Hiding Behing The Law?

The biggest proof that people are really sick is the fact the by MDCH own numbers 60% of patients are on disability and pay the reduced fee.

Plus most doctor require that opiates have been prescribed or other major medication to treat the patients condition before they will write a recommendation. And unlike Cali, it requires multiple visits to the doctors over an extended period of time to document the condition.

For the most part, I think there are more patients who are denied that do qualify than vise versa.

My opinion is that this thread is a perfect tool to use against the medical marijuana movement and needs to be removed asap!

Really is it a good idea to even discuss anyone using their cards for anything but compassion or treating their illnesses ?

I agree. No good can come from this. It is another example of a thread that if LEO is reading he will surly use. Who is anyone to judge another persons pain level?

no there is not. DEFINITELY not. just enough to cover the electric bill and all the fertilizers and whatnot. might be lucky to profit $500/month. thats where p2p comes in if it is deemed legal by the courts.

several legislators want to change the law so there are only 10 places growing throughout the state and then make us get our meds from a pharmacy.... why not scrap the "10 greenhouses" idea and let caregivers bring their overages to some kind of distribution center? sort of like the old liquor control commission or something. you take your overages there, frop them off and get a lot number.... when your lot number sells you get paid.

can something like that be done without ammending the law in any way?

Dear Robert: I understand your frustration and anger over the events in Oakland County relating to medical marijuana clinics. Problems similar to this have been occurring all across the state and in our courts as the new law is being implemented. As a result, I am currently serving on a Medical Marijuana Task Force appointed by House Speaker Andy Dillon to look at amending the act to make it more clear and to avoid any issues like those that are occurring around the state currently. We hope to have recommendations made for amending the statutes before the end of this year. Thank you again for contacting me.

i post this all the time when i here they want to change the Law because they do and are working on it as we see

I don't think the post needs to be deleted, I think to disregard that "fakers" are spoiling the movement is a healthy discussion.

As PB pointed out, people go after pills and painkillers all the time, and those are still legal. That is the better position IMO. How often do we are about Hollywood actor XYZ checked into rehab for addiction to pain meds? Too often - rarely is it marijuana.

Legalization for recreational use is not what the State of Michigan approved. Whether marijuana should be legalized for recreational use is another discussion all together.

I feel that those seeking recreational use legalization and using the Medical use movement to further their needs is inappropriate and simply takes the attention away from the people who have medical need. Basically, one step at a time. We have it for medical use, lets get this straightened out and then worry about the recreational use - kind of a "who needs it more" person X who wants to get high to relax, or person Z who has cancer?

I think I may have watched the same program on history channel. Of course LEO will inflate the number of people who may not have a legitimate need, but that shouldn't focus our movement to anything but what we want and what we have. Right now, we have medical use in Michigan, its what voters approved, and for anybody to assert otherwise is undercutting the voter initiative - the same as LEO are attempting to do by prosecuting legitimate patient and caregivers.

I don't think the post needs to be deleted, I think to disregard that "fakers" are spoiling the movement is a healthy discussion.

Discussing how to counter the argument put forth by the anti medical cannabis groups is a very different discussion than asking "how many people are hiding behind the law?" The former will help us develop strategies to counter the logic and facts put forth by our opponents. The latter will tend to produce sound-bites our opponents can use out of context in TV commercials and news interviews.

Discussing how to counter the argument put forth by the anti medical cannabis groups is a very different discussion than asking "how many people are hiding behind the law?" The former will help us develop strategies to counter the logic and facts put forth by our opponents. The latter will tend to produce sound-bites our opponents can use out of context in TV commercials and news interviews.

I think our community directed the nature of this thread by the third or 4th post ..

Its so funny. I wonder how many paralegals and/or assistant attorneys are on here trying to gather "research". lol. Ive watched a bunch of clips on Youtube from various news programs debating the topic and this is the how every single one goes.

Pro-Marijuana argument: The person always states facts, statistics, research to back up every (and i mean every) single claim they make on the air

Anti-Marijuana: ALways the same few things: Gateway drug, expose to children, supporting terrorists. lol. opinions and speculation. One guy even admitted he smokes tobacco and drinks, and that its not a big deal because its a american tradition. Whoever said nutso to these people earlier is right. Beastiality is WRONG. Stop whacking those horses!

I am not gonna even get in to this one. I have a legitimate condition. I know most people with cards that i know have legitimate conditions. I think this whole line of thinking is just on the edge of its' seat waiting to throw the baby out with the bathwater. It's an Ad Hominem argument.

many people would think I am a faker :( because I look and act pretty healthy but my chronic headaches due to my asthma make my days pretty crappy sometimes. Well since smoking a few times a week I have not used my fast acting inhaler in weeks and have done many things that would normally send me to my albuterol. IT IS FREAKIN AWESOME. I can run if needed LOL, ride my dirtbikes, etc with out even getting winded. The worst side effect from MM could be rapid heart rate. Both my inhalers do that and can cause death due to asthma :( So not a faker even though I may look like it. I am sure there are some fakers though for sure

? Let me start by saying I'm not pointing any fingers. How many people are abusing the law to gain monetary profit? [in my opinion alot] How many people are getting MM cards because they enjoy the recreational use of MM? Was the the law writing for real sick people or a gateway to legalization to all Marijuana? Or both? What is your opinion

This is an insulting thread to any of us patients who have suffered for years and still are suffering even with a law.

You should be asking the Oakland or Ferndale cops their the ones who forged a card,or are you one of them?!

Insulting!!!!

This is an insulting thread to any of us patients who have suffered for years and still are suffering even with a law.

You should be asking the Oakland or Ferndale cops their the ones who forged a card,or are you one of them?!

Insulting!!!!

Please stop with the cop thing its getting old TY!!

with p2p or c2c transactions i read this all the time but then i read this

Question: I am too ill to grow my own medical marihuana. What can I do?

Answer: The MMMA provides for a system of designated caregivers. The caregiver can acquire 2.5 ounces of usable marihuana and grow up to 12 marihuana plants for a qualifying patient. The caregiver may assist up to 5 patients. The caregiver must sign a statement agreeing to provide marihuana only to the qualifying patients who have named the individual as their caregiver. The caregiver's name, address, birth date and social security number must be provided to the state at the time of a patient's registration. The Department will issue a registry identification card to the caregiver who is named by a qualifying patient on his/her application. The Department may not issue a registry identification card to a proposed caregiver who has previously been convicted of a felony drug offense. The Department will verify through a background check with the Michigan State Police that the designated caregiver has no disqualifying felony drug conviction. A caregiver may receive reasonable compensation for services provided to assist with a qualifying patient's medical use of marihuana.

The biggest proof that people are really sick is the fact the by MDCH own numbers 60% of patients are on disability and pay the reduced fee.

Plus most doctor require that opiates have been prescribed or other major medication to treat the patients condition before they will write a recommendation. And unlike Cali, it requires multiple visits to the doctors over an extended period of time to document the condition.

For the most part, I think there are more patients who are denied that do qualify than vise versa.

There are definatly more patients who's dr's would rather write them opiods than mm, the dr.'s need to get out from under the big pharma's pockets!

I have heard of several new drugs some of these patients on here are on, why becuase that rep just bribed the hole dr.s office staff with lunch and free samples, and once they give you the free samples they write you a scritp for it, drs want us on narcotics so they can pass us from the pain clinics to the urinialisis machine! pass us down the line, and at the end we get picked up by the funneral home!

Have a Nice day

Oh hello lurd!

Peace

FTW

Jim

with p2p or c2c transactions i read this all the time but then i read this

Question: I am too ill to grow my own medical marihuana. What can I do?

Answer: The MMMA provides for a system of designated caregivers. The caregiver can acquire 2.5 ounces of usable marihuana and grow up to 12 marihuana plants for a qualifying patient. The caregiver may assist up to 5 patients. The caregiver must sign a statement agreeing to provide marihuana only to the qualifying patients who have named the individual as their caregiver. The caregiver's name, address, birth date and social security number must be provided to the state at the time of a patient's registration. The Department will issue a registry identification card to the caregiver who is named by a qualifying patient on his/her application. The Department may not issue a registry identification card to a proposed caregiver who has previously been convicted of a felony drug offense. The Department will verify through a background check with the Michigan State Police that the designated caregiver has no disqualifying felony drug conviction. A caregiver may receive reasonable compensation for services provided to assist with a qualifying patient's medical use of marihuana.

yep torey - its right there -

" The caregiver may assist up to 5 patients. The caregiver must sign a statement agreeing to provide marihuana only to the qualifying patients who have named the individual as their caregiver. The caregiver's name, address, birth date and social security number must be provided to the state at the time of a patient's registration. "

So I continue to warn against CGs helping patients they are not connect to the MDCH registry.

-DN

There are definatly more patients who's dr's would rather write them opiods than mm, the dr.'s need to get out from under the big pharma's pockets!

I have heard of several new drugs some of these patients on here are on, why becuase that rep just bribed the hole dr.s office staff with lunch and free samples, and once they give you the free samples they write you a scritp for it, drs want us on narcotics so they can pass us from the pain clinics to the urinialisis machine! pass us down the line, and at the end we get picked up by the funneral home!

Have a Nice day

Oh hello lurd!

Peace

FTW

Jim

You are so right, Jim, whether knowingly or not, many doctors, lawyers, pas. leos, and many other elected and non-elected officials are basically just shills for the drug companies (partnering with our 2 major political parties signing off on this and much other crap) to keep us sick and stupid and broke. We are much easier to control this way.

Have a nice day, too.

Hello lurd!

The MDCH reports on its website that 24.3% of Michigan residents sought treatment for chronic pain in 2009. Why is it so difficult for authorities to believe that 20,000+ people would seek non-pharmaceutical relief for severe and debilitating pain in a state with Michigan's unemployment rate? Being suddenly unemployed tends to bring the cost of medications for chronic conditions into the light when insurance is no longer there to pick up the tab.

Pure and simple, anybody saying there is a high percentage of abusers in this system does not know what they are talking about. They are doing just what our opposition does: judging a person's illness on their visual appearance.

As far as the law being a vehicle for legalization, I think that there is little doubt that many of the 63% of Michigan voters that passed this law saw it, at the very least, as a way to bring responsible cannabis use into the spotlight with the thought that education of the public would lower resistance to legalization. I tend not to care much anymore of what the writers' intents were, since the voters' intents took over after the poll results came in.

As for "abusing the law to gain monetary profit" I guess I would have to ask when does profit become abusive? There are lots of people covering expenses with p2p or c2c transactions, I would guess that a few of them at least turn a profit here and there while helping a fellow patient out. While I don't think many of us would consider that to be abusive, I am pretty sure each of us draws a line somewhere. Where I place my line, I don't see a high percentage of abusive profits.

While as a Compassion Club leader I have met a handful of people that were certainly planning on using the law for that purpose, they seemed to disappear quickly when presented with the real situation.

Great post.

BTW - WHY are WE blamed for DOCTORS who write the weak/fake disability recommendations? There are crooked doctors out there who write script for pain meds all day long, cops go after those doctors - NOT the patients.

Clubs cannot turn away people they 'don't think deserve' their cards - they are not doctors either. What right do people have to judge others by outward appearance. Some people like me, are only active in public by the virtue of medical marijuana giving our bodies back!

Know the patients you work with.

If you don't like the patient, mind your own business and work with another patient.

I see fakers fade away from the club scene quickly, leaving behind only the legitimate peoples.

-DN

Archived