Hiding Behing The Law?

? Let me start by saying I'm not pointing any fingers. How many people are abusing the law to gain monetary profit? [in my opinion alot] How many people are getting MM cards because they enjoy the recreational use of MM? Was the the law writing for real sick people or a gateway to legalization to all Marijuana? Or both? What is your opinion

I am Gonna need it!! TY

Every person that gets a card has something going on that qualifies them.

For most people you can't see what that may be.

There are others that have ID cards that can't even get out of bed.

You can't see it in them either because you never see these people at all.

There are a lot of people that are staying alive by using cannabis. Without it they would have been dead a long time ago.

And for many of those people you can't tell either.

Those that oppose this medicine want everyone to think the vast majority of people that have mmj ID cards are faking.

Last night on CNN I saw this police officer saying that 98% of people that have an ID card are some sort of fake.

We hold rally's. The MMMA has over 17,000 names registered at this site. Yet when we rally, we have fifty to 100 people show up. Why? Because we're all sick people.

And it gets better .. What if cannabis actually works? I don't look sick so I must be faking? What about if it works?

If a medicine is helping, then I should "look" healthier that I would have without it.

So some of that problem is that cannabis works. For some of us, it makes it look as if we have no medical problem.

So you need some help .. you might be able to get it here.

Every person that gets a card has something going on that qualifies them.

For most people you can't see what that may be.

There are others that have ID cards that can't even get out of bed.

You can't see it in them either because you never see these people at all.

There are a lot of people that are staying alive by using cannabis. Without it they would have been dead a long time ago.

And for many of those people you can't tell either.

Those that oppose this medicine want everyone to think the vast majority of people that have mmj ID cards are faking.

Last night on CNN I saw this police officer saying that 98% of people that have an ID card are some sort of fake.

We hold rally's. The MMMA has over 17,000 names registered at this site. Yet when we rally, we have fifty to 100 people show up. Why? Because we're all sick people.

And it gets better .. What if cannabis actually works? I don't look sick so I must be faking? What about if it works?

If a medicine is helping, then I should "look" healthier that I would have without it.

So some of that problem is that cannabis works. For some of us, it makes it look as if we have no medical problem.

So you need some help .. you might be able to get it here.

I saw that officer say 98% of people holding cards are faking it too, but it was on a show on marijuana on the history channel. I do fully agree I know some people that have it do not need it and it does make life harder for the people that do need it with that image floating around, my logic as far as NEEDING it goes is it has significantly improved their life for the better, be it coming off of Chemo and not able to eat from their gastral tract being ravaged or getting pain patients off of hard painkillers that quickly kill the liver, but who are we to say minor improvement are not needs? If it makes someone less depresed than an anti depressant that should be a need if it improves the quality of life for anyone it should be considered a need. That is why it should be their choice to use it, why cant the people who dont wanna use it or have it, just keep it at that and let the ones that it helps be helped.

? Let me start by saying I'm not pointing any fingers. How many people are abusing the law to gain monetary profit? [in my opinion alot] How many people are getting MM cards because they enjoy the recreational use of MM? Was the the law writing for real sick people or a gateway to legalization to all Marijuana? Or both? What is your opinion

My opinion is that cops, pa's, and their friends (who like them also hate individual human rights) should stop wasting money and time chasing people over a medicinal herb that has been used safely by millions of people for thousands of years. Franky, you all look a little nutso to most humans today, who are waking up to the tactics of (imprison those who disagree) and of ruling over other humans without their consent (tyranny).

me7784, yes, some will take advantage of every situation to get to their goal, just like many people who are cops will use that as an advantage to rule and reign over people without their consent. Many pa's will ruin the lives of individual human beings just to achieve some political goal.

These examples of evil are much more damaging than someone taking advantage of a situation to use a medicinal herb, whether just for recreational purposes or not.

People have a right to choose to use marijuana, and many other choices that some may not like. As long as a human being is not doing harm to others, no king or thug or gang or local pa or elected or non-elected officials can force you to do their bidding against the will of the individuals.

People with this mental illness (thinking it is ok to rule over other humans without their consent) are terrorizing individual human beings here, and using Our resources to do this, while real crime is happening in these communities.

Whether people are sick, or just happy, none of you who hate individual human rights can tell them not to use an herb that they will help them live a better life, or even just a happier one.

So, will some abuse an individual situation for their benefit? You mean like you and your boss? You leos and their friends, you have no moral ground to stand on here. Go away, and chase after humans who are actually harming others, and stop wasting our time and money and ruining lives for your personal gain!

Not pointing fingers, as you say...

I saw that officer say 98% of people holding cards are faking it too, but it was on a show on marijuana on the history channel. I do fully agree I know some people that have it do not need it and it does make life harder for the people that do need it with that image floating around, my logic as far as NEEDING it goes is it has significantly improved their life for the better, be it coming off of Chemo and not able to eat from their gastral tract being ravaged or getting pain patients off of hard painkillers that quickly kill the liver, but who are we to say minor improvement are not needs? If it makes someone less depresed than an anti depressant that should be a need if it improves the quality of life for anyone it should be considered a need. That is why it should be their choice to use it, why cant the people who dont wanna use it or have it, just keep it at that and let the ones that it helps be helped.

Some people fake things to get prescription drugs.

No one would suggest that because fakes are able to get pain killers that 98% of people using such pain killers are faking.

It would be an even worse excuse to ban all pain killers.

According to Michigan Department of Community Health 1 out of 5 people experience chronic pain(just one of the many qualifying conditions). One in seven of those experiencing severe Chronic pain are suicidal. People take medications to feel better and increase their quality of life. Many "recreational users" are self medicating to relieve pain, distress, sleep disorders, depression, or a number of other medical conditions. There are millions of people, medical patients and "recreational users" who testify to how marijuana relieves their discomfort and increases their quality of their lives.

It is imposable to cover illegal active with a medical card. Sales to non-patients are illegal and still very prosecutable under all the current laws. If a patient sells to an undercover cop, they are going to jail. The law does nothing to protect those who engage in illegal activity. Yes, it does make it harder to arrest some one that has not been caught doing any wrong, which is what most people have a problem with.

So now we have a police officer stateing that over 90% of patients have no discernable illness...I'll take his word on it once he completes his medical degree. This is utter bullschuette, I have dealt with cannabis therapies for quite some time now, and based on what I've seen, 99.9% of all patients have a need and a right to use cannabis. These ANTI's will use any means necessary to paint us as being nefarious drug abusers. Could you give me a link to this article, I would like to refute this bunny muffins statements with a few facts....Peace...j.b.

If you wake up in the morning and feel bad, then, light a bowl, joint, vape, etc. and feel better, is that not medical use? Whether its for chronic pain or chronic boredom, if it can be said that use of marijuana improves an individual's quality of life, I personally believe that that is justifiable medical use. The law may disagree, it aims to put patients into the tiny boxes of "qualifying" conditions, but I suppose you need to better define medical use vs recreational to get a proper answer to your question.

I had back surgery in Feb. '09..... scar on my back.

I prefer Medical Marijuana over pain pills/muscle relaxers.

It is now legal for me to choose weed over the pills. I do so every night, before bed.

Do I like getting high ? Yes. but have also stopped taking Cymbalta for mild anxiety/depression. Nice side effect of the medical marijuana for my back.

Now I take NO pills. No pills !!

I feel no guilt in my patient paying 7.15g for his medicine, because when he is short, he is at least sharing a little of mine. The power company and the hydroponic stores have no guilt. I pay for clones that are not given to me. or traded. Places that have sold me pipes/bongs/vaporizer/papers/lighters have no guilt in expecting I pay.

By the time you figure in work time, travel time, and gas mileage.... at 7.15g for sticky meds. Please.

Why is he not bitching about 7.15g. ?? Because after he saw EVERYTHING that is involved: Time + $$ + Knowledge + Location, he knows he is getting what he paid for. At first, he had the "Welfare mentality" that it should be free, or a $5 co-pay on an ounce, from me. Was mad when I told him he better like smoking male sucker leaves at that rate. After everything was laid out, he decided that is not a bad price to pay. I would pay it. We were paying 5.50g. for brick, with seeds, from God only knows where, and who knows what on it, or in it. 7.15g for sticky stuff I know is safe....not a bad deal.

Guest finallyfree09

i suffer from osteoarthritis, hip displaysia, 3 bulging discs, and, my sciatic nerve gives me fits. it hurts just to walk so no... i wouldn't say i am one of the sherriff's 98% that is faking it but i DO like to smoke.

i have been smoking a long time. i had to quit 4 years ago to pass a drug test for a life insurance policy... took them almost 6 months to send their people to my house to take the darned sample. that was the most painful 6 months of my entire life. i have been having trouble with my neck and upper back for well over 10 years... fell off of a barn... but had not realized how bad it was.

sooooo.... i filled up the cup and got rid of the life insurance nurse/lady type person so i could burn one. had an ounce of some green at the ready. about 5 minutes after i smoked it i noticed that my back had stopped hurting. it was NUTS, 5 minutes earlier i had a burning cross on my back and was very restricted in how much i could move not to mention the fact that i was, and had been, in agony for no less than 6 months. it was then that i realized that mmj was real and the people that were taking for pain relief were not lying.

as far as the $ aspect.... yeah sure... if i could make a modest living without ripping people off i would like to. i don't want to go on disability.... i don't feel right getting $ handed to me (don't get ticked off everybody i am not saying anything bad about people that recieve disability!!!). i mean why not try to stay off of the govt payroll?

i don't understand why the govt is pushing so hard against this anyways. how many people like me are there out there that don't want to "be a drain on society" as some "anti-disability" critics would call us? why can't somebody make a modest living? nobody should get rich here but come on.... let the free market drive this thing. i want to remain self sufficient and DO NOT want to wonder how i am ever going to get a new car or clothes or whatever.

theres a few of my thoughts

one last thing...

i am allergic to vicodin, darvocet, tylenol 3... pretty much any opioid. i have also had adverse reactions to celebrex and other nsaids and anything with acetominophen in it makes my heart pound so hard it takes my breath away and almost makes me fall down. ibuprofen and mmj are all i have.

Guest finallyfree09

i have not seen anybody profit to the point of a meaningful full time job. i think even the few that might be trying to make a profit realise very quickly that if your following the law there is not a great deal of money.

no there is not. DEFINITELY not. just enough to cover the electric bill and all the fertilizers and whatnot. might be lucky to profit $500/month. thats where p2p comes in if it is deemed legal by the courts.

several legislators want to change the law so there are only 10 places growing throughout the state and then make us get our meds from a pharmacy.... why not scrap the "10 greenhouses" idea and let caregivers bring their overages to some kind of distribution center? sort of like the old liquor control commission or something. you take your overages there, frop them off and get a lot number.... when your lot number sells you get paid.

can something like that be done without ammending the law in any way?

Some people fake things to get prescription drugs.

No one would suggest that because fakes are able to get pain killers that 98% of people using such pain killers are faking.

It would be an even worse excuse to ban all pain killers.

I agree completely what is the difference between this and prescription drugs, if people want to lie and get it they will.

Hello All!

While I won't stop taking my presciption meds for seizer control pot SURE makes my life easier.

A seizer while I'm driving could kill a couple of people (including myself.) So I won"t relly on just that for it. But that is what I have my card for.

The Px meds that I take for it is some NASTY stuff.

But smoking a joint, relaxes me, makes me laugh at things that I thought wheren't funny before, and more than anything, helps me to get a good nights sleep!

So what's wrong with it?

The way I look at it is, if it helps someone, WHY NOT?

Tnx,

LURD

My opinion is that this thread is a perfect tool to use against the medical marijuana movement and needs to be removed asap!

Really is it a good idea to even discuss anyone using their cards for anything but compassion or treating their illnesses ?

My opinion is that this thread is a perfect tool to use against the medical marijuana movement and needs to be removed asap!

Really is it a good idea to even discuss anyone using their cards for anything but compassion or treating their illnesses ?

I thought that at first also.

But then I figured this might be a person that has only had exposure to what "they" are saying.

If one person asks then there may be more that wonder the same thing.

Soooo .. I gently bash the idea, not the person. (not saying that you are)

But leave the bashing up for everyone to see.

If you have supporting Medical documents stating your condition your not faking it's these clinics you can go to without medical documents and say i'm in pain or whatever and then you hand them money in return you get a cert letter and for u caregivers out there trying to sell meds for 300 a o thats just rapping people i got mri to support my need for meds

If you have supporting Medical documents stating your condition your not faking it's these clinics you can go to without medical documents and say i'm in pain or whatever and then you hand them money in return you get a cert letter and for u caregivers out there trying to sell meds for 300 a o thats just rapping people i got mri to support my need for meds

There are very real people out there with very real medical conditions that have not been able to afford to see a doctor for years.

Many of these people have been able to exist only by using cannabis.

We simply must be able to help these people.

We need to avoid fakes getting a letter, yes. But we need to help the poor also.

its as simple as this, marihuanna will not be legal for some time.Why just as someone stated, we have 17000 members but we hold a rally and 100 show up.we have a compassion club meeting with 400 plus members and 30 show up.with 13 of them being people who want to be caregivers for the wrong reason.I agree you should be able to make a modest living, but you should also give back to the community.There are many more poeple who need more than yourself.One oz from each caregiver a month would help so MANY.the dispencarys/compassion centers are a joke.I know for a fact that the 425 an oz medicine was bought from someone else for 250.We need a system in place where caregivers/patients can go just to meet and see whats going on.cut out the people in the middle and costs go way down.Ie I dont know anyone on ssdi that can afford club prices.The ten growing facilitys is total bs.Ive read the articles about the gov pot, and from the one guy that still gets it, its horrible.Its commercially grown, just the way itll be done in these ten facilitys.And what do u think there gona do in a huge warehouse when they get spidermites huh?if the future summers are anything like this summer then there going to get them.the nastiest chemicals u can think of will come out.

Archived