When Can I Start Medicating And Growing?

Hello all! Just found this website, seems like a good place to discuss issues with other Michigan patients and caregivers :)

Anyways, I got a doctor's recommendation on 11/23/2010 and the clinic registered me with the state about a week ago. When can I begin using marijuana and growing marijuana? Do I need to wait for my card to do either? Can I visit the medical marijuana clubs and purchase medicine before my card arrives?

Thanks in advance!

I actually went through a clinic in Detroit which specializes in this, they have a doctor on site and meet with you by appointment, and even file your application with the state if their doctor recommends you. So should I call them and find out when their check was cashed?

I actually went through a clinic in Detroit which specializes in this, they have a doctor on site and meet with you by appointment, and even file your application with the state if their doctor recommends you. So should I call them and find out when their check was cashed?

Just call your bank. The state is pretty quick to cash the checks. Usually within a week. I just went to my bank and got a copy, then made my own copies of that.

Just call your bank. The state is pretty quick to cash the checks. Usually within a week. I just went to my bank and got a copy, then made my own copies of that.

Well it wasn't my check, the clinic in Detroit is the one who paid the state. I'll just call the clinic on Friday (not open Thursdays) and see what the situation is.

Hello all! Just found this website, seems like a good place to discuss issues with other Michigan patients and caregivers :)

Anyways, I got a doctor's recommendation on 11/23/2010 and the clinic registered me with the state about a week ago. When can I begin using marijuana and growing marijuana? Do I need to wait for my card to do either? Can I visit the medical marijuana clubs and purchase medicine before my card arrives?

Thanks in advance!

If you got your Dr recommendation, that can't be taken away from you... You "may" not be 100% legal, but if you ran into any issue with the police for instance, affirmative action would come into play..

AFA say going to a dispensary, some allow paperwork, some don't... that check is the Key to the application though...

You can only be denied for 1 reason... Typo (EDIT: which can be corrected)... the only other thing that you could be denied is caregiving for other people (should you have a felony drug record) but NOT YOURSELF...

you said "when?"

When you get all your paperwork straight! If you do not have the copy of the cashed check, you are missing your complete paperwork. The MDCH deems your paperwork valid like a card after the 20 days, but YOU are responsible for having all the documentation on you if the cops stop you.

Clinics that help patients by doing all the work for them - you just hope they are legit and organized. If they just took your money and didn't file anything, its your azz.

Since the clinic sent in the check, how can you prove its the check they sent in your name? Becareful mate.

-DN

I don't think the clinic would do that, it seemed legitimate. They had radio ads going, their own retail/office space, and I believe I even saw the doctor's degree on the wall.

They are MMMCN in Detroit, MI, I'm sure there are other users here who have used them. I wasn't the only person there having an appointment.

(313) 531-1000 if you want to give them a call

Archived