Dea Raids Lansing Grow

reliefchoices

Special Agent Rich Isaacson, a public information officer at the DEA’s Detroit branch, confirmed today that a federal search warrant was executed Tuesday night at the facility near the intersection of Okemos and Jolly roads.

He would not comment further on the raid because the case is under investigation.

However, he said the DEA does not differentiate between “medical marijuana and marijuana” when it comes to “large-scale drug trafficking groups.”

And exactly where did drug trafficking play a part in the feds getting this search warrant do they have proof the building manager or one of his renters sold drugs to non patients ? <_<

“That being said, people following state law will not be targeted,” Isaacson said. “We are not utilizing our resources on folks that are following state law.”

But isn't that what they did if he only has 40 plants, yet with 5 registered patients and himself a patient is allowed up to 72

My guess is they were Christmas tree sized :thumbsu: ...Doesn't Cali limits grows by sq ft not by plant count for perhaps reasons like ? yield is a function of light not necessarily plant count IMHO :gym:

LOL my dad lives Right around the corner from there! Nice area right off 96

“That being said, people following state law will not be targeted,” Isaacson said. “We are not utilizing our resources on folks that are following state law.”

But isn't that what they did if he only has 40 plants, yet with 5 registered patients and himself a patient is allowed up to 72

My guess is they were Christmas tree sized :thumbsu: ...Doesn't Cali limits grows by sq ft not by plant count for perhaps reasons like ? yield is a function of light not necessarily plant count IMHO :gym:

LOL my dad lives Right around the corner from there! Nice area right off 96

No limits on plot size in Cali. Proposal was to limit grows to 5 sq ft. I can shove 4 plants easily into 5 sq ft of ground space. No rule on how many cubic feet. The sky is the limit.

Guest 1TokeOverLine

No limits on plot size in Cali. Proposal was to limit grows to 5 sq ft. I can shove 4 plants easily into 5 sq ft of ground space. No rule on how many cubic feet. The sky is the limit.

Say what???? Last I knew Cali was 100 sq ft, and a friend in the triangle was busted for being over-limit. I'll have to ask him what his limit was, I'm thinking 100 plants.

"No set limits regarding the amount of marijuana patients may possess and/or cultivate were provided by this act, though the California Legislature adopted guidelines in 2003."

"Senate Bill 420, which was signed into law in October 2003 and took effect on January 1, 2004, imposes statewide guidelines outlining how much medicinal marijuana patients may grow and possess. Under the guidelines, qualified patients and/or their primary caregivers may possess no more than eight ounces of dried marijuana and/or six mature (or 12 immature) marijuana plants. However, S.B. 420 allows patients to possess larger amounts of marijuana when such quantities are recommended by a physician. The legislation also allows counties and municipalities to approve and/or maintain local ordinances permitting patients to possess larger quantities of medicinal pot than allowed under the new state guidelines."

1T

Very concerning (obviously for me given my handle.) from the article, I gather that the facility was being shared between 7 caregivers (basore and 6 others) and they only took 40 plants? That seems to be the definition of "Clear and unambiguous compliance with state law" as stated in the Obama administration's memo earlier this year.

Obviously the feds CAN bust anyone they want for marijuana, but SHOULD they?

Please be careful everyone. We're under the microscope.

..."and roughly $20,000 worth of plant nutrients." for 72 plants?????

Dude said a, "black SUV had been staking out the site for about “three to four months.”" My guess: he knew he was being watched and maybe at that point made himself "legal" before the raid.

Article doesn't say he was arrested or charged, poor writing? Or did I miss something?

Guest finallyfree09

surprise surprise the dea still bending over caregivers and patients they have no morals?

id uder stand if it was a huge illegal operation but its not ive seen them bust people where it was actually qestionable weather they were following the law but this is 100% state certified clean WTF?

whts it gonna take for the feds to leave us alone?

the dont give 2 flyingfuks abought wht oboma said in some memo a year ago flood the whit house with emails dont know wht to do on this one i hope that maybe these people + all the otheres that where following the law file a class action law suit THE PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF MICHIGAN VS THE DEA for willfully and knowingly raiding MMJ patients/caregivers and ignoreing THE 63% of us that voted for this STATE SHOULD HAVE JURISTICTION OVER FED the states made the federal goverment not the other way around go bust a fkin crak house or some thing asses

I just seen a show on tv and Actully the survivers from the mayflower were the ones they wrote something not sure what they called it but they were starting there own government and they didn't follow englands rules anymore. I know this is lame but I can't put it into words.

But I agreewhat will it take for them to leave us alone.

I didn't join the ARMY and defend our Country to be treated this way.

I just seen a show on tv and Actully the survivers from the mayflower were the ones they wrote something not sure what they called it but they were starting there own government and they didn't follow englands rules anymore. I know this is lame but I can't put it into words.

:goodjob::thumbsu: this is why i support our troops but fear our fed' goverment

Yeah,then the nazi's sell your equipment at their local auctions. It's sad to see the amount of corrupt layers within our government :notfair: If the finances were used for useful purposes in departments that fleece our pockets of our hard earned posessions. The driver responsibility fee for example; it allows a level of government to benefit off of a "crime" commited, where the families effected by the situation should recieve the financial help. If someone lost a child to a drunk driver, why should the state collect the money?? shouldn't we examine how NAZI most of our laws are?? I think that if we don't FIGHT for our freedoms we will lose them. Unfortunatly I can't wait to hear of them showing up at the wrong place :thumbsu: cause then maybe after a few leave in bodybags they will learn DON'T F WITH THE GOOD PEOPLE OF THE LAND!!! KEEP YOUR MONEY GRUBBING HANDS OFF MY S#*^!! Its just sad to see how they like to kick the ladder out from under people and act like they deserved it. :growl: WHo died and made you boss?? I answer to NO-ONE! I follow No laws as for they are written for stupid people who do not know better, or the brainwashed. I know right from wrong, and I will not hurt anyone who doesn't give GOOD reason, I will help thy neighbor, I will not LIE, I will not STEAL, and I will take responsibility for whatever I do. If people live with morals they need no laws, they are for the NAZI's to strike fear with...Believe me my family fought these same NAZI's in WWII. Just how they controlled everyone.....FEAR!!!!

Nobody arrested?

They don't seem to arrest you anymore for things like this (progress?). Just steal all your stuff so you can't continue.

Nobody arrested?

They don't seem to arrest you anymore for things like this (progress?). Just steal all your stuff so you can't continue.

Read about Forfeiture Laws - Michigan has the worst in the USA. Here, the police can forfeit your assests - without charging you with a crime. Yes, its true.

http://www.isil.org/resources/lit/looting-of-america.html

They make sure you cannot afford to get your stuff back by intimidation, punitive fees, or just destroying it. They can claim not to be allowed to return your seized gear and meds - as it violates Federal law.

" If government agents seize your property under civil asset forfeiture, you can forget about being innocent until proven guilty, due process of law, the right to an attorney, or even the right to trial. All of those rights only exist if you are charged with a criminal offense; that is, with an offense which could result in your imprisonment. If you (or your property) are accused of a civil offense (offenses which could not result in your imprisonment), the Supreme Court has ruled that you have no presumption of innocence, no right to an attorney, and no protection from double jeopardy.

Seizure occurs when government takes away your property. Forfeiture is when legal title is permanently transferred to the state. To get seized property returned, you have to fight the full resources of your state or federal government; sometimes both! You have to prove your property's "innocence" by documenting how you earned every cent used to pay for it. You have to prove that neither you nor any of your family members ever committed an illegal act involving the property.

To get a trial, you have to post a non-refundable "bond" of 10% of the value of your property. You have to pay attorney fees – ranging from $5,000 to over $100,000 – out of your own pocket. Money you pay your attorney is also subject to seizure (either before or after the trial) if the government alleges that those funds were "tainted." And you may be forced to go through trial after trial, because under civil seizure the Constitutional protection against "double jeopardy" doesn't apply. Once your property is seized, expect to spend years fighting government agencies and expect to be impoverished by legal fees – with no guarantee of winning – while the government keeps your car, home and bank account."

Looting indeed.

DN

Guest 1TokeOverLine

Please do ask him. Nobody knows the rules for sure.

He was in the Triangle (northwestern California) Humbolt County. He was allowed a 10x10 (100 sq. ft.) but his garden is 200x300, and also had an indoor 10x10 going. He mortgaged his house for the bond and legal expenses amounting to over $38,000. (They only took the outdoor garden overage). They didn't take anything from the house, he's lucky he didn't lose his equipment. He sticks to the letter of the law now. LOL

1T

me eather i was inn 1967 -70 sp-5 did my job for them this is waht i get court court court

thanks thats a great idea i may do just that But back then my waist was a 23 now it's ?

Bob, I'm hoping you meant back then your waist a 32...otherwise, holy cow man!

Back on topic, I just perused this week's edition of the alternative Lansing newspaper, CityPulse, and the authorities are claiming that this is a part of a bigger raid of 5 facilities netting over 400 plants. Looks like they are trying to make the argument that the idea of multiple caregivers at the same address are not allowable, even if the different caregivers' plants are kept in separate enclosed, locked spaces. I can also see them trying to make the conspiracy case, if these facilities were connected under a common owner or organization.

Either that or it is just run of the mill DEA intimidation and business as usual. It will be interesting to hear whether or not they decide to pursue any charges. My bet is on no. Just smash and grab armed robbery behind a badge.

Here is the article: http://npaper-wehaa.com/citypulse/#2010/12/07/?article=1102918&dpg=1

Archived