Trouble Sleeping

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I havent been able to find a strain that helps me sleep either. But there is a pwrson on here that is going to set mw up with a clone that he says will take care of my pain and also is supposed to help me sleep. I am hoping to be able to pick it up at the end of the month if he has it ready. I know that he reads these postsvand is interestwd in helping other patients, maybe he will pm you and arrange to get you a clone too if you grow for yourself or have a caregiver that grows for you. I wish you luck, and if you find something that works for you, remember it may work for someone else too so come back here and post your findings. Thank You and Good Luck finding something.

For my whole life I have had trouble sleeping, even before all the pain (neck pain). My injury keeps making it worse lately. Even as I type this I have been up all night. Zero sleep. I have smoked about a gram of Chemdog (Katsu), ate a small brownie, and even smoked some hash oil a buddy gave to me. The pain has been numbed but sleep still wont come. A weird thing even happened a couple of times. I heard myself snore for a second, even though I was still awake...if that makes any sense.

Anyways, I was wondering if you guys may have some suggestions for myself and all the other people out there that have this problem. Maybe somebody knows a super-knock-your-donkey-out strain that I can seek out or grow. I have tried all the prescription drugs for sleep you can think of: Temazepam, Ambien , Lunesta, Klonopoin, Xanax, Ativan, Benedril, Melatonin, Various Herbal blends, Cannabis, Anti-Depressants and even wine.

I have learned to function on little sleep , and I try not to complain about it too much. I know there are people out there that have it a lot worse. But after awhile it takes a toll on me, it is not as easy as it used to be. Thanks for listening guys.

try some honey oil in your fav strain,,,bet you will sleep good that nite!

Peace

FTW

Jim

Aurora indica--the genuine, real, original aurora idica--puts 99.99% of its smokers to sleep within 45 minutes. It makes 9 o'clock in the morning, bedtime. A cross-country-trucker staple. I haven't had it in my garden for years--haven't driven truck 4 years. Good luck finding it, fakirs abound.

Aurora indica--the genuine, real, original aurora idica--puts 99.99% of its smokers to sleep within 45 minutes. It makes 9 o'clock in the morning, bedtime. A cross-country-trucker staple. I haven't had it in my garden for years--haven't driven truck 4 years. Good luck finding it, fakirs abound.

There's a vendor at the Jackson Farmers Market that had Aurora Indica. Didn't exactly make me sleep, but it made me more sleepy than any pharmacueticals that i have been given in the past ten years. Unfortunately, he sold the last of it two weeks ago, I know becuz I was going to try and get some more but he told ne he was already out. He did say that he had something of equal quality that he would be bringing to the next farmers market and he was not there last week.

This is something that researchers are just re-discovering about the earth and our relationship to it. If you break from that natural connection for too long, bad things can happen, like insomnia and many other conditions. Inflammation anyone?

My wife and I have been doing this daily for 30 minutes, and we are sleeping better and having less pain, bit by bit, on a daily basis. Hey, it is FREE, and it can't hurt, so I would try it and see what can happen. You can read this entire book online for free, I see, if you can't buy the book.

Good luck!

Try this link below.

Earthing/Grounding

Earthing_Nautilus_big.jpg

I havent been able to find a strain that helps me sleep either. But there is a pwrson on here that is going to set mw up with a clone that he says will take care of my pain and also is supposed to help me sleep. I am hoping to be able to pick it up at the end of the month if he has it ready. I know that he reads these postsvand is interestwd in helping other patients, maybe he will pm you and arrange to get you a clone too if you grow for yourself or have a caregiver that grows for you. I wish you luck, and if you find something that works for you, remember it may work for someone else too so come back here and post your findings. Thank You and Good Luck finding something.

Your sleep problems sound a lot like mine. When your insomnia and pain flare are you up ALL night, or do you get very little sleep?

Let me know if that strain works for you whatever it is. I will have some room in my garden in the next 2 weeks or so.

try some honey oil in your fav strain,,,bet you will sleep good that nite!

Peace

FTW

Jim

I do almost every night bud. Even when I am not rolling around at night on a 8/10 on the pain scale I have sleeping issues. But the oil does help. Just not all the time. Though I have found that some BHO mixed with Bubba Kush is by far superior in effectiveness than the pharmaceutical poisons I have tried , listed above.

Well, I guess that sounds too weird, and too easy, so I am sorry if you don't think it is for you. I know it has helped some close to me to sleep better and have less inflammation, and you can ask LHBri if I have been sleeping better these past few weeks since I have been grounding daily. Or you could check my post times from a few months ago to now and see that my normal sleep schedule has gotten back to much closer to normal, I believe.

Darkmatter, I wish you much luck, and may you find peace...

"Ignored by mainstream researchers, Ober went on to conduct the first study of what he now called “Earthing.” He procured some conductive fiber material bonded with wool-lined sleeping pads attached to grounding wire, then rounded up 60 volunteers. The 38 women and 22 men all complained of sleep problems and various forms of joint and muscle pain. He split the volunteers into two groups: 30 slept on pads that were properly grounded, and the other 30 on pads with a hidden disconnect. Only Ober knew who was actually grounded for the month-long study.

The results were astonishing: 85 percent of the grounded sleepers fell asleep sooner; 93 percent slept better; 100 percent were more rested upon waking; 82 percent “experienced significant reduction in muscle stiffness”; 74 percent “experienced elimination or reduction of chronic back and joint pain”; and 78 percent reported “improved general health,” Ober says. Furthermore, many participants reported “unexpected but significant relief from asthmatic and respiratory conditions, rheumatoid arthritis, hypertension (high blood pressure), sleep apnea, and premenstrual syndrome (PMS). There were also reports of fewer hot flashes.”

Read more: http://www.utne.com/...2#ixzz1VCqpJKgc

Well, I guess that sounds too weird, and too easy, so I am sorry if you don't think it is for you. I know it has helped some close to me to sleep better and have less inflammation, and you can ask LHBri if I have been sleeping better these past few weeks since I have been grounding daily. Or you could check my post times from a few months ago to now and see that my normal sleep schedule has gotten back to much closer to normal, I believe.

Darkmatter, I wish you much luck, and may you find peace...

"Ignored by mainstream researchers, Ober went on to conduct the first study of what he now called “Earthing.” He procured some conductive fiber material bonded with wool-lined sleeping pads attached to grounding wire, then rounded up 60 volunteers. The 38 women and 22 men all complained of sleep problems and various forms of joint and muscle pain. He split the volunteers into two groups: 30 slept on pads that were properly grounded, and the other 30 on pads with a hidden disconnect. Only Ober knew who was actually grounded for the month-long study.

The results were astonishing: 85 percent of the grounded sleepers fell asleep sooner; 93 percent slept better; 100 percent were more rested upon waking; 82 percent “experienced significant reduction in muscle stiffness”; 74 percent “experienced elimination or reduction of chronic back and joint pain”; and 78 percent reported “improved general health,” Ober says. Furthermore, many participants reported “unexpected but significant relief from asthmatic and respiratory conditions, rheumatoid arthritis, hypertension (high blood pressure), sleep apnea, and premenstrual syndrome (PMS). There were also reports of fewer hot flashes.”

Read more: http://www.utne.com/...2#ixzz1VCqpJKgc

I am still reading...Will let you know bud. You know it's funny though, ask anyone that knows me how often you see me wearing shoes or socks. I don't like them. I wear sandals everywhere until mid fall when i can, and walk barefoot outside all the time. The bottoms of my feet are like raw-hide!

ROFL!!!!

You gotta try my Lemon Cake.....

You will sleep.

RockinLesPaul it says that you cannot use the messaging system and I really need to send you a message about the clone for me.

Thats ok. It's in my garden already! Will be ready for harvest in about 3-4 weeks.

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/32199-kandy-kush-lemon-cake-headband-patient-journal/

Too funny. It's a small world of ganja I guess.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest thequietone

I don't sleep per-say I take a series of naps 2-4 hours in length. I have found that a dose of RSO about the size of a large pea puts me down for about six hours. You will want to take it an hour or so before you want to go to sleep.

• 1 month later...

ROFL!!!!

Thats ok. It's in my garden already! Will be ready for harvest in about 3-4 weeks.

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/32199-kandy-kush-lemon-cake-headband-patient-journal/

Too funny. It's a small world of ganja I guess.

Since I know that you've harvested it, how has it worked for you pain and sleeping issues. I'd really like to know since I have some in my garden right now. That was the strain that I was talking about too...lol I'd really like to know how it's working and what worked best, ie., vaporizing, medibles, etc...

MM works great for insomnia :goodjob:

Any specific strains that you are using Jim because I've tried like 70 different strains and I am still not sleeping. I even tried the RSO that the MMMA gave away at the farmers market a little over two weeks ago and I injested 3/4 gram and vaporized another 1/2 gram and still only slept for four hours.

eat lots of TURKEY

in fact a diet hi in Turkey and Beans

BOTH are TWO of natures most powerful brain balancing foods(so powerful you could label them drugs) beans are for the Dopamine part of your brain

Turkey for the SEROTONIN Part

Beans for anti depressive effects and Turkey for the Manic side

there are many articles on the WEB on these neurotransmitters and how THC interacts/affects the transmitter sites and transmitter levels.

Turkey for sleeping

beans for boost

eat too much turkey and you will not get very HIGH

eat too much beans you wont go to sleep very easily

find your balance good luck-there are supplemnents that can help but you fix it by diet unless something is really out of whack(like you cannot digest food)

namaste-Krusty

• 2 weeks later...

There is an amino acid known as L-tryptophan that you can use to help bring on sleep. L-tryptophan is the reason you get tired after a turkey dinner. Kinda hard to get now as they took it off the shelf because people were getting off their sleeping pills by using the tryptophan.

I sopmetimes believe the powers that be don't want us healthy but would rather have everyone on pills.

Good luck with your sleep.

I wake a few times a night . Taking meds interferes with sleep patterns but I have a a injured spine thats been fused after a car accident . I found I was sleeping in positions that were agrevating it as well as I had bowel dysfunction . Putting a pillow between my knees and sleeping on my side or laying on my back with pillows under my knees and my torso raised by pillows only seems to make a little difference in pain but over hours it wakes me sooner if I do not do these this or I cant' fall asleep - I end up in excruciating pain too that can be avoided . I also found using fiber and magnesium to keep my stools soft aided in comfort as I cramped otherwise and never went into REM ( deep sleep ) . Having a comprehensive blood panel done that showed how being in severe pain had drained several hormones faster then I could make then after a brain injury and prescribed medication use which led to hormone replacement threrapy also helped . Comprehensive blood panels are the least invasive and most important test most people can use to check for fixable problems that are causing abnormal situations . My Mother has had trouble sleeping since suffering strokes , head injuries especially TBI's traumatic brain injuries are a leading source of insomnia .

I see you like racing I enjoy watching AMA Motorcycle Dirt Track .

I suffer from insomnia and have found that making a small snack of (indica) infused peanut butter, about a tablespoon of this about 45 minutes prior to going to bed, does the trick for me. Prior to this great discovery, 4 out of 5 night I had to use sleep medicines that left me groggy and cantankerous the next morning. Now, I sleep real good for a solid eight hours and wake up refreshed and ready to face another day... Peace ... j.b.

Archived