their knowledge on the topic. Depending on your ailment, they might have certain strains that would better suit you or possibly have the knowledge to point you in the right direction. When you go to a doctor and he writes you a script, do you always ask him for a sample first? Hopefully it helps and if not, then maybe try a different type of medication. If things don't work out, then that's why the MDCH supplies a Change of Caregiver Form on their website. imho..

Archived