Growing Question

I'll be starting to grow my own soon (I have a card) and am wondering if it is legal for me to allow another legal patient to grow in the same space with me. They won't be leaving their card with me so all I would have is their paperwork, would it be safer if I became a caregiver for that person? Thanks in advance.

I'll be starting to grow my own soon (I have a card) and am wondering if it is legal for me to allow another legal patient to grow in the same space with me. They won't be leaving their card with me so all I would have is their paperwork, would it be safer if I became a caregiver for that person? Thanks in advance.

In my opinion, it would be safer, as you would technically be in possession of the plants, and we know how certain "civil" servants like to interpret things.

So, I would suggest that yes if they are going to be at your home, that you become the caregiver for that person... you could even name them as your caregiver but retain your cultivation rights... this would allow each of you to hold a total of 5 ounces (2.5 for being a patient, and 2.5 for being a caregiver). Just something to think about.

In my opinion, it would be safer, as you would technically be in possession of the plants, and we know how certain "civil" servants like to interpret things.

So, I would suggest that yes if they are going to be at your home, that you become the caregiver for that person... you could even name them as your caregiver but retain your cultivation rights... this would allow each of you to hold a total of 5 ounces (2.5 for being a patient, and 2.5 for being a caregiver). Just something to think about.

Rev, yes my intuition tells me that this would be the safer way to go but I needed another opinion on the matter. Thanks for yours.

To make sure you are both covered, do as the Rev suggested.

If you decide not to, at least label the plants, showing what plants belong to whom. Also a copy of your friends card, along with the paperwork.

A lease type agreement written up stating that your friend is using space in the grow room wouldn't hurt either!

I personally wouldn't take the risk. LEO is lookin for any and every reason to F@#k with us.

Even if you have a copy of his card, paper work and the plants are labeled, possession is 9/10 the law. Unless your his caregiver those are your plants unless he lives there to. If I lived with another patient I would want 2 separate rooms just to cover my own rectum.

I would think they could get you on not having the correct address on your paper work if his plants weren't registered to your address. The caregiver change form requires you to give the address if you move, so they want to know where the plants are is what I am thinking.If he is a patient and his own caregiver, I would think you could legally grow together if his address was the same as the place where the plants were. However,I think it would be safest if you became his caregiver and he just helped you cultivate like you would be doing anyway. I am not a lawyer or anything this is just my opinion.

I would think they could get you on not having the correct address on your paper work if his plants weren't registered to your address. The caregiver change form requires you to give the address if you move, so they want to know where the plants are is what I am thinking.If he is a patient and his own caregiver, I would think you could legally grow together if his address was the same as the place where the plants were. However,I think it would be safest if you became his caregiver and he just helped you cultivate like you would be doing anyway. I am not a lawyer or anything this is just my opinion.

Actually, the address on the registry id card is just whee the caregiver has his/her mail delivered. The plants may be kept at any location, but it would be wise to keep copies of the cards/paper work with the plants.

I think that Ethically, it would be okay. But, legally, it is not clearly allowed. So you are taking a risk, should you be "caught". In the unfortunate event of having your grow(s) discovered by LEOs, they would most certainly NOT find it acceptable. You may be able to make arguments in court about it, but i think that those would likely not hold up either. Your safest, most prudent way, would be to take Rev Thad's advice.

I think that Ethically, it would be okay. But, legally, it is not clearly allowed. So you are taking a risk, should you be "caught". In the unfortunate event of having your grow(s) discovered by LEOs, they would most certainly NOT find it acceptable. You may be able to make arguments in court about it, but i think that those would likely not hold up either. Your safest, most prudent way, would be to take Rev Thad's advice.

Yes I think it is the way I'm going. Thanks to all and enjoy this beautiful weather we've been having.

Archived