Bubblegrower's Bubble Scrog (Screen Of Green)

Grow Thread

Seriously BG, how crazy would someone have to be to do a scrog right off the bat in a new grow area? I mean, they are wondering , since they have not grown in a long time, if a newbie to this century's grow techniques should consider this scrog technique if they are just starting small, with 1 or 2 plants, but to get a high yield. They have been following many grow threads this past couple of years and think they are ready to try. What would you tell them based on this limited information?

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously BG, how crazy would someone have to be to do a scrog right off the bat in a new grow area? I mean, they are wondering , since they have not grown in a long time, if a newbie to this century's grow techniques should consider this scrog technique if they are just starting small, with 1 or 2 plants, but to get a high yield. They have been following many grow threads this past couple of years and think they are ready to try. What would you tell them based on this limited information?

there really wouldnt be too much trouble..... this works in soil just as well. i wouldnt recommend someone taking on bubbles AND a scrog both for the first time at the same time though.

You paid too much for it :rolleyes:

:thumbsu: probably.

---------------------------------------------------

the screen is out of control..... 2 days in flower so far. i gotta get some weaving done. there are literally over 50 main bud sites sticking straight up off the screen..... this is gonna be a big one:

gallery_13801_513_88100.jpg

Its prolly for the best, the lower yield i mean, it will still be a lot to work with in another 5-6 weeks

looking good chef!!

great job.

yeah, if you vegged them into the screen instead of just using it as a "stability device" you will double/triple your yield...... fun times.

looking good though................. seriously.... i know you will be happy.

very true scrogbubbles.

a scrog looks easy to keep air around because it is so roomy underneath, and its not too tall.

on the contrary, there is a TON of greenery jammed together right at screen level and a few inches above. thick is an understatement.

i have 3 fans on that one plant right now. a 10" fan on the floor blowing straight up at the bottom side of the canpoy, a 10" fan on the ceiling blowing straight down on her, and then a 16" oscillating fan that hits her real good from the side as well.

freshies:

gallery_13801_513_130076.jpg

gallery_13801_513_217732.jpg

gallery_13801_513_44546.jpg

im actually glad i left the door on. there is a bubbledick plant in the very lower left of the pic directly above that is tied to the door for support :)

the black strap attached to the front of the cage is actually holding the air pump off the floor :thumbsu:

i have been pumping water in and out now. i cannot get in there to dump through the 2" hole anymore. so i just mix up a tote of water/nutes and pump it through the 2" hole. very easy.

i flushed her out today so i was able to move the light out of the way and get a couple better pics:

gallery_13801_513_23452.jpg

gallery_13801_513_106073.jpg

If 12 plants were my limit.... I would have 12 dog cages :lol: This to me is by far the best way to get the most out of 1 plant but it takes up some space. I really can't wait to see the numbers when your done....

on the contrary, it hardly takes any space compared to what it would take up it i let her grow freely.

the scrog plant is obviously 2.5 x 3ft (length and width of screen) and is about 18-20" tall from the top of the netpot.

her sister is easily 3 x 3 and 3.5ft tall ..... and wont be yielding as much :)

the scrog cage is sitting on 2-totes to raise her up to the height of her sis.

Archived