Images Shot As 8.9-Magnitude Quake Strikes Tokyo

EdwardGlen

Please, if you are so inclined, send all your good thoughts and prayers to these poor people, and to our men and women who are already there and on the way to help, and to everyone devastated by this disaster. They need a lot of help right now, and I am devoting some of my energy right now to sending them some comfort and aid, some compassion and human kindness. Each human who so desires can join with us that are sending our thoughts, and I hope that will be every one of us here doing what little we can.tsunami.jpg090831fCaraelDevastation03.jpg

Manufacturers of schoolgirl outfits say "Market for product in shambles"!! Japan says businessmen raid streets trying to find vending machines with panties in them...

Hundreds if not thousands are dead and you, a person representing a compassion club, are making fun out of this!

Hundreds if not thousands are dead and you, a person representing a compassion club, are making fun out of this!

I didn't see it as making fun, I saw it as bringing up a point that business people were more afraid for their businesses than caring about the people.

Sb

Entire city of 70,000 washed away by the tsunami no survivors have been found as of this morning

http://inthearena.blogs.cnn.com/2011/03/11/quake/

Nuke power plant blows up it was called a hydrogen explosion other reactors are damaged also but extent no known or being released to public,

http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/nuke-plant-blows-its-top/question-1576443/

However you want to take it, it was funny a week ago its funny now...Get over your lil PC issue and its pretty funny...BTW my compassion club is located in Michigan..We are looking into how to take in donations of anything from clothes to money to send over...I keep forgetting we cant tell jokes about things in this country...Micheal Jackson was a scumbag...Until he died, now hes a saint..No more Micheal jokes!! What a farce!! That attitude is exactly what limits free speech..

U get mad at me for making a joke about some of Japans sexual perversions, yet I bet you sat and watched the half drooling newscaster trip over themselves describing terrible scene after terrible scene..By mid day they even had theme songs for this disaster before each news segment..By afternoon and evening they had talked it so far into the ground that their fake concern and sadness turned into a ridiculous "How can we fix this?" parade. Expert after expert droning on about this disaster because as long as they talk about it they get good ratings..

Yet I am a scum for a simple joke or two rofl...

However you want to take it, it was funny a week ago its funny now...Get over your lil PC issue and its pretty funny...BTW my compassion club is located in Michigan..We are looking into how to take in donations of anything from clothes to money to send over...I keep forgetting we cant tell jokes about things in this country...Micheal Jackson was a scumbag...Until he died, now hes a saint..No more Micheal jokes!! What a farce!! That attitude is exactly what limits free speech..

U get mad at me for making a joke about some of Japans sexual perversions, yet I bet you sat and watched the half drooling newscaster trip over themselves describing terrible scene after terrible scene..By mid day they even had theme songs for this disaster before each news segment..By afternoon and evening they had talked it so far into the ground that their fake concern and sadness turned into a ridiculous "How can we fix this?" parade. Expert after expert droning on about this disaster because as long as they talk about it they get good ratings..

Yet I am a scum for a simple joke or two rofl...

Great representative of a "compassion club". Your members must be so proud.

No it is about your insensitivity to human life.

I'm guessing thats not the only reason.

EXCUSE ME? Insensitivity to human life? When did I say I was glad this happened and that I was glad that people are dead? This is the same overreaction that gets people fired from radio, television and jobs...I told some Japanese panty machine jokes!! Get over yourselves..Soooo dramatic, like being at a friggin soap opera set rofl..Everything thing I said is factual as far as school girls and the machines! Get over yourselves for real

Great representative of a "compassion club". Your members must be so proud.

As I said get over yourself...My compassion club, it will help people...What were you planning by the way? I mean other than watching all the dramatic intros they concoct on the news and shaking your head? Let me know I will be thrilled to hear it! :) Have a great day!

EXCUSE ME? Insensitivity to human life? When did I say I was glad this happened and that I was glad that people are dead? This is the same overreaction that gets people fired from radio, television and jobs...I told some Japanese panty machine jokes!! Get over yourselves..Soooo dramatic, like being at a friggin soap opera set rofl..Everything thing I said is factual as far as school girls and the machines! Get over yourselves for real

You think the only way to be insensitive is to say you are glad it happened? That alone speaks loudly to your capacity to show empathy. Perhaps you should check your own ego before suggesting others "get over" themselves.

You think the only way to be insensitive is to say you are glad it happened? That alone speaks loudly to your capacity to show empathy. Perhaps you should check your own ego before suggesting others "get over" themselves.

ROFL I love your distraction techniques you should run for president..You did not call me insensitive, you said "insensitivity to human life" Show me where that happened in my comment..For real I am the one with the ego though, your are apparently so caught up in your grief you forgot what you said..I love it keep going it is great...I also like the part how you ignored that I am currently trying to take in items and cash to help with the aid relief through my club..I like how that was just blatantly ignored..

I have the ego though ..I LOOOOOVE it.....Don't forget to show me my comment where I illustrated that insensitivity to human life that you claim I showed...Can't wait to see it

As I said get over yourself...My compassion club, it will help people...What were you planning by the way? I mean other than watching all the dramatic intros they concoct on the news and shaking your head? Let me know I will be thrilled to hear it! :) Have a great day!

Our church took up a collection of $1200.00 to send to the Red Cross in care of the Japanese people and,

I was going to continue helping in the fight to keep CC's like yours open but after your display of immaturity, lack of compassion, I'm done.

They could board yours up tomorrow and I could give a rats arse. I don't have to be compassionate to a building or a club just patients, ya know people!

Its patients first and always with me and that's what I am going to protect with all I got.

I've spent days calling politicians in Lansing and sending out e mails defending CC's as a place of compassion for everyone to join not just patients or caregivers but no more.

I will fight to maintain the current patient/caregiver system and that's it.

I'm sure the other CC's are proud of how you represent them in the public's eye and oh by the way,

I'm sure Lansing is just loving all your posts, you're doing their job for them finding reasons to shut you down!

how did this thread become a thread over CCs? I know Edward is not going to stop defending legitimate CCs, and Issortalegal (it IS legal) is probably not going to stop running their CC - but did WE need this?

Posts can be reedited, discussions can be continued in PM, or even IRC.

If BOTH of you guys were serious about the MMMP and its future for EVERYONE, you would have put that first when you responded in this thread.

You are right, this thread only gave ammunition to those that want proof that the MMMP needs more government intervention, that we are out of control and unable to help ourselves.

Is it ego, fear, or business competition? - it was not compassion for the MMMP.

-DN

how did this thread become a thread over CCs? I know Edward is not going to stop defending legitimate CCs, and Issortalegal (it IS legal) is probably not going to stop running their CC - but did WE need this?

Posts can be reedited, discussions can be continued in PM, or even IRC.

If BOTH of you guys were serious about the MMMP and its future for EVERYONE, you would have put that first when you responded in this thread.

You are right, this thread only gave ammunition to those that want proof that the MMMP needs more government intervention, that we are out of control and unable to help ourselves.

Is it ego, fear, or business competition? - it was not compassion for the MMMP.

-DN

None of those three accusations but always compassion for patients and I find the accusation of this being about business uncalled for.

I'm a disabled patient who can't work but would love to be able to I mean, I'm so glad I went from 50K a year to 11K a year because I tried saving someones life and I got screwed, yeah it was just a plan to go into business for myself!

That person made light of tens of thousands of dead human beings how is that showing they have compassion for a living human being. Do they make jokes about people who can't walk or breath on their own? Bet they do by what they posted here.

My final comments on this post and my final day defending CC's. If that doesn't square with the powers that be than I'm out.

I'll return to just Ed the patient looking out for Ed, other patients, and protect the current patient / caregiver system and nothing more.

None of those three accusations but always compassion for patients and I find the accusation of this being about business uncalled for.

I'm a disabled patient who can't work but would love to be able to I mean, I'm so glad I went from 50K a year to 11K a year because I tried saving someones life and I got screwed, yeah it was just a plan to go into business for myself!

That person made light of tens of thousands of dead human beings how is that showing they have compassion for a living human being. Do they make jokes about people who can't walk or breath on their own? Bet they do by what they posted here.

My final comments on this post and my final day defending CC's. If that doesn't square with the powers that be than I'm out.

I'll return to just Ed the patient looking out for Ed, other patients, and protect the current patient / caregiver system and nothing more.

you took my post as directed personally at you, this is a public forum, and my message was for everyone. The point was you started a thread about Japan's quake, and it went off topic, I was defending you if you read carefully into my words.

Your support for CCs should not tie in to a thread's performance in a public forum.

-DN

Our church took up a collection of $1200.00 to send to the Red Cross in care of the Japanese people and,

I was going to continue helping in the fight to keep CC's like yours open but after your display of immaturity, lack of compassion, I'm done.

They could board yours up tomorrow and I could give a rats arse. I don't have to be compassionate to a building or a club just patients, ya know people!

Its patients first and always with me and that's what I am going to protect with all I got.

I've spent days calling politicians in Lansing and sending out e mails defending CC's as a place of compassion for everyone to join not just patients or caregivers but no more.

I will fight to maintain the current patient/caregiver system and that's it.

I'm sure the other CC's are proud of how you represent them in the public's eye and oh by the way,

I'm sure Lansing is just loving all your posts, you're doing their job for them finding reasons to shut you down!

Well good that is truly good looks like we are on the same page..See sometimes people get caught up in emotions and tend to overreact at jokes or comments..As I stated..I in no way said something bad or hurtful, at least not in my opinion. I notice nobody was able to quote me saying something that was "insensitive to human life"...I would like to point out a persons sense of humor has nothing to do with their personal feelings on issues..Other than they may see humor in more things than other people do..Those two particular things were and still are funny to me..Dirty panty machines and bars with glass floors where the "schoolgirls" stand above and the patron look upwards and drink...LOL sorry still funny and both very popular there...

Digital Nomad

As far as this turning into a debate on CC's I was basically told that I must run a Crappy uncaring CC because of a what in my opinion were two pretty funny solid jokes..:) I just defended my cc and left it....

In the end let this be a lesson on the greatness of free speech..A simple post with two jokes in it incited anger in some people...That truly is the power of speech and we need to protect it above all else.. ;)

Archived