No Heat + No Light!

StonedPlanet

So after busting my arse for months, the room mate FULL aware of the project and how much I have invested - ends up blowing the circuit breaker.. He had to have known, since what he was using HAD to have shut down and the light in that room went out..

So instead of going downstairs to reset the breaker, it appears he just headed to work - not caring that he just blew the circuit that I am VERY dependent upon!

How I found out:

I go in to check on things after work and the lights are out, there is no heat and its is a whopping 50 degrees in the room! :blink:

So of course I spend the 30 seconds it takes to go downstairs and reset the circuit then go in the room to crank everything up to get the heat going..

Got it up to 55 rather quickly then lowered the heat settings to slowly raise it the rest of the way..

My main concern is how much death there will be if any... The leaves on the one in flower have been starting to change color the last few days but it looks like they changed a little extra today with the loss of light and heat! I am estimating a loss of at least 3 hours of light until I got home..

How much do you think this will effect the flowering if she makes it?

Also, the veg room was the same temp.. Gonna check on things in a few mins.. From everything I hear the magic temp for death is about 55...

I sure wish it wasnt my money he was throwing away just to be lazy! :growl:

Up until last weekend my temps were hitting the low 50s so i had my contractor Buddy wrap the room in insulation and plastic now I'm up to the low 60s lights out 59 on single digit outside temps .

As for the death at 55 thats nonsense but its more than likely going to have some adverse affects i did see a few male flowers on my ak47s i plucked them off and they are doing fine so you should be ok but id be more concerned about whats popping the breaker theres an overload somewhere and you need to make sure the breaker panels not getting hot like mine did before i upgraded to a 20 amp breaker from a 15.

You should be fine...If it was only three hours you shouldnt have any problems, and as long as your genetics are stable you wont get any hermies. If you are later into flowering your leaves will probably turn some gnarly colors. For some of my strains I actually bring the nighttime temps to low 60's for just that reason.

Hopefully they will just think we had some serious clouds for a few hours LOL

Everything except the unrooted clones look ok, which sucks but didnt cost me money at least..

The one in flower now was already hermed a bit before this, so no real loss there i suppose. She probably enjoyed the cool air.. Her leaves turned color a little more than they have been in the past day or so but that is expected with the cool air and loss of light. Maybe it will finish her early and I can destroy her/it!

I am lucky I came home when I did.. Had I stopped at a friends house for an hour it would've probably been mid 40's or worse.

Rewiring the circuit is on the list!

Hopefully they will just think we had some serious clouds for a few hours LOL

Everything except the unrooted clones look ok, which sucks but didnt cost me money at least..

The one in flower now was already hermed a bit before this, so no real loss there i suppose. She probably enjoyed the cool air.. Her leaves turned color a little more than they have been in the past day or so but that is expected with the cool air and loss of light. Maybe it will finish her early and I can destroy her/it!

I am lucky I came home when I did.. Had I stopped at a friends house for an hour it would've probably been mid 40's or worse.

Rewiring the circuit is on the list!

a few wks ago i was downstate, my friend was just getting ready to crop, so he started moving babys into budd rm. he left a few in there that were ready to crop, well they started popping more budds! (calimist/ak47) he couldnt leave them in there and he figured he had plenty so he moved em into the garage, in an old tool storage uprite locker! It was getting down to 10 f at nite, when he told me he had a few in the garage I figured some clones maybe he wasnt worried about loosing! he opened the doors and full of tall well budded healthy azz plants! they finished up flowering out in the tool locker, all he had for heat was a pump house coil heater under the locker keeping the water warmer than the air and lites at nite of course! he just cropped em last weekend, beautiful! and unbeleivable, my pointe is! you dont need to be a rocket scientist to grow,

But you should have some one living with you that you can trust when you are not there! ( or maybe karma around you is bad lmao)

Peace

FTW

Jim

last year, My flowering got into the higher 40's at night. Only the very slightest of herming on the lower branches on one or two plants, hardly noticeable. Else, slow growth but strong buds. this year I've insulated. I am routinely in the 50's. For example, in the last 24 hours: High = 55, low = 52. No harmful affects whatsoever. The horticulture bible says below 50 is the problem mark.

last year, My flowering got into the higher 40's at night. Only the very slightest of herming on the lower branches on one or two plants, hardly noticeable. Else, slow growth but strong buds. this year I've insulated. I am routinely in the 50's. For example, in the last 24 hours: High = 55, low = 52. No harmful affects whatsoever. The horticulture bible says below 50 is the problem mark.

Don't those low temps slow everything down and effect yield?

Don't those low temps slow everything down and effect yield?

Yes and Yes! but the plant can take a whole lot more than you would think! :thumbsu:

Peace

FTW

Jim

not all people have to worry about their plant count! some still are not legal and dont go by plant count, so they can experiment and not worry about losing a few! and the diff between them and us is we legal peeps are getting popped they arent!!;) They also dont tell peeps their business!

And I couldn't afford to change the temp much even if I wanted to. It is not a choice. It just is what it is and I like it the way it is. Not even close to losing a plant. Maybe I should change my handle to coldDirtGrower.

As long as you make it work for ya... and then you may need a/c in the summer. gotta love the seasons.

bet if you had some of those blue or purple strains you could end up w/ some very distinct colors.

Archived