Some Thing I Read In High Times

sknkwrks

I was reading an old high times mag and i came across an artical that peaked my interests. it talked about prunning your bud as they grow to make them bigger. I dont recall it pointing out a specific strain it just said that if you trim the tips of the buds as they are growing it can cause the buds to swell and become larger some times even pineapple size. as anyone heard of this trick or has any one tried it. or just let me know what you think about it

Yes, I have heard of it. I have even seen it work. Has high times sold out? Yes, and they have come back home...... most grow books are a waste of money, 12 mags and you get all that info plus more..... but back to the orig question.

I wont suggest it, with limited numbers to work with it might not be worth it to experiment. I think what they are doing is no dif than topping, you end up with a fatter bud, but not more, just an odd shape. Instead of its normal growth pattern it will adjust for the injured top. I have yet to try it on purpose, ive just burnt a top or two, or got too medicated and fimed the wrong plant.lol

Okay, there are umpteen ways you can abuse a plant and yet it will still achieve it's genetic imperative, (survive and procreate). In the limited context and inexperience concomitant with small sample sizes you see many miraculous claims and observations. That is part and parcel of every months issue from High Times.

If you truly understand the full apical dominance scheme of the marijuana plant you will know that it is pyramidal, although the top bud controls all below, the apical bud of every branch effects all others on that branch, and the apical tip of every bud on every branch effects control of that individual bud. Nip that control anywhere along the line and you will see undifferentiated growth until a new order is achieved. In other words, you get a stall followed by larfy growth. If you like pineapple sized larfy pot that never finishes, High Times has all the latest info!

Wasn't Ed Rosenthal the editor of High Times at one time? I can clearly recall an interview with him introduced as such talking about how legalization is going to happen in this country (the grandma factor)on the radio back in '96 or so.

Okay, there are umpteen ways you can abuse a plant and yet it will still achieve it's genetic imperative, (survive and procreate). In the limited context and inexperience concomitant with small sample sizes you see many miraculous claims and observations. That is part and parcel of every months issue from High Times.

If you truly understand the full apical dominance scheme of the marijuana plant you will know that it is pyramidal, although the top bud controls all below, the apical bud of every branch effects all others on that branch, and the apical tip of every bud on every branch effects control of that individual bud. Nip that control anywhere along the line and you will see undifferentiated growth until a new order is achieved. In other words, you get a stall followed by larfy growth. If you like pineapple sized larfy pot that never finishes, High Times has all the latest info!

I think I may have just experienced this phenomenon with a Free Leonard plant. The tops got burned by a Sulfur evaporator that went out of control. The plant wouldn't finish in its usual 8 week time span. Instead, it started throwing out what appeared to be new terminal buds on top of all the old ones. It took 10 weeks to finish and it looked strange even at 10 weeks. I must say that the smoke was alright though.

Wow, great info!

Do you have a link to where I could find some more material relating to the "full apical dominance scheme of the marijuana plant "?

I've never heard of.. basically everything you said.. lol. I'm very interested and would love some more to read on it.

thanks

he could have just said plant hormones are strongest at the peak, the top most of the plant.

I still agree, mess with a plant in flower too much, it hermies because it senses an attack and needs to self-seed to move.

And what are you trimming off? every part of the leaf is being used in growth, storing sugars and nutrients, or creating energy exposed to light. Cut those off - you slow things down.

I also have to say, High Times is just a bit of candy and a little info. I mostly like the current activist news - the grow articles are generally re-canned.

-DN

Archived