Plant Number Limits - We Need To Fight This

JayBuds

Right on, yea....pipe dreams....Im not into politics or money so ill pass on the suggestion but I am very passionate about marijuana and I am also a health professional, I am just looking out for the people in my life but I hear ya, for those who think this is about money I can understand why they might jump to that conclusion but please consider all the benefits it would be to our medicine and program. In my eyes we should have the capability to breed the best medicine possible for our patients using whatever means necessary and many people will do so anyway when terminally ill, plant number limits of less than 100 is a very unfair law. -Again- Yes it is easy to produce enough high quality medicine with our numbers but if we could grow more we could do a better job through breeding and also save a lot of time - we could also provide those without the means to breed top quality genetics locally. If for example I am looking for a strain with anti-inflammatory properties to replace my pharma meds I could go to a breeder and buy the best anti-inflammatory clone of thousands of plants and many generations.

Instead of 'grand daddy purps' or 'green crack' how about 'painkiller' and 'appetite' - instead of 'bubba kush' and 'ak47' how about 'anti-anxiety' and 'sleep' (just kidin' lets keep the cool names)

whatever means necessary i think this part may be already inn the Law it's called the A.D

I feel another problem could be what LEO considers usable. No one here would be happy with meds that are fully dry but havent been cured at all. I would guess LEO knows nothing about curing and would consider this usable medication since it technically can be smoked. Many people wouldnt consider a 2 week cure usable. So if a patient who is also a caregiver for 1 person had 5 zips dried and cured, and 2 weeks ago harvested 4-8 more ounces that are currently curing in jars for a few days, would LEO consider this person being over his limit?

I know patients and caregivers wont feel this is over but I feel LEO will, even if the jars are dated with their harvest date

Some individual humans need access to more than these limits to try to make enough oils to try to cure their cancers or other issues. From what I understand it takes quite a bit of premium buds. How do we make allowances for these individuals? Or do we just sacrifice those types of sick people for the greater good? I don't believe anyone really wants to limit access to the medicine that could save their life, do we? People should be able to get what they need or can afford or grow. If it is for medical reasons, who is against this?

So, are we saying we are putting a limit to the amount of compassion we have for some one who is dying because they have too many plants (that will help and possibly cure them)?

I know the argument for some compromise here is to get the statists to be more acceptable to our law. But people who hate individual human rights aren't interested in compromise. They are only interested in you submitting to their will for you.

So, it is up to us, the people who stand for individual humans and their rights to say that humans that have not infringed on the rights of others must be free to choose what medicine and how much medicine they need and where they get it and how it is grown. Let's not leave it up to those who want to oppress and tyrannize others against their will, but let us decide that a free people can decide for themselves. Let us not settle for limits or changes to this law, but instead insist on more vigorous enforcement of our protections that the law, our US Constitution, and our natural universal individual human rights already guarantee!

Okay so I am going to be a little more clear and give only the facts in a list here.

Reasons for having larger plant limits:

• Genetics
  • Horticulture
  • Medical Treatment

arguments against having more plant limit:

• Evil people could exploit it for profit? Money?
  • Confusing to Leo? lol
  • most people get plenty of meds from 12 plants although quality can suffer.(at least its not as good as it could possibly be)

My proposal is simple, allow us unlimited plants but have the cap on flowering plants to prevent people from exploiting the system, more plants improves our capability to manipulate genetics and improves our methods of horticulture thereby improving the quality of medical treatment and medicine.

• 3 weeks later...

Unless I am reading this wrong which I might be :) according to this article http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2011/02/state_court_of_appeals_rejects.html and yes I do realize that this person did not have a legal card until after he was arrested but still a ways down in the article I found a very interesting quote.

"The three-member Court of Appeals panel did not agree with Babbitt's argument about there being a defined number of 12 plants that were allowed under the act.

The appeals court ruled that there was no set number but instead called for a reasonable number in order to keep a continuous supply on-hand."

Like I said I might be reading this wrong or it could be useless information but I figured I would put it out there and see what other people think. Please feel free to tell me how u interpret what was said in this article.

The Appeals Court chose to emphasize one line of the act rather than another. What will MI Supreme Court say? Prolly the same thing. It forces the issue back upon the patient and the doctor who issued the rec to justify however many plants the grower was maintaining. Given this outcome, caregivers need to be ready to fund a big defense if they wish to justify 12 plants per each patient. A lot! of lawyer prep and court time, estimate: $100,000 including expert witness fees. It just got more exensive to caregive in MI.

Wise way to lower plant count? Root your clones on the mother.

Is anyone who is against this idea even reading what the OP is saying? You are all talking about yield, but that is not his concern. It is extremely difficult to find particular genetic traits when you are limited to the amounts you currently are. The more plants you have the more traits you have access to, thus the more specialized you can breed your strains to suit your patients desired effects / needs. It has nothing to do with yield.

my take on it. 12 per pt is good. BUT it should be 12 FLOWERING plants maximun, and up to 36 clones/babies, 24 in veg, and up to 4 mother strains.

that way, you can clone 36, take the best 24 move to veg, and out of that keep the best 12 for bloom. not many non blooming plants could be used to any resemblance of quality, so a young plant isnt USEABLE im that sence.

Archived