N00B Cloning Assistance

totung

They are Kandy Kush dipped in Roottech then stuck in Root Riots that were soaked in Clonex Cloning Solution (2 tsp/liter).

I put the tray with misted dome on top of the sunblaze 48 for about 8 hours. From there, they went under the light, still with the dome on. The top of the dome is about 2 1/2 feet from the light itself.

I have been misting the dome at least 3 times a day.

Here is what they look like after just over 48 hours...

http://www.michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/uploads/1295384674/gallery_16042_442_209093.jpg

I feel like I am doing something wrong based on how they look.

They aren't supposed to look limp like that, right?

Look healthy to me . :thumbsu:

The #1 problom with learning cloning is to learn how to be patient ever hear ya cant watch the pot boil?

Just walk away and come back later you will be fine. :thumbsu:

To better clarify my previous post just keep misting them make sure they stay moist i always spray extra on the bubble dome too the more humidity the better and most pro growers Ive seen do trim back the big fan leaf tips to allow the plant to concentrate on its root base.

And be patient the roots will be here shortly. :thumbsu:

I should have known to trim the leaves since I was told many times to not forget to do that!!!!

I peeked at them this morning and they are going strong now! All four of them are nice and peppy and standing up nice and tall.

I will be taking some clones off of the dj short when I get home from work!

OK, I have had terible luck with cloning! out of the prolly 50 cuttings ive tried, ive had 4 successfully root (my BB, LOL it was in flower too!)

so ive switched from rockwool to a little bbl cloner i made today, check out all the pics here: http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/gallery/album/15187/489-misc/

but here are a few shots :)

gallery_15187_489_72339.jpg

gallery_15187_489_139205.jpg

gallery_15187_489_265345.jpg

Just updating to get some directions as to what I should do next.

There were originally 4 clones of kandy kush. The day after I took those, I took 2 more clones of kandy kush and 4 clones of dj short blueberry.

All 10 have been under the humidity dome since then. I have taken the dome off a couple times a day to mist, but that is about it.

It has been 6 days since the first 4 clones of kandy kush were taken.

I checked the root riots and they are still moist. The clones appear to be a tad droopy.

Not sure what I should be doing now....?

Open the vents on the dome? Remove the dome all together?

I haven't checked to see if there were any roots yet. Should I do that too?

Believe me, this time around, I am being very patient. The two attempts before didn't go so well because I was way too impatient.

The previous attempts, I was checking for roots every day LOL

I just wanted to make sure that I should just keep going with what I am doing.

I just went down there to mist the dome for the first time today. They look the same. Nothing has changed really.

Believe me, this time around, I am being very patient. The two attempts before didn't go so well because I was way too impatient.

The previous attempts, I was checking for roots every day LOL

I just wanted to make sure that I should just keep going with what I am doing.

I just went down there to mist the dome for the first time today. They look the same. Nothing has changed really.

You want to leave the dome on untill you see roots. Taking clones is all about patience. Whenever your clones droop like in your first pics is from lack of humidity. You dont need or want much leaf on your clones. You want them to root not grow so the least amount of leaf the better. Stick with it you will get it.

Here's a method that is almost always 100% and it also helps with plant counts.

I believe it's called air layering.

Basically you are rooting a branch that is still part of your donor mother.

Materials:

Medium of choice -rapid rooter cubes, peat pucks, rockwool, etc.

Saran wrap

Sharp, clean scissors

Clean razor blade

Rooting gel or powder

Flexible fuzzy pipe cleaners (one of my favorite tools for the garden)

All you do is pick a branch that you want to clone.

Split your RR cubes or peat pucks in half so you can place them around the stem of your chosen branch.

If necessary, trim selected branch.

Take razor blade and lightly and gently scrape the branch in the area that the RR cube will be covering.

Rub scraped area with gel or powder

Wrap with RR cube

Take a small square (6-8 inch) of saran wrap and wrap around cube

Take fuzzy pipe cleaner and secure saran wrap to stem below RR cube

Wrap pipe cleaner around center of RR cube/saran wrap to hold the split in cube together

Continue up with pipe cleaner and wrap around top of cut above RR cube to secure saran wrap

Should be enough pipe cleaner left to attach to main stem of donor plant to support cube and branch is neccesary

To visualize, picture your RR cube wrapped like a tootsie roll with the pipe cleaner sealing saran wrap ends rather than a twist of wrapper

Simply keep the moisture up in your tootsie roll cubes and you will have strong healthy roots in no time. It's easy to dribble water onto your cubes via the top saran wrap seal.

When it's time to plant them, simply cut the stem of your rooted branch even with the boottom of your RR cube and plant like any other freshly rooted clone.

This method has come in handy for hard to clone plants and also for clonig plants that are already in flower. They seem to bounce back to veg quickly.

Hope your jars of full of quality meds soon

OK, I have had terible luck with cloning! out of the prolly 50 cuttings ive tried, ive had 4 successfully root (my BB, LOL it was in flower too!)

so ive switched from rockwool to a little bbl cloner i made today, check out all the pics here: http://michiganmedic...15187/489-misc/

but here are a few shots :)

gallery_15187_489_72339.jpg

gallery_15187_489_139205.jpg

gallery_15187_489_265345.jpg

If I were you, I'd cover up that clear res. You can buy reflective tape our use something else. Or else you may have something that ends up looking like this:

001.jpg

Yes...those are roots with a bunch of algae on them. This is one of the first clones I produced. I've gotten much better..... :D

Totung: Your cuttings look normal. For the first day or two they will be limping, but they'll perk up.

In a day or two, you can pop the top and put a little bit more clonex on the roots. I've found that can help speed things up a bit.

If I were you, I'd cover up that clear res. You can buy reflective tape our use something else. Or else you may have something that ends up looking like this:

I did consider that, but it only holds 2 gallons, and is easy enough to change out: I flip the top, set the clones in the top, process the bottom, and reverse order to restore. im changing/cleaning every other day, and im quite stringent with my regimes. i did drop her down a shelf though, to the bottom where there is a smaller floro. grow bulb mounted. all is well so far, no signs of roots yet, but ill check again on tuesday. Last thing i need to do is secure the stones, but i think im gonna go with a pair of discs for volume.

I also like to be able to see into my res. just looks so darn cool, bubbles and all.

I went down to check on them this morning and they all appear to be much more perky than they have been over the past 10 days along with some yellowing of the bottom fan leaves on most of them.

I misted the dome and the clones before I left.

I am going to check for roots today after work.

So far this try is turning out much better than my previous tries

Archived