Child Protective Services = Terror Threat ?

jimbojinx

"SWAT Attacks Home School Mom for Refusing to Force Med on Child

Detroit mother Maryanne Godboldo faces multiple felony charges and is being held on $500,000 bond after a 10-hour standoff with a heavily armed police SWAT team. Godboldo was protecting her 13-year-old daughter from unnecessary medication ordered by the state.

Godboldo’s daughter was born with a defective foot that required amputation of her leg below the knee, which led to Maryanne becoming a stay-at-home mother after her birth, according to Health Impact News Daily.

Despite her handicap, the child swam, sang, danced and played the piano. However, as the home schooled girl approached middle school age, she apparently wanted to start attending public school, and therefore had to “catch up” on immunizations the state insists are required under color of law.

According to her aunt, Penny Godboldo, the girl suffered an adverse reaction to the immunizations. “She began acting out of character, being irritated, having facial grimaces that have been associated with immunizations,” Penny told the Detroit News.

Maryanne Godboldo sought help from the Children’s Center, an organization claiming to help families with at-risk children. Godboldo told relatives the medications ordered by the doctor worsened symptoms, including behavioral problems.

When Godboldo refused to give her child the prescribed medication, Child Protective Services became involved. CPS obtained a warrant to remove the girl, but Maryanne reportedly refused to surrender the child to the state.

Police claimed Godboldo discharged a firearm in her apartment during the stand-off and that is when the SWAT team was called in.

Maryanne’s attorney, Allison Folmar, claims her client never shot at police in a report in the Voice of Detroit, which reports that the police sent the “Detroit Special Response Team (SRT) officers who descended on the home with a tank and assault weapons. Video footage shows individual officers staking out the house, taking cover behind trees with their weapons, as in a military operation,” reports Health Impact Daily News.

The Detroit News reports that Godboldo has an excellent reputation in her community, and during the 10 hour standoff many people from the community offered to help with the negotiations, including ministers and community activists.

Wayne Circuit Judge Deborah Thomas finally convinced Maryanne to surrender with a promise her daughter would be turned over to a relative. Family members, however, say the girl was grabbed by the state regardless of the promise............".

Unfortunately, this type of heavy-handed action does NOTHING to heal the huge racial divide which exists in this country.

It is bound to increase contempt for the Law.....and ANOTHER Mother is criminalized !!!!!

http://www.prisonplanet.com/swat-attacks-home-school-mom-for-refusing-to-force-med-child.html

What does this have to do with race? my family was investigated by cps so they are racist? if so id like to file a law suite,,,can any one steer a poor white guy to a good discrimination attny? :rolleyes:

peace

FTW

Jim

Yeah, maybe the mom was a Gay/Mexican/Haitian mix. Who knows, who cares.

CPS usually sucks, though. Sad that they don't first try to find a relative to put those kids with before resorting to a foster home where they'll most likely be sexually abused by an older foster kid.

Guest knucklehead bob

I think the sad part is parents being forced by the Govt. to shove drugs/chemicals down their kids throats or injected in their bodies . How is that freedom of choice ?................................................................................................ Your child has to take these drugs OR ELSE ! We don't care if it kills them . It's for their own good .

I agree with Bob (knucklehead bob) its pathetic that they tell us literally EVERY aspect of our lives.. regulate the very same and crap on us if we dont comply... as for cps i have not even one good word about them... they are supposed to be set up for the better welfare of children in dire need of it who were unfortunately unlucky enough to be born into some stupid pathetic excuse for a parents life and home.. but they take it where you yell at your child and its abuse.. you spank your child instant taking the child from the home if they hear that.. My parents were told (when they were fighting with the cps over my teenage sister who was running the streets getting into toruble) amongst other lists of items that spanking a child is considered child abuse and if done can have reprecussions! According to the idiot workers sent over to check on us all said that you have to sit your child down and talk with them about their actions.. yeah that works when the child tells you to f off - becomes violent towards you etc.. looong story short.. they are a joke. yet another waste of our tax dollars.. it started out with the right idea but has since been blown out of proportion... I mean seriously if spanking a child is child abuse and reprecussions could be done then hells bells I was beaten my whole life!!!!! As were my parents and even my grandparents.. Wow we all were raised in "Abusive" homes because I know my family was firm on spankings if you stepped out of line.. esp with the tree switches ouch! im sure many can remember grampa or grandma saying go get a switch.. well they were abusing us didnt you know..

CPS IS A JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As is DHS as is MICHIGAN Works as is our govt in general... One thing i will forever remember and is one of my favorite sayings of all time.. "You think you can trust the govt? Go ask an Indian!" Not a single treaty written by our so called forefathers was ever upheld and if they had been it was discustingly contorted to fit into what the officials wanted! This has carried on since then! No change! And its sickening!

I worry about CPS. I worry more about parents like Mary Ann Godboldo that woman aint right and neither are people that she has aligned herself with.

Jim, I don't worry about you, you're probably a decent dad, probably a riot sometimes, probably a jerk others.

Well Thank You I resemble that aqusation! :goodjob:

It is realy scary to have cps investigate you,,,but if you have nothing to hide like we didnt,,,than it will be over soon,,and the person that reported you wont get as much mileage with their complaints next time!

Thank you for your comments, yes I spoil them but expect them to do their fair share! ( i love kids even yours, i like to coach baseball and soccer) kids and dogs make me feel realy good about myself!

Peace

Jim

I will not write profusely on facts we are already aware of....BUT remember, especially in this case, there is more to a story than what is portrayed in the media. This case sounds like CPS workers are doing something unjust, but perhaps if all the circumstances were shared in this article, ones opinion of things may be different.

I KNOW there are many cases where people are investigated unjustly, but investigation and removal are VERY different things!! Do you truly believe the state system wants everyones children? They do not even have enough foster workers to keep up with the load as it is. (although that is a totally different rant-as I believe much of that is their own fault) Not to mention children with "special needs" cost the state money its not fond of parting with in the first place and many children arriving in foster care are indeed classified with "special needs". 99% of all cases investigated stem from a report, CPS does not just randomly choose "John Smith" to go visit today to make sure he is not abusing/neglecting his children.

I will not claim that every person working within CPS is going to be fair and just. BUT the goal of every removal is to reunite families. If people would comply with simple measures, many times they could avoid removal! I am not saying to allow them to dictate what kind of medicine to give a kid or to say you are not allowed in anyway to discipline a child. Lets think for a moment. How many of us enjoy watching children be harmed. I would hope absolutely none of us. There are very sick people who walk among us that believe in extreme measures. Perhaps several have issues stemming from abuse themselves or have mental issues, but do we make the children pay because of that? I have cried over more than one child, that deserved so much better than what they were dealt. Children are so innocent and trusting, it is our job as a parent/relative to make sure we protect them! If parents aren't going to protect their children, the job HAS TO be given to someone that can!!!

When you see a little boy desperately trying to keep his shoes on because he has burns on his feet from being forced to put out cigars with them, but is too scared to let anyone see. When you see infants whose brain developement have been forever delayed due to neglect. When you see toddlers whose bodies are covered in bites from months and months of being fed on by scabies. When you see a 6 year old boy who believes that playing with his behind is everyday "play". When you see a "normally developing" 6 year old still in diapers. When you see a 7 year old that is responsible for his 3 younger siblings, including meal preparation. WHen you see a child who is 2 years old that is still not being fed anything but milk in a bottle.

Are you to look blindly the other way and accept it, because it is done by the parent? A parent who is supposed to love, nurture, protect and guide. Personally, I could not live with myself!!

I agree that CPS can overstep the "line" in certain cases, but please remember they do have a purpose!! Who protects the children when there parents won't/don't/can't???

I have very personal reasons to defend some of CPS's actions and have seen many injustices firsthand....there is good that can come forth from CPS, not every county or every worker is bad. Some have really big hearts and they are only trying to do what any person with logical reasoning would do....PROTECT innocent babies/children when the parents do not. I know sometimes things are carried too far and innocent parents get charged with things unjust, just like any part of our "legal system"....but lets not forget all the children that were indeed protected by the very same actions!!

OK, so a long time ago in an alternate universe I tried over 100 CPS (a/k/a abuse neglect) cases.

In almost every case the CPS worker was a first rank professional with an extremely difficult job that pays squat.

That said, CPS is like Law Enforcement everywhere. Look at the fiasco from the TSA! They are freacking Nazi stormtroopers! Give anyone power to control you- search you at the airport, tell you how to raise you kid, bar you from taking a harmless drug, whatever- and they WILL abuse the power.

Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. LEO is becoming more and more powerful as our rights become less and less important. It is not to the point yet- but it is certainly heading in that direction very very fast- when the best advice for the citizen when the stormtroopers attack is to aim for the head. Remember, they are wearing bullet proof armor and they can't kill all of us!

Northerngal: Nice rendition of the good that CPS does do. Unfortunately, like marijuana prohibition the problem is to much government! 7 y/o's taking care of the family? 5 y/o's getting nothing but milk in bottle? OF COURSE we don't look the other way! The point is in a NORMAL society where people don't look to the government first, last and always these things just don't happen! Grandma or the Aunt slaps the mom upside the head and sets her straight.

These examples you gave are all about neglect caused by stupid parents. Here's an idea: Instead of ripping the kids out of the home where they are MORE likely to be sexually assaulted or injured in the crowded foster care system, how about educating these rubes on proper child care practices.

And it is NOT correct the State has no incentive to pull kids out of the home. They get ALL KINDS OF FEDERAL MONEY every single time they pull a kid. There is a HUGE incentive and it is NOT the best interest of the child (usually).

What right does the State have to demand a child be given a schedule II highly addictive and pretty dangerous amphetamine stimulant? My kid can be a brat. I bet if I stuck a vaporized balloon in his mouth he would be a LOT more manageable...

Hmm, I wonder if CPS would react the same way if I wanted to give my kid what i thought was appropriate medication as they do when the almighty school psychologists demands speed for a kid to make him easier to handle? I would guess the jack-booted thugs would be kicking down the door in hours......

I will not write profusely on facts we are already aware of....BUT remember, especially in this case, there is more to a story than what is portrayed in the media. This case sounds like CPS workers are doing something unjust, but perhaps if all the circumstances were shared in this article, ones opinion of things may be different.

I KNOW there are many cases where people are investigated unjustly, but investigation and removal are VERY different things!! Do you truly believe the state system wants everyones children? They do not even have enough foster workers to keep up with the load as it is. (although that is a totally different rant-as I believe much of that is their own fault) Not to mention children with "special needs" cost the state money its not fond of parting with in the first place and many children arriving in foster care are indeed classified with "special needs". 99% of all cases investigated stem from a report, CPS does not just randomly choose "John Smith" to go visit today to make sure he is not abusing/neglecting his children.

I will not claim that every person working within CPS is going to be fair and just. BUT the goal of every removal is to reunite families. If people would comply with simple measures, many times they could avoid removal! I am not saying to allow them to dictate what kind of medicine to give a kid or to say you are not allowed in anyway to discipline a child. Lets think for a moment. How many of us enjoy watching children be harmed. I would hope absolutely none of us. There are very sick people who walk among us that believe in extreme measures. Perhaps several have issues stemming from abuse themselves or have mental issues, but do we make the children pay because of that? I have cried over more than one child, that deserved so much better than what they were dealt. Children are so innocent and trusting, it is our job as a parent/relative to make sure we protect them! If parents aren't going to protect their children, the job HAS TO be given to someone that can!!!

When you see a little boy desperately trying to keep his shoes on because he has burns on his feet from being forced to put out cigars with them, but is too scared to let anyone see. When you see infants whose brain developement have been forever delayed due to neglect. When you see toddlers whose bodies are covered in bites from months and months of being fed on by scabies. When you see a 6 year old boy who believes that playing with his behind is everyday "play". When you see a "normally developing" 6 year old still in diapers. When you see a 7 year old that is responsible for his 3 younger siblings, including meal preparation. WHen you see a child who is 2 years old that is still not being fed anything but milk in a bottle.

Are you to look blindly the other way and accept it, because it is done by the parent? A parent who is supposed to love, nurture, protect and guide. Personally, I could not live with myself!!

I agree that CPS can overstep the "line" in certain cases, but please remember they do have a purpose!! Who protects the children when there parents won't/don't/can't???

I have very personal reasons to defend some of CPS's actions and have seen many injustices firsthand....there is good that can come forth from CPS, not every county or every worker is bad. Some have really big hearts and they are only trying to do what any person with logical reasoning would do....PROTECT innocent babies/children when the parents do not. I know sometimes things are carried too far and innocent parents get charged with things unjust, just like any part of our "legal system"....but lets not forget all the children that were indeed protected by the very same actions!!

I agree with a small amount of what you say, but for the most part... I disagree.

I too have had personal contact with CPS during a drawn out custody battle.

When CPS was called to do their job, not once, or even twice but 3 times,

they did NOTHING! We won custody, which the Judge decided upon my

testimony and that of the child's wishes. Even though we had custody of

said child, his mother and I remained on friendly terms and she told me

once she was clean how grateful that custody went the way it did and

that I stepped up to care for her son.

If CPS had done it's job her son would have been removed from a

home where junkies came to shoot up, where used needles were lying

around common place. He had been jabbed in the foot several times

when he wasn't paying close attention, once was inside of the car.

CPS still did not even do an investigation.

This is a gov entity that does as they choose.

Yes there are some good and some bad no matter what group we talk of.

In speaking with our lawyer about CPS, the horrors and misdeeds of this

institution were brought to light. I would never call CPS.

Why CPS was created is noble. The reality of how they carry out

protecting children is far from the original purpose.

imho, they now have too much unchecked and ill begotten power.

This is not a personal attack northerngal. I respect your posts.

This is just my personal experience with them and obviously differs from yours.

As for the original posted story...

none of us know anything other than what the media has put forth.

2 sides to every story and somewhere in between is the truth.

That truth is never in the media. Sensationalism is the name of their gain (oh, game).

again... jmo

yes when cps is called it usualy is because there was some type of report! my lady's ex reported us,,I cant even begin to think what he thought he would get from this other than looking bad himself, and putting kids he claims to love thru something they loathed,

on the other hand,,myself and my family, brother and his wife, sis and her hubby my mom and dad we were sitting around talking of one of my brother grandchild, and how they think she mite be being mentaly and physicly(she lost alot of wieght) abused, we all said some one needs to call and make sure the 6 yr old is ok! everyone agreed, no one called,,,,we had to bury that litlle sweet girl 2 months ago, and the autopsy reports are not back yet!

if you think something is wrong it is our duty to make sure the kids are safe,,,,family may have gotten mad at us,,but a little girl may be alive today if one of us would have done something a few short months ago!

Dont let this feeling happen to you! and dont let some one you love die becuase you didnt want some one to be mad at you!

Peace

FTW

Jim

edit=sometimes alot of things happen at the same time and can make one very depressed and angry at the world or themselves!

Archived