Musical Ladies

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Espanoil............................................................................................English [no video]......................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCCiFp1z344

Boy, them's some boots Sola!

Are you sure it was the music that you like?!

jk, Very nice.

I found Janelle through Hip-Hop-Rap artists Outkast.

She was their protegee some years ago.

She is really quite diverse.

Glad you liked :D

Just wanted to drop down a few of my favorite Women Drummers

Terri Lyne Carrington

Emmanuelle Caplette

Akira Jimbo

Yeah, I lean a little towards Jazz :D

OOPS... the last vid wasn't the one I meant to post... am leaving it anyway!

Edited by imiubu

Excuse me ! Thought I was all alone , ha ha. I just stumbled onto this. Early on ... with the females, jazz, etc. ? Women just got recognized as Citizens a few years earlier....1921. .

It's all good. However I'm curious how much creative freedom they had back then, as far as what was tolerated/allowed. 90 years ago. Back when our Parents were kickin it.

The very first concern I had ever attended started: Freddie Hubbard, Hubert Laws, Grover Washing Jr, Stanley Turrentine, Johnny Hammond, George Benson, Hank Crawford, Rod Carter, Bernard Purdie, and Airto. Yeah, I still have the playbill, and yes it was an all nighter. This was followed by the introduction of the headliner: “Little” Esther Phillips.

My favor is this one. I know someone with the album “Live at the Piped Piper”, that has the cut. I have begged, paid, pleaded, but it’s still not in my procession, but it will be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opmwS-3JcN0&feature=watch_response

I was watching the Tracy Chapman’s “Give me a Reason” vid. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPcjjOrKmJw

See the woman applying the make-up? This is her

I had left someone a voice message reading a poem by Nikki Giovanni. Not long afterwards, the album with this cut was released. If you watch this vid on youtube, trust that this has nothing to do with driving around NY. I even confirmed the meeting with the author. Check out the words.

I love Cassandra Wilson voice, be she give short, unfulfilling concerts. This cut was performed for “Blue Notes Sings the Beatles”. The whole project is great.