Americas War For Drugs

I have been talking to some of my friends in the military and have recently found out that they are being told to go out of their way NOT to destroy the poppy Fields.

And at the same time there is an epidemic of pharmaceutical opiate addiction in our country. Now lets think for one second about where the main source for those pharmaceuticals is coming from.The highest alkaloid content in the poppy pods is morphine and the second highest is codeine. Morphine by itself is a powerful opiate but it is also the starting point for a lot of other drugs such as oxycontin. Codeine is the source to make hydrocodone and hydrocodone bitartrate (vicodin).

It just seems too much of a coincidence that we are at war in the number one poppy producing place on earth and at the same time have been under the largest pharmaceutical opiate epidemic our country has seen since well, I dont know since when but before I was around.

Just sharing my thoughts and would like some feedback :huh:

its not our country! they have a government..we didnt go there for their poppie plants we went for bin ladden, and the taliban who was hiding him! so i guess we should jsut go around dropping bombs on natural plant fields huh?

thats another thing i dont get,,,people say mm is just a plant why should it be illegal,,,,some could say the same for poppie plants!

mushrooms under cow poop(magic mushrooms) and dont ya know that the drugs are dr.s give us is ok? they cant hurt ya :rolleyes:

and big and lil bro and dr.s and hospitals think its good for us! so it must be eh? :devil:

Peace

Jim

The 'money machine' in Washington DC has gone insane.

There is money flowing out of DC that is NEVER seen or heard of again.

The wars in both Iraq and Afghanistan could have been fought much less expensivily in terms of both lives AND money.

The inmates are in charge of the asylum.

Our own Secretary of Defense has even said both of these wars have been ill planned and badly carried out.

And having been a former Marine myself, I know for SURE that they ALL aren't leaving the 'poppies' alone. Some are probably 'chasing the dragon' right now.

What people don't know is that these poppy fields are controlled by afghan tribal leaders that are cooperating with the US military in eradicating the " taliban " from Afghanistan I'm sure that its part of their agreement that their cash crop is left alone for their assistance .

Hmmm...what happened in 2002 that could explain this? Looking the other way or...?

Yep, Mezz,

It's the old 'you can grow your poppies just tell us where the Taliban are."

Trouble is some of them ARE the Taliban, or are at least p*ssed off that we are in their country.

Oh well... back to the drawing board.

Maybe some day 'military intelligence' might really BE intelligent.

To spell it out it seems elements high in the US government have been involved in opium for a long time. How do you think George Herbert Walker Bush got his nickname "Poppy?" No joke - the Skull & Bones secret society made a fortune in the 19th century smuggling opium into China. They didn't stop there either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLEKEnxFZK8&feature=player_embedded

Guest knucklehead bob

Talked to the next door neighbors Dad the other day . His son joined the Army last year and is in Kandahar Province right now . The way he tells it , a U.S. soldier witnessing a crime , rape , robbery or what have you can not intervene in any way . They are to alert the local Authority . His son also told him he can't believe how these people are practically still living in the "Stone Age" .

The CIA has been busted at least two times for dealing drugs. It is a very interesting fact that Afghanistan supplies 80% of the world's heroin. 6 months before we raided Afghanistan the Taliban outlawed poppy and started destroying the fields. Soon after we entered Afghanistan the world news reported the Americans were trafficking heroin. Our response was we did not want the Taliban to get the money. The same Taliban that had outlawed all poppy and heroin.

The CIA was busted distributing cocaine and provided the recipe for crack to fund the Iran contra scandal. Just one of the many conspiracy theories that turned out to be true.

My guess is they are back in business.

Talked to the next door neighbors Dad the other day . His son joined the Army last year and is in Kandahar Province right now . The way he tells it , a U.S. soldier witnessing a crime , rape , robbery or what have you can not intervene in any way . They are to alert the local Authority . His son also told him he can't believe how these people are practically still living in the "Stone Age" .

I am surprised he's surprised. Most of the world lives in the stone age brother.

In regards to the conversation of the poppy fields being left alone....

I think something to consider is that next to the illegal narcotics trade in the United States, the most lucrative business in the world is the pharmaceutical drug market in the United States.

As most know, morphine, oxycontin, percacet, and vicodin are all opiate based pharmaceuticals and are among the most highly used, as well as abused drugs in the country.

Without being in the trade, I can't help but think that the opium that goes into both the illegal narcotics market and the legal pharmaceutical markets are sourced in the same places.

I don't know much but, I can't help but feel the farmer should always be left alone. Farmers mind their own business.

The CIA has been busted at least two times for dealing drugs. It is a very interesting fact that Afghanistan supplies 80% of the world's heroin. 6 months before we raided Afghanistan the Taliban outlawed poppy and started destroying the fields. Soon after we entered Afghanistan the world news reported the Americans were trafficking heroin. Our response was we did not want the Taliban to get the money. The same Taliban that had outlawed all poppy and heroin.

The CIA was busted distributing cocaine and provided the recipe for crack to fund the Iran contra scandal. Just one of the many conspiracy theories that turned out to be true.

My guess is they are back in business.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illegal_drug_trade

with Afghanistan currently being "the world's largest exporter of heroin".[24][25] In 2007, 93% of the opiates on the world market originated in Afghanistan.[26] This amounts to an export value of about $64 billion

What people don't know is that these poppy fields are controlled by afghan tribal leaders that are cooperating with the US military in eradicating the " taliban " from Afghanistan I'm sure that its part of their agreement that their cash crop is left alone for their assistance .

I believe you're right about that. But it isn't just their assistance. Countless Afghani's grow poppies, as it is their most profitable crop. If we destroy their poppy fields without helping them grow other crops that are just as profitable, we will lose what little support we have among the people. We will also be pushing very poor people into deeper poverty. That said, growing poppies for the drug trade is evil, and we should be doing all we can to change this situation.

Archived