Cinderella 99 Question.

I was looking at getting some seeds or clones of this strain in a few months. I have noted that some people call it Cindy 99 as well. Are they all talking about the same strain? Where is the best source to get these from? Also is it hard to grow (ie; is it mold and disease resistant? I ask because I am a beginner.

Was also looking at Chocolope for my Sativa Selection. I have not been able to find any samples of either strain but I hear excellent things about both.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I am on the fence in this one. I have chosen my indica already. Trying to find a Sativa dom that is easy and finishes fast.

C99, Cindy, Cineralla 99, Cindy 99 all the same. She's a super strain IMO, very resistant, insanely fast, very heady high and amazing flavors leaning towards grape fruit or pineapple depending on phenotype. If you can get your hands on her you'll be very happy, Mosca seeds makes a back cross version, I dono how true it is to original Brothers grimm stock. You may want to look into some TGA Subcool seeds as well, he uses the BG strains in a lot of his crosses, probably find something well suited for your needs there. I can't comment on chocolope as I have no experience with it, I do know i've heard nothing but praise though.

Original Cinderella 99 seedstock from the Brothers Grimm has been unavailable for neigh on ten years now, that you won't be finding! Knock-offs are available at several sources with varying quality, depending on what father was used and the degree of the backcrossing. Most i see are easily recognizable as not being typical of original Cindy 99.

As to difficulty of growth, Cindy is fairly hardy, and naturally disease resistant because of it's long internal spacing and spare foliation. The Achilles heel of Cindy is it's weak and willowy stem structure, without careful management branches tend to tear away from the mainstem, and the whole plant will just bend right over at the soil line. The floral induction stretch is pure equatorial, and needs to be accounted for in advance or you will rapidly run out of headroom. Production is low, but the quality is unique and the stuff of legend.

Oh, and i wish that people who list their C99 would also declare wether it's Original or knock-off, for clarities sake!

C99, Cindy, Cineralla 99, Cindy 99 all the same. She's a super strain IMO, very resistant, insanely fast, very heady high and amazing flavors leaning towards grape fruit or pineapple depending on phenotype.

One of the unique aspects lost in the f2's available today is the sour funk underlying flavor of the Brothers Grimm stock. At the time it was described variously as a rotting fruit or flesh odor, i myself likened it to baby diarrhea (partially digested acidic lactates). There were floral and acidic fruit elements, but that lingering sour funk was unique and intrinsic to BGC.

Got my cc99 (chemdawg#4 x cinderella 99) on this board from krustydj, the leader of Berrien Compassion Club. Yield from seed at 116 days 3ounces per plant. He sent seeds and they proved to be exactly on the mark of what I needed; a no-odor grow during veg and flower, but a pungnet marijuana when the mature bud is crushed between the fingers. At the time the owner of the warehouse with skylights, a former grow himself, had specified if you have to control a strain's odor with charcoal and electric driver odor control, it's not coming in my building. I wanted to be there as it was the top floor, massive skylights. At 56 days cc99 is an average AAA med, but at 71 days a special evil changer occurs: a smoke rivaling herijuana and lemon cake. Both make my tongue numb. The quicker cloner is lemon cake at 4 days; ten for cc99. The superior revegger is lemon cake, although cc99 does lag it does eventually equal its oriignal yield. Both I found to be disease and bug resisant. For cash crop cannot beat lemon cakez: cc99 does not even compete.

At 56 days cc99 is an average AAA med, but at 71 days a special evil changer occurs: a smoke rivaling herijuana and lemon cake. Both make my tongue numb.

On occasion I like mine as long as 64 day's for poo and giggles, and it looks absolutely beautiful at that point, but you would really need to put a warning label on the bag. My personal sweet spot is the early fifties - there you get enough depth and intensity to cross most people's eyes, but still maintain the legendary and unique energy levels associated with this strain.

original C99 is garbage terrible yielder and lots of problems including being prone to PW and falling over.Try TGA for reworked C99 Subcool has been reworking C99 for some time along with other GB stock he is one of few who ever saved his GB stock when they got busted.Ive got Querkle Clones available from him but I will have some C99 Dom hybrids in the next month or so.If you dont have any luck or end up hating C99 hit me up for the rework that aims to please.

Laterz

BB

Beastie is pretty much right, esp about PM. Humidity low, even with most X's. Ordering new C99 soon, new stock for KOS is to hit HD end of the week. Its reV's line and, i believe its F3 straight up BrosGrimm.Or maybe Joey weed crosses if youre at HD. Somebody mentioned TGA, jtr has some sat phenos, but thats all I have grown there. For what its worth i have F5 jtr's now so it stays here. Mine go almost pure lemon now, not knocking tga, but keep an eye for herman there, or maybe it is just a product of my selections..idk..but ones that dont herm..dont herm

C99 wouldnt be my choice for sat grows, more for breeding sats. How about Sannies Jack? JHerer F6 or 7 now, stable as it will ever be and solid. But about 10 wks 12/12 i think. Well had to post something to get the little banner down..lol hope its helpful.

But beastie, i dont agree c99 is crap, its just quirky but very special..imo

I'm sorry, but having, knowing, and sharing C99 from the very begining, i can unequivocally state that the last two posters don't know their burro from a hole in the ground.

I totally agree treehugger. They never grew the real thing. GB? Don't ya mean BG Beastie? By the way the never got busted, they quit. lol

Those 2 guys got it all wrong. By the way Subcool didn't save any BG's stuff, he got his clones from his friends who saved them.He never bought a single Bro Grimm seed.

Thanks for the info everyone. The lore surrounding this strain has made it hard to research, and I still have yet to find a sample, not a lot of people I know like growing Sativa.I may just have to grow my own to sample it :)) . I'll be ready for her in about a month, just putting the finishing touches on my space.

Which cross was the one that had a tendancy to hermie?

How stable is the c88 c99? How does she yield? Not able to find much on her either.

:bow:

Thanks for the info everyone. The lore surrounding this strain has made it hard to research, and I still have yet to find a sample, not a lot of people I know like growing Sativa.I may just have to grow my own to sample it :)) . I'll be ready for her in about a month, just putting the finishing touches on my space.

Which cross was the one that had a tendancy to hermie?

How stable is the c88 c99? How does she yield? Not able to find much on her either.

:bow:

Original C99 was, and still is a freak of nature, and is the only plant that gives you pure sativa energy with one of the fastest finishes in the business. Many growers aspire to the sativa legend, but 12-14 week flowering cycles just don't work in an indoor environment, yet Cindy can do it in 7 weeks! However, like the landrace sativas, yield can be low without certain precautions and practices. Play with it every day and you will be well-rewarded. Leave it on drip-cycle in a room of hundreds and you will be sorely disappointed - which is the big reason that Cindy has remained an "insiders" treat over the years.

The plant itself is naturally hardy, resistant to mites, pm, and wilt. The stems are weak, and the internodes are long, you need to know how to deal with that type of plant structure to prosper with the "Precious". The BG seed was remarkably stable, only the most determined were able to self that plant.

Overall, the greatest failing of C99 is it's extreme potency, because it ruins other pot in relation. Steep your brain in Cindy for too long, and the other stuff just doesn't do it any more...

jacj the ripper/jcks cleaner i meant about hermies,unrelated to c99 but another fast sativa dom.Cindy wont hermie ever. treehugger,I well agree with you. dont know what you meant but anyway reV's c99,it is F3 BG and in stock now.or wait for mosca, joey weed, wally duck?. Or someones cut.i dont know of any other c99.

edited to link some grow info..pkease delete if its improper.

skunkmagazine.com/forum/index.php?topic=3842.0

I can help you out. My C99 is awesome and anyone that wants to argue that show up at the rally I will have plenty to share. I will be taking cuts in about a week so let me know. Peace, Afi

P.S check out my pics I have no problem getting C99 to yield either .

jacj the ripper/jcks cleaner i meant about hermies,unrelated to c99 but another fast sativa dom.Cindy wont hermie ever. treehugger,I well agree with you. dont know what you meant but anyway reV's c99,it is F3 BG and in stock now.or wait for mosca, joey weed, wally duck?. Or someones cut.i dont know of any other c99.

edited to link some grow info..pkease delete if its improper.

skunkmagazine.com/forum/index.php?topic=3842.0

Dutchgrown has the best C99 knock off seeds from my research. I know she gets a lot of flack because she makes seeds for Gypsy Nirvana but GN had a lot of C99 seeds in stock when the Brothers Grimm threw in the towel. GN gave Dutchgrown a bunch of beans to start her C99 project. That's one of the big reasons her C99 turned out so nice, she had a huge number of specimens to select breeding parents from. Real Brother Grimm 99 always cost $150 per pack. Not many folks bought more than a pack or two. I highly doubt Joey Weed bought many more than 2 or 3 packs of C99 to start his project with.

Lots of folks give Gypsy Nirvana (Seed Boutique) flack but I've never had ANY issues with them. Always got what I ordered. If you want to make sure they don't substitute write: "DO NOT SUBSTITUTE" on your order. It works with most reputable seed distributors.

By the way there is no such thing as a C99 F2, C99 was back crossed 3 times (cubed) therefore inbreeding C99's offspring does not equal F2....

The right C99 plant can produce quite well, 1.5-2 LB's per 1K HPS lamp if you grow it the way Mr Soul recommended. Flower 12-16 plants short and harvest in 50-55 days.

I made C99 knock offs and some friends and myself grew them out. The folks who never had the real thing liked the knock off's but I knew they didn't compare to the real thing. One of the reasons Soul cubed the Princess clone was to bring her to the point that knocking off would create a lessor quality offspring. There will NEVER be a perfect re-creation of C99.

Guest ODAWADANNY

original C99 is garbage terrible yielder and lots of problems including being prone to PW and falling over.Try TGA for reworked C99 Subcool has been reworking C99 for some time along with other GB stock he is one of few who ever saved his GB stock when they got busted.Ive got Querkle Clones available from him but I will have some C99 Dom hybrids in the next month or so.If you dont have any luck or end up hating C99 hit me up for the rework that aims to please.

Laterz

BB

Brothers Grimm , probably the most mysterious characters in Cannabis Lore and Legends .. Its uncertian as to what really happend to Soul and Sly , some speculate they just hung it up and quit the trade knowing the heat was on with Overgrow.com , others specualate that they were busted due to the website sting . Either way they have not resurfaced since there dissapearance and this is a Myth and Legend of Cannabis Lore folks ..

No offense to anyone and I dont mean to HIJACK , just wanted to set the facts straight here for our members .. OD

Dutchgrown has the best C99 knock off seeds from my research. I know she gets a lot of flack because she makes seeds for Gypsy Nirvana but GN had a lot of C99 seeds in stock when the Brothers Grimm threw in the towel. GN gave Dutchgrown a bunch of beans to start her C99 project. That's one of the big reasons her C99 turned out so nice, she had a huge number of specimens to select breeding parents from. Real Brother Grimm 99 always cost $150 per pack. Not many folks bought more than a pack or two. I highly doubt Joey Weed bought many more than 2 or 3 packs of C99 to start his project with.

Lots of folks give Gypsy Nirvana (Seed Boutique) flack but I've never had ANY issues with them. Always got what I ordered. If you want to make sure they don't substitute write: "DO NOT SUBSTITUTE" on your order. It works with most reputable seed distributors.

By the way there is no such thing as a C99 F2, C99 was back crossed 3 times (cubed) therefore inbreeding C99's offspring does not equal F2....

The right C99 plant can produce quite well, 1.5-2 LB's per 1K HPS lamp if you grow it the way Mr Soul recommended. Flower 12-16 plants short and harvest in 50-55 days.

I made C99 knock offs and some friends and myself grew them out. The folks who never had the real thing liked the knock off's but I knew they didn't compare to the real thing. One of the reasons Soul cubed the Princess clone was to bring her to the point that knocking off would create a lessor quality offspring. There will NEVER be a perfect re-creation of C99.

Who`s C99 did You have a t the club that I got from you ? Mine is from Mosca that I received from someone here and it is almost identical to yours. I was thinking of hitting it with some pollen I got from a pineapple smelling C88XC99 I am keeping. Does that mean backcrossing it to that male would make it less potent? Sorry for the hijack. Peace, Afi

Brothers Grimm , probably the most mysterious characters in Cannabis Lore and Legends .. Its uncertian as to what really happend to Soul and Sly , some speculate they just hung it up and quit the trade knowing the heat was on with Overgrow.com , others specualate that they were busted due to the website sting . Either way they have not resurfaced since there dissapearance and this is a Myth and Legend of Cannabis Lore folks ..

No offense to anyone and I dont mean to HIJACK , just wanted to set the facts straight here for our members .. OD

I hate to disagree with you OD but the Brothers Grimm made a public announcement on the big forums that they were taking a vacation, then they announced it was a permanent vacation.

The Brothers Grimm had their own forum at Cannabis World just like Dr. Greenthumbs has here. That's where they made the announcements I am referring to. They auctioned off a bunch of rare beans and that was it......

Who`s C99 did You have a t the club that I got from you ? Mine is from Mosca that I received from someone here and it is almost identical to yours. I was thinking of hitting it with some pollen I got from a pineapple smelling C88XC99 I am keeping. Does that mean backcrossing it to that male would make it less potent? Sorry for the hijack. Peace, Afi

Hey Affi. The C99 I had at the club (and still have) is original Brothers Grimm stock..... Paid $450 for 3 packs of Brothers Grimm C99 seeds.

"Soul" turned up in Europe recently, I was never convinced that "Sly" even really existed. Soul was smart enough to realize that his hubris and fame had put him in an untenable position vis-a-vis internet security, and got out while the getting was going.

there was a lot of risky behavior going on at the time, and a lot of people went down.

Laterz

BB

if the original c99 was garbage why would subcool or anybody else be reworking it?

Archived