Wyoming Michigan Bans Medical Marihuana

WYOMING MICHIGAN BANS MEDICAL MARIHUANA

Mich. city defies state pot law, votes ban

WYOMING, Mich., Dec. 7 (UPI) -- Marijuana advocates say they want to kick the entire city council of a Michigan city out of office for banning the drug state law permits for medicinal use.

The city council of Wyoming, Mich., reaffirmed a November vote Monday giving the ban a second and final reading that makes medical marijuana illegal within city limits, the Grand Rapids (Mich.) Press reported Tuesday.

The vote goes against a 2008 statewide vote approving medical marijuana. Voters in 27 of Wyoming's precincts supported that marijuana proposal.

John Ter Beek, a lawyer who has sued the city, plans a campaign to recall all seven elected officials and says he is recruiting volunteers to circulate recall petitions.

Mayor Jack Poll, a pharmacist, and the council said the voter-approved state law is dangerous because it does not regulate distribution of marijuana through typical medical channels. The council said medical marijuana should be dispensed through pharmacies.

Council member William Ver Hulst said the medical marijuana proposal "sounded good (in 2008), just like apple pie and motherhood." But "I guess I assumed it would be properly controlled by medical dispensaries," he said.

Poll said he is "not at all" worried by a recall, saying the 2008 marijuana proposal was approved "without full knowledge of the ramifications."

Voters would not pass the same measure today, he said.

Michael A. Komorn

Attorney and Counselor

Law Office of Michael A. Komorn

3000 Town Center, Suite, 1800

Southfield, MI 48075

800-656-3557 (Toll Free)

248-351-2200 (Office)

248-357-2550 (Phone)

248-351-2211 (Fax)

Email: michael@komornlaw.com

Check out our Radio show:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/planetgreentrees

NEW CALL IN NUMBER: (347) 326-9626

Live Every Wednesday 8-9:30 p.m.

PLANET GREENTREES

w/ Attorney Michael Komorn

The most relevant radio talk show for the Michigan Medical Marijuana Community. PERIOD.

If you have a medical marihuana question or comment, please email them to me, or leave them on the forum for the MMMA, and I will try to answer them live on the air.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/planetgreentrees

PLANET GREENTREES Call-in Number: (347) 326-9626

Call-in Number: (347) 326-9626

1 question,do the petitions need to be signed by wyoming residents only?I ask because I think I will have a petion in hand very soon but I am not a resident of wyoming so will need to figure out where to collect sigs this weekend-

I don't understand how they can ban a medication! Is it even legal for them to do this?

no, they cant do this, a common turd can see this for the discrimination that it is..... id love it and agree if they could ban pills, at least that might save lives lol jk. Call the aclu these turds need to be put on the "gettin sued" list too....

This are seems to be a grand place to go visit in the spring. maybe a cpl of us could meet up and discuss op OG ;)

Well John is getting the ACLU involved I hope we can get this turned around. These are hats tried charging people when police showed up to an accident $200. Hit and runs increased 300 percent in 6 months. So they reversed it. I just love having my civil rights violated! Why did I even vote. I get legal and they tell me I am not if I live in the city. Uh bull sugar honey ice tea! getting a for sale by owner sign soon I think. Head for friendlier surroundings.

Thats the problem here this asclown actually believes hes acting for the will of the people which is so far off from the truth does he actually believe that anything that has happened since the law was voted in would change a voters mind?

Does he actually believe that voters are stupid that they didn't look into other states laws to see what comes with voting in medical marijuana ?

I think the law would pass with even more % of votes this time the only ones against this law are law enforcement and city councils.

"Mayor Jack Poll, a pharmacist, and the council said the voter-approved state law is dangerous because it does not regulate distribution of marijuana through typical medical channels. The council said medical marijuana should be dispensed through pharmacies."

Seems a bit odd that the Mayor is a pharmacist and he wants pharmacies to be the only ones allowed to dispense it. Greed?

Growing pot isn't rocket science. It grows just about anywhere with ease. If I can grow tomatoes in my back yard, I should be allowed to grow a plant which can be used as medication - especially if a doctor feels I'd benefit from using it as medicine.

As long as you don't use harsh chemicals or pesticides... marijuana is completely safe to use. It will be no safer if sold by a pharmacy, only more expensive.

"Voters would not pass the same meansure today"

Now that burns my bacon. How does he or anyone know what would happen. It's just an opinion, blemished by a narrow point of view. He also said the ban was put in place for safety reasons. What safety? Safe for who? Safe from what? Who's safety?

This is a classic mind set from someone who knows nothing about the subject he's agains. If you know nothing about it or don't like something, disparage it, restrict it and then compel others to act and conduct themselves to your ideology.

Mayor Jack Poll, a pharmacist, and the council said the voter-approved state law is dangerous because it does not regulate distribution of marijuana through typical medical channels. The council said medical marijuana should be dispensed through pharmacies.

At least 1.5 million Americans are sickened, injured or killed each year by errors in prescribing, dispensing and taking medications, the influential Institute of Medicine concluded in a major report released yesterday.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/07/20/AR2006072000754.html

Number of deaths caused by cannabis - zero

http://drugwarfacts.org/cms/?q=node/30

At least 1.5 million Americans are sickened, injured or killed each year by errors in prescribing, dispensing and taking medications, the influential Institute of Medicine concluded in a major report released yesterday.

http://www.washingto...6072000754.html

So, then logically all pharmacies in his town should be outlawed to protect the individual human beings from something that is much worse that cannabis...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/07/20/AR2006072000754.html

Must be some good meds the first article is from 4 years ago!!! Good info though..

Recall the bas tards!

Just heard of a recent recall vote here in a small Michigan city where four of six city council members got the 'axe'.

AND they were voted out by as few as SEVEN (7) votes. Out of a city of 6000 only 900 hundred or so people showed up to vote.

It is in the MMJ patient's favor that on these 'recall' votes VERY few people do turn out.

If a 'solid recall' action can be taken AND the MMJ community in the Wyoming area that legally can vote on this recall, get out and VOTES for the recall it is VERY likely to succeed.

Show these illustrious politicians they DO NOT have the right to countermand a law passed by the 'people' of Michigan.

I know the older people in my life that I convinced to vote yes would not do it again. They have said they don't like dispensaries and 'pot parties' (their words for compassion clubs) in their neighborhoods.

I know the older people in my life that I convinced to vote yes would not do it again. They have said they don't like dispensaries and 'pot parties' (their words for compassion clubs) in their neighborhoods.

I've heard that Medical Marijuana is also good for alzheimers.

Especially with a 'Geritol' chaser.

Archived