Why Do Sick People Stay Sick?

garyfisher

I know my Father deserves the equivalent of the " medal of honor " for what he went through in the Medical War we fight daily and the rest of my surviving family have earned countless " purple hearts " for no reason but Doctor stubbornness , status quo policy. ignorance , and neglect . The only thing I may ad as someone who was injured then had a very negative surgical outcome is my disdain for those who demean and hurt the sick , injured and disabled by assuming they are " doing something wrong " . " it's there fault they should take better care of themselves . There costing me ." People are just suffering doing the best they can . You can't legislate health or habits . Instead of finding fault causing people more stress ; if one really feel's that way help form compassion clubs that exude better diets and lead by example . Go visit a sick club member with Grandmas bean casserole to improve their diet or provide a good meal with fellowship when possible at a monthly meeting and make sure those that need it get there and have the chance to partake . There is enough suffering already for so many who cares why - people just need it eased .

I dream of a Naturapathic Hospital for Michigan and Doctors all respecting other views working together while realizing it is patients choice and the patient is always right - even when it leads to a negative outcome . That is freedom .

In a way the government is legislating the health of people. The farm subsidy bills make the worst foods for you the cheapest to eat. That's why income level is the biggest predictor for diabetes. You have to go out of your way to get away from corn and soy based foods that dominate the supermarket shelves and poor people often don't have that option.

I worked on a cardiac unit as a nurse assistant for five years. It is true, the medical science is still new, and yet they still cling to old archiac thinking.

1. Doctors are forced to make a 'clinical diagnosis' - so they can bill the insurance company. They need the quick, cheap diagnosis, so they can bill for a 'package of testing, medicines, and treatments' - even before they try it on you. If you dare to confuse a doctor with illness, ailments, that do not fit in to a 'neat, cheap' medical diagnosis and plan of care - they act like YOU are the problem, wasting their time, and generally not 'listening to your doctor' (when THEY should be listening to YOU!)

When doctors can't fit you into a neat compartment of medicine and treatment - he has to experiment on you. "Start Low, and Work it Up" is a frequent experiment they do on patients - patients that need relief NOW, not 2 weeks later. Doctors will lie to you, they feel that their entire medical credibility hinges on Doctors being infalliable. Doctors cannot be wrong, otherwise - every patient will begin to question the doctor's authority. And thats work they don't feel they should do for $100,000 a year and that nice BMW 750.

Compassion is not sold or brought. It has to be real, until people start acting real - the game will play on. people will continue to suffer, while the rich get richer.

My work experience has left me with heartbreak for many patients I met and grew to know. I stood there next to the patients while they were being denied answers or second opinions while they administered yet another new drug. Go to a hospital - and watch this - More Code Blues will happen about 5pm and 10pm - those are people dying because of a medication error. They lost the experiment.

FTW

-DN

I worked on a cardiac unit as a nurse assistant for five years. It is true, the medical science is still new, and yet they still cling to old archiac thinking.

1. Doctors are forced to make a 'clinical diagnosis' - so they can bill the insurance company. They need the quick, cheap diagnosis, so they can bill for a 'package of testing, medicines, and treatments' - even before they try it on you. If you dare to confuse a doctor with illness, ailments, that do not fit in to a 'neat, cheap' medical diagnosis and plan of care - they act like YOU are the problem, wasting their time, and generally not 'listening to your doctor' (when THEY should be listening to YOU!)

When doctors can't fit you into a neat compartment of medicine and treatment - he has to experiment on you. "Start Low, and Work it Up" is a frequent experiment they do on patients - patients that need relief NOW, not 2 weeks later. Doctors will lie to you, they feel that their entire medical credibility hinges on Doctors being infalliable. Doctors cannot be wrong, otherwise - every patient will begin to question the doctor's authority. And thats work they don't feel they should do for $100,000 a year and that nice BMW 750.

Compassion is not sold or brought. It has to be real, until people start acting real - the game will play on. people will continue to suffer, while the rich get richer.

My work experience has left me with heartbreak for many patients I met and grew to know. I stood there next to the patients while they were being denied answers or second opinions while they administered yet another new drug. Go to a hospital - and watch this - More Code Blues will happen about 5pm and 10pm - those are people dying because of a medication error. They lost the experiment.

FTW

-DN

As a child we had an old fashioned physician Dr.Carlson who practiced family medicine until he was in his 80's and he advised all his patients to "take as few pills as needed and stay away from Drs as long as possible".

Ed

Archived