Am I Going Down The Right Path?

Im starting my first Michigan Medical Marijuana grow and was hoping on some insight on wether if going down the right road. I have a 10x10 bedroom in a mobile home that im buying for the sole purpose of growing. im lining the walls with with black and white poly, ripping the carpet up and putting down linoleum flooring. For clones im building an aero cloner, Veg i will also use aero veg unit. All veg will be under T5 lighting. For Flower im building a aero table 4 rail 3 pots per rail for a total of 12. im going to build the frame for both of them as one unit, side by side but using 2 resevoirs, 1 per every 2 rails. I wanted to keep it seperate so i could run two strains and or experementing with different feeding schedules/concotions. I will be using the Botanicare nutes in all resevoirs now to try and simplify things for a few grows then i will try changing things in the other resevoir. i have a 100 gpd R/O filter to keep the water in check. for testing meters i have the blue lab trunchun stick and a EcoTester for PH. Im putting a Single Raptor hood (600w Lumatek 240v w/ Sun Pulse MH 3k bulb) with an 8" C.A.P. inline fan to draw the heat away from the light. Im drawing air in from another room and exausting out through the attic, so im not sucking the CO2 through my lights. im keeping the room pretty much sealed up except for my fresh air intake being brought in by a 6" C.A.P. fan with a hepa filter on it drawn in from another room. For exaust /scrubbing im using the 39" X 8" Phat carbon filter. Intake and exaust will be controlled by the same timer to come on for 2 min. every 45-60 min. Thats until i get CO2 then it will exaust every 15 minutes, for 2 min. Im still trying to figure out what i want to do for temp. and humidity control. I live in Michigan so we get every possible weather condition here. summers can be hot and humid and the winter months are very cold and dry. so i was thinking to start everything with an active air A/C unit controlled by a CAP TMP-DNe. For Humidity i was thinking about going with the CAP HUM-1 connected to a active air de-humidifier and a humidifier of some sorts. any1 here know of a good one??? thats pretty much the system so far, except i also have Dutch Masters Liquid Light and Saturator for folliar spray. Of course this wont be the set up forever as grow rooms always evolve after every harvest until its perfected. any1 see anything wrong with this setup??? i wanted to find out before i set everything up . thanks any input would be appreciated.

yea i guess i left that part out. im upgrading all of the elctrical in the room. i will be running 240v into the room and adding another circut box also. there will be all new upgraded wiring also. there will be 4 15 gallon resevoirs two in one room a few feet apart and the same for the other room. the one thing that has me worried at this point is the temp humidity control and the fact that it will consume 120 gallons of water everytime i do a water change on all res.

Im starting my first Michigan Medical Marijuana grow and was hoping on some insight on wether if going down the right road. I have a 10x10 bedroom in a mobile home that im buying for the sole purpose of growing. im lining the walls with with black and white poly, ripping the carpet up and putting down linoleum flooring. For clones im building an aero cloner, Veg i will also use aero veg unit. All veg will be under T5 lighting. For Flower im building a aero table 4 rail 3 pots per rail for a total of 12. im going to build the frame for both of them as one unit, side by side but using 2 resevoirs, 1 per every 2 rails. I wanted to keep it seperate so i could run two strains and or experementing with different feeding schedules/concotions. I will be using the Botanicare nutes in all resevoirs now to try and simplify things for a few grows then i will try changing things in the other resevoir. i have a 100 gpd R/O filter to keep the water in check. for testing meters i have the blue lab trunchun stick and a EcoTester for PH. Im putting a Single Raptor hood (600w Lumatek 240v w/ Sun Pulse MH 3k bulb) with an 8" C.A.P. inline fan to draw the heat away from the light. Im drawing air in from another room and exausting out through the attic, so im not sucking the CO2 through my lights. im keeping the room pretty much sealed up except for my fresh air intake being brought in by a 6" C.A.P. fan with a hepa filter on it drawn in from another room. For exaust /scrubbing im using the 39" X 8" Phat carbon filter. Intake and exaust will be controlled by the same timer to come on for 2 min. every 45-60 min. Thats until i get CO2 then it will exaust every 15 minutes, for 2 min. Im still trying to figure out what i want to do for temp. and humidity control. I live in Michigan so we get every possible weather condition here. summers can be hot and humid and the winter months are very cold and dry. so i was thinking to start everything with an active air A/C unit controlled by a CAP TMP-DNe. For Humidity i was thinking about going with the CAP HUM-1 connected to a active air de-humidifier and a humidifier of some sorts. any1 here know of a good one??? thats pretty much the system so far, except i also have Dutch Masters Liquid Light and Saturator for folliar spray. Of course this wont be the set up forever as grow rooms always evolve after every harvest until its perfected. any1 see anything wrong with this setup??? i wanted to find out before i set everything up . thanks any input would be appreciated.

sounds like you told every thing but the adress! so share please! Ill come see ya in about 90 days eh bro! lol

yup make sure your electrical can handle the load,,sounds like you got it goin good!

Id say your going down the right road!

Peace

FTW

Jim

Have you grown aeroponic style before, or done much cannabis growing? If not I would be nervous about that style of growing, and it's associated increased risk of problems. I haven't grown aeroponically, but it does seem much more sensitive to temperatures, water conditions (spray method, droplet size, temperature, ...) and time (things go wrong fast and need to be fixed fast).

Not trying to shoot down your plan before you even try it, but maybe a few backup plants in soil, promix, hempy buckets could provide some insurance in case of a crop failure.

Have you grown aeroponic style before, or done much cannabis growing? If not I would be nervous about that style of growing, and it's associated increased risk of problems. I haven't grown aeroponically, but it does seem much more sensitive to temperatures, water conditions (spray method, droplet size, temperature, ...) and time (things go wrong fast and need to be fixed fast).

Not trying to shoot down your plan before you even try it, but maybe a few backup plants in soil, promix, hempy buckets could provide some insurance in case of a crop failure.

I was wondering the same thing, parts of the formula seem "off". (light's too small, fan's too large) I too, recommend the simplicity of soil to beginners and small rooms. The lure of the dro is the darkside...

this is my first grow ever!!! i want to make sure everything is perfect BEFORE i start. i hear ya ive been thinking of doing a couple in coco and adding another light just for those. im going to keep a couple DWC buckets and air stones just in case things go south for a plant or two. if that happens i can try and tranplant if they are not too far gone. the system im using is Stinkbuddies DIY aero. i know of a few people around here getting great results with minimal hassle. im hoping it will work out if not i will try again or someting else. im in it for the long haul!! i will do whatever it takes to grow the holy grail.ive been heavily researching the cultivation of this great plant for about a year and a half now and i still feel like im just scratching the surface. the most info i have recieved was on the forums. they are great, so much info it makes my head spin. thanks for every ones input so far. i did have another question regarding ventilation.

For my first few grows i will be without any CO2 but im building my garden to support it in a few cycles. ive been told and read a few different ways of going with ventilation. Ive read "The Bible" by Jorge and others claim that i will need a fresh air intake for growing cannibis. to me that makes sense, get rid of old stale air and replace with fresher air. I looked what a few people were doing and the facts that supported thier doings. Looking at some different articles on CO2 it showed that in a 10x10x8 room, Plants can consume the 1200ppm of CO2 provided in 15min or so. Thats what made me think to fill the room to 1200ppm wait 15 minutes , evac the room for 2min, then fill it back up to 1200ppm.

Others, have said dont use any type of intake, a sealed room with constant air scrubbing and keep the CO2 @ 1200ppm at all times. im thinking the constant scrubbing would be sucking the CO2 right out of the room before the plant has time to consume it.

I have also seen the equipment to run your ventilation via a thermostat. there are so many products on the market and different ways of growing things can get confusing really quick. how can a newbie tell witch route to go?

I was wondering the same thing, parts of the formula seem "off". (light's too small, fan's too large) I too, recommend the simplicity of soil to beginners and small rooms. The lure of the dro is the darkside...

i went overkill on the fans and underkill on the lights is because its a mobile home. those things are like tin cans in the summer. i figured since my first few cycles are in the summer months it would be best to play it safe. i have been told more times than one to go with a 1000w setup, but i know someone that uses 600w with amazing results. i just want big, dense, crystal encrusted buds!!!

sorry all! Im not even reading the rest of the resoponses, Hydro is eaier than dirt, take it from an old school grower, dont freak out,,use common sense, dont over feed and make the room as close to mother nature as you can,,including wind(fans) ..fressh air and lite,,,other than that, the nutes can be adjusted quickly,,,keep the critters away and use common sense, ; act like its a tomatoe plant or a rose bush,,,dont freak! It is so much easier to maintain a good food and water regimine with hydro than dirt all yr long(acept for a good ole out door grow) check out bubble growers journals, it dont take a rocket scientist or a bubble grower to grow top shelf meds.....

Have some fun with it!

Peace

FTW

Jim

i went overkill on the fans and underkill on the lights is because its a mobile home. those things are like tin cans in the summer. i figured since my first few cycles are in the summer months it would be best to play it safe. i have been told more times than one to go with a 1000w setup, but i know someone that uses 600w with amazing results. i just want big, dense, crystal encrusted buds!!!

most of us went with the 1000's and most of us learned that we can put 600's to better use than 1000's, read about it, depending on your room size it is usualy more benefictial to go with the 600's than 1000's ,,,,,

I seen something the other day that said cali was the best weed growing place in the world,,,,,check out Great Brittan( europe) they been using lights longer than us, and have the statistics! and some of the best strains in the world!

Peace

FTW

Jim

There needs to be balance. A lot of your 600 watts are going to disappear down those 8 inch holes in either end of the reflectors. The air pressure (either push/pull) is going to be difficult to contain, and there will be leaks, high pressure leaks. You could use 4inch pipe, 6 would be large enough for when you man-up to a 1k. If you want "big, dense,crystal encrusted buds", 1000 watts leads the cheat-sheet list.

I would think twice about filling up with co2 every 15 minutes, exhaust it all, then fire it up again! Do you know how much heat that will put in your space? It is like having a 1000w bulb going all the time. If you are using co2, do a sealed room. Intake & exhaust is the way to go if you DON'T use co2, but you don't need fresh air if you are using co2. Try sealed room. Plus, you won't be bringing in bugs from outside.

You can still run air through your lights and be sealed. Duct tape around glass, use velcro or zippers on doorways. Air conditioning is the most important thing to have though. Invest in a mini split air conditioner with inverter, those can be used in low ambient temps, so when it is cold outside, it will still work. Dehumidifiers run when lights are out.

I would also think twice about aero for your first grow. If anything goes wrong, plant dies quickly. Ebb and flow is more forgiving. I started with ebb n gro buckets, and they are really easy to use, grow bigger plants, plus just one reservoir. Since you are restricted on plant numbers, why not go with bigger plants.

Archived