Dte Saving Money On Electricity

Royal Smoke

I was looking at the DTE website trying to find out the cost of kw/hr, so I could run my lights accordingly to save on money.

I couldn't locate that.

However, I did come across this information. Has anyone ever tried this on their account? Using the Time of Day option. I looked at the Farm service, but I wouldn't want to out myself.

Looks like we could save some money if we use this option (time of day).

Clipboard01.jpg

I have my lights come on around 11:00p.m and run till 11:00a.m I haven't had them on that long (only 60 days) but right now it is UP O% bill never went up at all :)

Beware those continuous stretches of bright light, your circadian rhythms can get all messed up...

You guys aren't talking about interruptible service are you? It's from my past experience with this type of service, which also rerquired a new meter to be installed, they have the ability to "shut off" the service electronically during high usage periods such as when we are having extremely high heat indexes in the summer. My central air would not even run because it limited the power to the point it wouldn't kick on. There's a need to be cautious with grow lights because you can really screw up your crops if this has the ability to decrease the power to your lights for undetermined lengths of time. I would ask lots of questions and make sure that isn't what this is.

Dizz

You guys aren't talking about interruptible service are you? It's from my past experience with this type of service, which also rerquired a new meter to be installed, they have the ability to "shut off" the service electronically during high usage periods such as when we are having extremely high heat indexes in the summer. My central air would not even run because it limited the power to the point it wouldn't kick on. There's a need to be cautious with grow lights because you can really screw up your crops if this has the ability to decrease the power to your lights for undetermined lengths of time. I would ask lots of questions and make sure that isn't what this is.

Dizz

An interruptable service does not turn off the power supply. The utility uses a radio controlled relay to simply block the thermostat from running the a/c unit. The relay is located outside of your house next to the electric meters. But the power is always turned on.

Usually for the time of day rate a digital meter is installed which can track what time of day you are using power. This way you can be charged different rates for different times of the day.

An interruptable service does not turn off the power supply. The utility uses a radio controlled relay to simply block the thermostat from running the a/c unit. The relay is located outside of your house next to the electric meters. But the power is always turned on.

Usually for the time of day rate a digital meter is installed which can track what time of day you are using power. This way you can be charged different rates for different times of the day.

Has anybody other than PB tried this? Has it lead to significant savings?

Archived