Heya

taby

Heya everyone :) I am new to the site and will be getting a card when I am able to get in with my neuro in august.

a bit about me. I have had migraines since I was 15 just progressivly got worse to the point of disabling me :( on top of the chronic migraines (3x/wk) I have daily headaches, lower back pain, neck pain alot of pain and no formal fibro dx yet but I'm sure someday they will say I have that. I have been on hundreds of combos of meds to "help" migraines. Problem is I'm very sensitive to drugs and most had very bad side effects.

for years my friends have been urging me to try smokin. I just didn't believe in it and thought well my pills work 50% of the time. I figured I'd be ok with 50% success. So I'm 37 and my first time EVER smoking was 2weeks ago. I have felt relief and am obviously still learning. I'm documenting everything to take to my neuro. I sure hope he agrees to let me try this as I've been the willing patient this whole journey.

anyone know how university of michigan is on mmj? I just want my neuro to back me and am nervous about asking. However, august can't come soon enough! My bf and I will grow indoors and will have some questions as we wanna attempt hydro...he grew in cali (soil) so this is new.

anyway just wanted to say hi :) my friend had me stop in here and it's full of info!!!!

oh if anyone has suggestions for which strain would be good for migraines...heard something about frankenberry.

Welcome.

Problem is I'm very sensitive to drugs and most had very bad side effects.

Me too, and the ones that I was not sensitive to I started to get addicted to. Hell even as I type this I can't say that there is not a part of me that still wants the pills. I refuse to take them anymore though. Prescription narcotics killed my father at the age of 59.

MMJ may not work for everyone, and I have to be honest that I do better pain wise when I take Vicodin AND MMJ. But I can't risk becoming addicted to opiates. So I try to seek out high CBD/CBN strains when I can. Google Afghanica strains for info. They are known to be fantastic pain killers. I use heavy hitting cannabis with some Naproxen (alleve) and gel-icepacks and I do ok on most days.

41fY2z2pJtL.jpg

THESE ARE A LIFESAVER!

I'd recommend a good Sativa for days and an indica at night. Some Sativas can have an energetic high, it can keep you up, going and social, as opposed to getting couchlock or sleeping. But having a good indica on hand for really bad days and at night might help too.

Honestly I don't think UofM is real big on the MMJ thing, but its been a couple years so they might have changed. Good luck with it, however if you have records going back a ways stating persisent migraines you should be able to get someone outside of UofM to sign your cert.

Hydro is AWESOME once you get used to it. Just keep everything in check and make sure to use Reverse Osmosis water! Tap water and Well water will cause you so many problems you won't know what's wrong and things just won't work... Using RO has changed my whole grow.

wow what a warm welcome :) thanks for that as well as strain suggestions. I've been using Afghan Kush at night for pains and last night was fir time trying it for an actual migraine and I feel great now. Typically, I'd sleep until close to 5pm with my migraine cocktail of pils.

I have tons of records dating back to age 15. I seriously want my neuro to back me as it would obviouzly be cheaper and I've swallowed more pills to try to live pain free. It wouldn't deter me if he doesn't.

I'm such a virgin to this smoking thing lol I'm learning though :) my bf says to keep practicing ;) so I am lol

btw he will probably post under this name too and ask some grow questions ...maybe this weekend he can do that. Anyway, you guys rock on makin someone feel welcome!!!!!

Guest thequietone

wow what a warm welcome :) thanks for that as well as strain suggestions. I've been using Afghan Kush at night for pains and last night was fir time trying it for an actual migraine and I feel great now. Typically, I'd sleep until close to 5pm with my migraine cocktail of pils.

I have tons of records dating back to age 15. I seriously want my neuro to back me as it would obviouzly be cheaper and I've swallowed more pills to try to live pain free. It wouldn't deter me if he doesn't.

I'm such a virgin to this smoking thing lol I'm learning though :) my bf says to keep practicing ;) so I am lol

btw he will probably post under this name too and ask some grow questions ...maybe this weekend he can do that. Anyway, you guys rock on makin someone feel welcome!!!!!

He should just set up his own account and have his own username that way we will know who we are talking to. :thumbsu:

ok :) I will tell him to set one up too :) we are getting ready to head to a local hyrdro store and check stuff out. Then I'm sure he will be back with questions. He works so much lately not sure he will find time to actually ask his questions lol but he has to figure it out since this is like learning a foreign language to me and I have no idea what I'm talking about :)

Archived