Greenthumbs Bubba X Og Kush

Dr Gruber

Hello MMMA,

Dr Greenthumb sent me a tester pack of his new Bubba X OG kush to journal from seed to smoke. So here we go again.......

1 soaked them in water and they are ready to go into paper towel...1 of them already has a tap root from just 8 hrs in water.

These will get run in Pro Mix soil, starting off in 1 gal pots and finishing in a 5 gal Lowes bucket.

Nutes- Jacks Classic- Orchid Special (30-10-10) All Purpose (20-20-20) and

Blossom Booster (10-30-20)

Veg Lights- Start under t-8 then under 250 MH(vertical) and finish under 400MH (vertical).

Flower Lights- 1-600 watt HPS

2-400 watt HPS all hung vertically.

Total of 1400 watts.

All questions and comments welcome.......

gallery_13816_864_1221548.jpg

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Well, i had a few peoblems with these because I dried out the first batch on a heat mat. 2 of them died so i germmed 2 more and here are a couple shots of them. The first ones went very slow but they look to be growing well now.

gallery_13816_447_80051.jpg

These were started less then 2 days ago and both had tap roots in 24 hrs and one has now cracked the dirt less then 24 hrs later.

gallery_13816_447_296075.jpg

It's a little early to tell yet, but it looks like out of the two bigger one's you may have a Bubba dominant and an OG dominant plant. This one may interesting in trying to decide on which is the keeper, as I'll bet they all are going to be fire!

I could use some help along the way identifying which is which. I havent grown either before so your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Lookin' good so far! :thumbsu:

Hoping these do better for you Dr. Gruber!

I had to harvest docs OG Kush early as she hermied on me, but she didn't have far to go so it wasn't a total loss. I took a ton of cuts/clones but I think I'm gonna stop running this one. Kind of a bummer as she is such a beautiful plant. Very resinous as well.

Here's hoping the Bubba/OG does well for ya! :thumbsu:

Lookin' good so far! :thumbsu:

Hoping these do better for you Dr. Gruber!

I had to harvest docs OG Kush early as she hermied on me, but she didn't have far to go so it wasn't a total loss. I took a ton of cuts/clones but I think I'm gonna stop running this one. Kind of a bummer as she is such a beautiful plant. Very resinous as well.

Here's hoping the Bubba/OG does well for ya! :thumbsu:

Thanks Rockin!

I was wondering what happened to them.

• 3 weeks later...

how do you get in on the dr. greenthumbs grow journals would love to start one

From time to time i have seen doc post at various sites asking for testers...other then that im not really sure.

It just kinda fell in my lap after i did a journal on my own. Maybe thats the best advice...buy a pack and do a journal then send it to Doc...maybe he will like what you did.

I thought i should mention the new veg light schedule im using.

I heard about it on a Medical Marijuana radio show 2 weeks ago. Its called the 12-1 light schedule and it goes like this.

1) 12 hrs on

2) 5.5 hrs off

3) 1 hr on

4) 5.5 hrs off

I then went and read a bunch of journals where people have been using it with great results. I switched these plants to the 12-1 schedule about 6 days ago and they seem pretty happy now.

Anyone ever tried this?

No and why would you? really i dont understand the purpose in doing that? so you never give your plants more than 5.5 hours of dark in the flower stage?

I was gonna ask what the purpose was also. You never mentioned that part.

Did you take any pics to compare ?

Sorry i wasnt more clear.

This is for Veg only. The purpose is to keep electric costs down by up to 50% and if the story is true it also helps them be healthy by resting more. I heard this on the Saturday 1310 am Medical MJ show. I think the guys name was Joe Petri or something like that, which sounded familiar but i couldnt place it. I did take some pics before the switch but im not sure you could tell from there. I was running 24 hrs on and they needed the rest in my opinion. Probably would look just as good under 18/6 but wouldnt save as much electricity.

He also laid out a flower schedule that was something like this..

1st week 12 hrs on 12 off

2nd week- 11.5 on and 12.5 off

and so on. you drop a half hr every week until you get to 9 hrs on and 15 off.

Im going to look into that before trying it.

here is a link to some info on this.

http://www.cannabisni.com/growing-tips-and-advice/1899-grow-bigger-and-better-saving-30-50-percent-on-your-energy-cost

• 2 weeks later...