Putting Flowering Cuttings Back Into Veg?

h0tnready420

Need some help putting flowering cuttings that have been taken off my plants back into veg. could someone give me the basic rundown as to what I should expect, can achieve and should be doing?

10 shark's breath and 2 unknown

Going put them in rapid rooters then into the dome, going to be put in the tent getting light from a 600mh.

Thanks All

Let me be perfectly clear, I'm not an expert.

I have not tried to take cuttings from flowering plants to try to root. I have taken cuttings and rooted them right before I moved the plants to the flowering 12/12 lighting.

I would guess that this (cutting from flowering plants) could work but, may take longer than you would want or think to root.

I am thinking that the cuttings are engaged in the flowering process. They have been instructed (by the mother plant) to draw nutrients, absorb the lighting, exchange molecules, create canabinoids, produce buds and do several other actions all designed for the "flowering" phase of its life cycle.

Stopping this cycle and forcing the cuttings to go backwards to the rooting cycle is risky. Remember, they have been cut from their life support system. They are in shock, and now you are wanting / hoping they will not only come out of this shock, but also completely stop what they are doing (flower cycle) and focus on all the requirements for rooting!

It has been said: High Risk = High Reward. You are braver than I in this area. Good luck and I hope it works out very well for you.

How far into flower? I took some clones off a Pineapple Chunk that was 2.5 weeks into flower. I didn't have any issues, I use CFLs, 24 hours of light. I don't think there is a problem with taking cuttings from a flowering plant, I have done it many times. Just give them more time, you wont notice much growth but the roots should be huge.

As all are saying, it will root no matter what stage it is in. My research suggests clones root faster if they are taken while in flowering. But you will wait a lot longer to see vertical growth. Just be sure to take them from the bottom of the plant. Bottom branches root much better than top branches.

Peace

i was just thinking of the ""rooting on the bush"method i've seen on this site...scrape the branch, add rooting jell,rock wool,water and then cover with alum.foil...any idea of how this would work to root the "in bloom" cutting and then transfer to the grow rm.18/6?? that way the cutting would at least be rooted before re vegin'...just thinkin...zzb

Don't know about taking cuttings during the flowering phase. Might be your best option to keep a couple of the lower buds/ green leafs on your plant and when your done taking off the top throw the whole plant back into 24/7. Some strains do better with this, you're plant's goin to be stressed and it takes a while.

yes it will work.... it is a slow process as plants in flower are not thinking of roots.

with that said..... wow. Im trying to profect this as a tech. every time i reveg a rooted flowering clone....it goes nutts. my hashberry put out 14 tops... talk about an instant mother plant lol

lol I do believe it's strain Dependant. Some stress less than others. I did turn one that was Stubborn as hell! I had to talk to it every day "It's 18hrs baby... come on... you can do it!" but if you don't want to lose it it's worth the time.

Archived