I Need A Heavy Duty Timer....

bigtimm

i have a few of the brinks timers, they are 15 amp and work fine for my t-5 and other things. but i am going to hook up 1,000 watt hps . and i do not want to worry about my timer's failing! i already have enough insomnia...any help from my fellow friend's would be great

your would be fine with the 15amp timers, 1000w lights should only pull 9.6.

but if bigger timers would help ya sleep better, atleast there not to pricey!

i am sure they would work, but...i have a a family and a house to protect..i have spent extra money to upgrade and beef up, wires,breaker,box's....i just dont want to rely on a $9 christmas tree timer..............

I have installed the same timer in my room. It has the capabilities to run 2-110 v circuits or 1-220 v as mentioned. It is called"The Little Gray Box". Mainly they are used for electric water heaters to conserve energy. Its not super accurate as far as being able to set it to the minute, but I run a bit more dark time than light anyway so its not really a critical factor. Very reliable unit as far as safety. Good luck!

....i just dont want to rely on a $9 christmas tree timer..............

I rely on these $1.75 relays to operate much of my grow.

http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a-store/item/RLY-453/120-VAC-RELAY-DPDT-12-AMPS/-/1.html

You could buy a crappy lamp timer and power as many 120v/240v devices as you want for $1.75 each. (up to 12amps each)

where are you at? i have a brand new timer....greenhouse type meant for what u want to use it for....if ur close n wanna match er something its yours i dont use it and u could...so let me know where youre at srry cant drive across sate just to give u something....sure u understand

i am down here in adrian..to far from midland..thank you for the offer

Archived