Dte Energy Mich Con Inspections?

I just picked up the mail and found this "inspection" card in my mailbox from DTE asking me to allow entry into my home if my meter is inside my home which mine isn't thank god but just fair warning to other patients and caregivers who are DTE MICH CON customers . :mellow:

In westland our gas meter was inside. Once every year or two they wanted to see for themselves instead of taking your word. I WOULDN'T let them in for FIVE YEARS. If they caught me home I'd say I was just a guest. They put my bill on estimate. After I finely let them in I had a 1600 credit

They are all switching the meters over to so-called Smart Meters and need acces to the meter; not just the remote readout some of them have.

After they install the new meter check the area around the meter box for the next few days to make sure nothing is getting hot.

There have been several fires caused by the new units if they are faulty in some manner I am not privy to or possibly just installed incorrectly. The utilities were not acknowledging the problem last I read about it a few months back.

Mine was switched earlier this year. The day they came to the neighborhood to change the meters they came to the door and warned us they would need ten minutes in a while so we could shut down computers, etc. The power was off way less than 10 minutes for my place.

DTE came to my house two months ago to inspect my meter because of the drastic increase in use. I told them we had two LCD/HD TV's, two computers, and our clothes dryer is electric and my girlfriend and kid had moved in with me.

My garden room is on same side of home as the meter and an observant person would of noticed the aroma but I don't think this cat did. They've never been back and I'm not worried about them calling LEO, I ain't scared no more.

I'm well with-in the guidelines and if they want to come they will anyway and I accept that and will deal with-it then, right now I'm to sick and hurt to friggin much to be worried.

Acceptance is not submission; it is acknowledgement of the facts of a situation. Then deciding what you're going to do about it.

- Kathleen Casey Theisen

Ed

Guest knucklehead bob

Regardless of where the meter is , a persons garden should not encompass any Utility into their house . These are things that are subject to uh-oh & oh shizzle when the Water Dept.or Gas man has to come in to replace your malfunctioning Meter & you have to move everything . Granted , Meter is read from outside , but the sender/valve is inside where I'm at .

Regardless of where the meter is , a persons garden should not encompass any Utility into their house . These are things that are subject to uh-oh & oh shizzle when the Water Dept.or Gas man has to come in to replace your malfunctioning Meter & you have to move everything . Granted , Meter is read from outside , but the sender/valve is inside where I'm at .

Not everyone lives in MC Mansions :mellow:

All my bedrooms away from my furnace room are occupied and i don't care how sealed your room is and how good your filtration setup is your growing you let any service person in your home your exposing yourself as a grower and in this current enviroment regardless if your within the law they force you to pay thousands to prove it in kangaroo court. :notfair:

Ok here is the deal DTE employees are not allowed to inform on anything they see unless it is a direct threat to their life. They are not allowed to notify the authorities about anything they see. This is for their safety if they inform, the next person entering that home may not come out. I have it on good authority I have only heard of one time Leo was called and that was due to a young child was chained to a wall in a basement. The tech that went in called from a pay phone and got a verbal warning for doing so. However don't push you luck. The new meters are designed so the people stealing can't do it anymore. If you used a large enough magnet on the old school meters the meter would slow down and show less gas usage. So the new design is a direct attempt to stop this practice.

Ok here is the deal DTE employees are not allowed to inform on anything they see unless it is a direct threat to their life. They are not allowed to notify the authorities about anything they see.

That doesn't preclude some good high school dare dad / DTE employee from making an anonymous tip right?

I wouldnt allow anybody into my home without a court order.

Excuse me ...................can some one point me to the exit of this 900 sq. ft. mansion ..............:lol: .

Just saying bro i have very little space to grow here daughters back from her year off from life my sister in law let her apartment go so that leaves me really not many options as far as space so the best location is yes you guessed it right in my stinking basement laundry /furnace room but i do love the convenience of it being far out of site from visitors . :mellow:

We have about that much here too 958 square feet but with a finished basement . :thumbsu:

Ok here is the deal DTE employees are not allowed to inform on anything they see unless it is a direct threat to their life. They are not allowed to notify the authorities about anything they see. This is for their safety if they inform, the next person entering that home may not come out. I have it on good authority I have only heard of one time Leo was called and that was due to a young child was chained to a wall in a basement. The tech that went in called from a pay phone and got a verbal warning for doing so. However don't push you luck. The new meters are designed so the people stealing can't do it anymore. If you used a large enough magnet on the old school meters the meter would slow down and show less gas usage. So the new design is a direct attempt to stop this practice.

I had a friend that works for DTE reading meters. He has turned in a number of growers that he has seen their plants in a garage or basement. He is a recreational smoker. I no longer associate with him.

Smart meters are kind of scary. The can tell when a ballast is connected and can flag 12 hr cycles. They are used to nail growers in Canada.

I had a friend that works for DTE reading meters. He has turned in a number of growers that he has seen their plants in a garage or basement. He is a recreational smoker. I no longer associate with him.

Smart meters are kind of scary. The can tell when a ballast is connected and can flag 12 hr cycles. They are used to nail growers in Canada.

They can't flag a 12 hour cycle if you have 2 smaller rooms, one is on when the other is off... switch between the 2 room so you are always on in one of them.

However I am not like that, my only hope is that by staying legal, if they do come in they leave shortly after without killing my dogs or throwing my wife to the ground.

Cedar

Oh I am sure there are some that turn in people on the dl but they are told not too. They might not any longer but when it was michcon they were told not too. I still have friends there so if I need something done I call in favors.

Oh I am sure there are some that turn in people on the dl but they are told not too. They might not any longer but when it was michcon they were told not too. I still have friends there so if I need something done I call in favors. Just had my meter replaced Tuesday and also got my furnace fixed too.

Archived