Livonia Pot Bust

"Lt. Tom Goralski of the Livonia Police Department said neither suspect produced authorization as legitimate medical marijuana caregivers or patients." “We're finding people who are trying to hide under the umbrella of the medical marijuana act who actually are not under the umbrella of the law,” Goralski said. “If it's illegal, it's illegal.”

ya we really have a "umbrella" in the eyes of the law!

"Police responded and found 101 marijuana plants and some loose marijuana,"

bummer, he is going to wish he was only growing 99 plants by the time this is over with. the greed for 2 extra will cost him severely.

neither suspect produced authoriza Police confiscated the items and are seeking an arrest warrant on a 36-year-old Westland resident tion

he will have to wait for the mail just like us

How is using a vacated building to grow in, that you have no permission to be there, using the MMMA as an umbrella.... It didnt sound to me that any of them were trying to use the MMMA as a defence, not yet at least.... I love how they try to tie the illegal side with the legal side to push there contorted views on marijuana, like we never had marijuana in Michigan before the MMMA of 08.....

How is using a vacated building to grow in, that you have no permission to be there, using the MMMA as an umbrella.... It didnt sound to me that any of them were trying to use the MMMA as a defence, not yet at least.... I love how they try to tie the illegal side with the legal side to push there contorted views on marijuana, like we never had marijuana in Michigan before the MMMA of 08.....

good point i agree

Looks like someone passed the police exam with low reading comprehension and math score.

Lt. Tom Goralski of the Livonia Police Department , READ THE LAW

Individuals who have a medical marijuana card with authorization from a physician can only carry a maximum of two ounces, Goralski said. Caregivers can carry up to eight ounces.

Michigan Medical Marihuana Act

Section 333.26424 Protections for the Medical Use of Marihuana.

Sec. 4. (a) A qualifying patient who has been issued and possesses a registry identification card shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege, including but not limited to civil penalty or disciplinary action by a business or occupational or professional licensing board or bureau, for the medical use of marihuana in accordance with this act, provided that the qualifying patient possesses an amount of marihuana that does not exceed 2.5 ounces of usable marihuana, and, if the qualifying patient has not specified that a primary caregiver will be allowed under state law to cultivate marihuana for the qualifying patient, 12 marihuana plants kept in an enclosed, locked facility. Any incidental amount of seeds, stalks, and unusable roots shall also be allowed under state law and shall not be included in this amount.

(b) A primary caregiver who has been issued and possesses a registry identification card shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege, including but not limited to civil penalty or disciplinary action by a business or occupational or professional licensing board or bureau, for assisting a qualifying patient to whom he or she is connected through the department's registration process with the medical use of marihuana in accordance with this act, provided that the primary caregiver possesses an amount of marihuana that does not exceed:

(1) 2.5 ounces of usable marihuana for each qualifying patient to whom he or she is connected through the department's registration process

Section 333.26426 Administration and enforcement of rules by department.

6. Administering the Department's Rules.

(d) The department shall issue a registry identification card to the primary caregiver, if any, who is named in a qualifying patient's approved application; provided that each qualifying patient can have no more than 1 primary caregiver, and a primary caregiver may assist no more than 5 qualifying patients with their medical use of marihuana.

I carry a copy of our law with me.

Archived