Two New Bills

smokeythebear

got this in a email,

sounds like there's two new bills going on right now

1. A companion bill to SB 17 the "marijuana bar" bar bill was just introduced in the State House. Unfortunately, it contains exactly the same language contained in Senator Jones bill which the entire community, including MACC, opposed at a hearing in Lansing on March 3rd., before the Senate Health Policy Committee.

2. A second bill has been introduced in the House by Rep Marty Knollenberg R-Troy to bar anyone who has been convicted of ANY felony from being a caregiver. Our law law only prohibits persons convicted of a drug related felony from being a caregiver.

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/documents/2011-2012/billintroduced/House/htm/2011-HIB-4463.htm

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/documents/2011-2012/billintroduced/House/htm/2011-HIB-4397.htm

The latter sounds good to average people . I always felt the drug felony should of been qualified to not include anyone with only marihuana convictions as any activist could have one to several .. I feel for people whose best friend or spouse would be disqualified . I wonder if it wouldn't be better to word it to make it illegal for a caregiver to not make felony convictions known to the patient and have them sign off sending a copy when processing . Just a thought to be suggested to Legislators . A compromise that could bring drug felons with only Marijuana convictions back into the fold while being written in . It is time to bring people back into the fold with a chance of redemption as they have paid their price . A new felony conviction could be written in to deny them again until full legal penalties etc probation were fulfilled<BR><BR>If you want to control illegal grows require tags like they do in Mendocino but don't sell them for a profit to patients . They should be part of the program registry and given out one time for 12 plants until a card is destroyed with the numbers they hold removed from the registry . This is how you approach controlling illegal supply . How you make sense of multiple caregiver grows . Have a charge for lost ones and replacing registry numbers . But make them metal non decorating and if they do deteriorate exchange at no cost . Come on a grow with no tags with verifiable numbers .. - it is illegal after a card and tags have been received negating paperwork only .

No rest for the weary. (sigh). I'm not feeling well at all, hope I'll feel well enough to think of a letter. Just say why those bills are bad, put the bills on the e-mail service like we had with SB17. I have no energy, feel totally depleted, hope to feel better soon.

Sb :( too tired to growl.

No rest for the weary. (sigh). I'm not feeling well at all, hope I'll feel well enough to think of a letter. Just say why those bills are bad, put the bills on the e-mail service like we had with SB17. I have no energy, feel totally depleted, hope to feel better soon.

Sb :( too tired to growl.

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. I've been really really sick for the last 3 weeks......but I see it's letter time again!

Dizz

Teach us to pray that we may cause The enemy to flee, That we his evil power may bind, His prisoners to free.

- Watchman Nee

I suggest every single felon get a patient card if they have a qualifying condition ASAP then let the 'Lansing Lilliputians' try and take it away! Then they could use P2P transfers and still be helping a patient in a caregiver-ish capacity with-out needing the card of a CG.

For those who have paid there debt and do not have a qualifying condition but still want to help the medical cannabis community be in Lansing May 25Th make your voices be heard, stand with me and I'll stand for you!

The jury, passing on the prisoner's life, May in the sworn twelve have a thief or two Guiltier than him they try.

- William Shakespeare

Ed

We have to something, they keep messing with us, we MUST fight back. Good idea about felons. How long does someone have to suffer for past mistakes? Geesh.. This society only knows how to punish, to be compassionate is beyond them. Being compassionate makes them seem weak, but only in their eyes.

Sb

• 2 months later...

Archived