Howdy From Canton Area

Just a quick introduction. I am possibly about to become a caregiver for 2 patients. I know them well, so don't beat me up for being a newb and taking on two patients..lol Basically, I have the space to do this for them and it will be a group effort. I may consider more patients eventually, but if and only if, we can produce consistently. I do not aim to make the "CG problems thread." :-D

Found this site while googling. Been lurking and reading, a lot of great information here. A little overwhelming at first, but have been searching and bookmarking some great posts. Still searching for some good guides on soil growing and where to get seeds/clones, locally. If anyone has any links to some good ones about that, it would be awesome as I seem to find a lot about hydro, but limited on the soil. If not, the search will continue.

On a side note, we are not registered at the moment, so I can't purchase the seeds/clones right now, but feel free to let me know for future reference.

And if anyone knows any reasonable doctors in the area I am in, that would be great also. One patient has his records and I do not believe the other one can as most of his condition was treated before he moved to michigan.

I really have millions of questions, but I'm not trying to be too much of a nuisance.. (for right now, anyway).. haha

Anyway, this is a great site.. And even though I am new, I already appreciate the amount of information and effort that some of you have put out there for the rest of us.. A BIG THANK YOU!

Thank you all for the warm welcome.. Haven't began a grow yet. Still in the research phase and of course have to get certified. Been getting my list together based on recommendations here and from googleverse for the cost estimate to get everything started. Going to wait till they get to the doc and get certified and everything before putting the money out, just in case they never get to the doc or for some crazy reason they get denied..lol Would hate to be all dressed up with nothing to grow..

Welcome " Morhawk " to MMMA 2.0

Local Compassion Clubs are a Great Resource ...

A Great place to meet face to face ...

Get Phone Numbers ...

Find a Group that has your same Hope & Dreams ...

Can't get much easier ... :thumbsu:

Always Protect Yourself ...

Definitely will be checking out the local CC when I start. I will be mailing out the form for my first patient tomorrow. I will be writing the check as my pt does not have a checking account. I don't foresee any issues with this as I will be on the form also as the caregiver, but will still hope there are no problems with that.

Well, check was cashed on the 23rd. That was quick considering we mailed it on the 21st. The stamp states Indianapolis, Indiana. How nice is that, the Michigan economy is in the crapper and we are sending money out of state to handle our own money. Gotta love it. Oh well, check is cashed. From what I understand if there is a denial they will not even cash the check, so everything is looking on the up and up.

Have been window shopping and saving links. Many from this site with all the great information. Someone needs to write the MM Growing for Dummies book, could make a fortune on that alone..lol Of course, reading all the threads it seems like the topics of fertilizers, growing mediums, and all that could be like discussing religion and politics. Been locating the info that the most seems consistent across the board and start the trial and error process there.

19 days left and counting..lol

I thought I read that they would just return the check.. Who knows, doesn't really matter except for my patient getting his hopes up I guess. I won't be starting anything till I know I am 100% legal to do so anyway. My concern with the check was that maybe because it came from me, the Caregiver. Shouldn't be an issue as my name is also on the application. I did put in the memo line: For Patient: XX XXXXXX, for a little extra security on that issue. I guess I will know for a fact in 21 days.. Or 3 months after I start growing and they send me a denial letter. That would bite, but I haven't read of that happening to anyone.

• 3 weeks later...

Should be good to go after tomorrow if no letter. I am going to start with some White Widow seeds and one Dinafem Industrial (only because it was a freebie..lol). Will be using Sun-Gro Sunshine mix as recommended to me by the greenhouse I shop at. Was planning on mixing my own soil mix, but with cost/labor seemed more sensible to go with the SS mix. Planning on moving on to hydroponics eventually as Bubblegrower makes it look very easy. Still something a little intimidating to me, probably only because I never did it. So I am going to play it safe and work into and upto that.

Archived