Promix Or Ffof?

Johnny Walker

Fox farm IMO is good for a beginer if you under stand that you won't have to do much feeding in veg stage been using ocean forest since the begining and tried promix once didn't like the pro mix in my opinion but i know a few guy that love it ... it's a ll based on the time you have and what works good for you . Ocean forest is nice in my opinion i can cut babys and as soon as there rooted they go right into O.F. and they take off great i would try half and half and see witch one you like.....

I ran of for a couple years but after fighting ph issues in mid bloom I dumped it and went with a soiless. OF is ok but make sure ya add dom lime to control ph of you'll soon be seeing those yellowing leafs way to early in bloom. Ya don't know how many help threads I've answered with oh my plant has rust spots heeeeelp. First thing I always ask is are ya using ffof. I tell them all the same. CHANGE TO SOILESS......

Have used both fffof and pro mix.... Now days I mix 1 part ffof 1 part pro mix 1 part worm castings, 3 parts perlite and 1/2 part light warrior. I've tried the local soil mix that people talk about but it can't shine a light on this mix....

I use a cement mixer to mix the soil up nice and even.

After i mix this i water it with molasses water and let it set for a week or more if I can....

The sugars feed those microbes and you get to start with a nice lively soil...

Now days I mix 1 part ffof 1 part pro mix 1 part worm castings, 3 parts perlite and 1/2 part light warrior. I've tried the local soil mix that people talk about but it can't shine a light on this mix....

just got to ask would hafe and hafe ffof and pro mix with some perlight work good i only use 1gal pots as i only grow for myslef and plan to start breading after the frist of the year

Now days I mix 1 part ffof 1 part pro mix 1 part worm castings, 3 parts perlite and 1/2 part light warrior. I've tried the local soil mix that people talk about but it can't shine a light on this mix....

just got to ask would hafe and hafe ffof and pro mix with some perlight work good i only use 1gal pots as i only grow for myslef and plan to start breading after the frist of the year

I think today im going to mak my own mix...this seems to be a sound mix im gonna give it a try and see how it goes.. :sword:

• 2 months later...

this is what i am usen right now ffofxhydo mix hafe and hafe this grow has been runing good not like my frist with mg i was lucky to have one make it with mg

I did my first grow with MG vegtable garden soil mix , added some perlite and dolomite . It was low cost but it did bring bugs into my room . I was able to control them but it scared me . I did not get a huge return like the examples here . I was only using a 400 watt bulb for veg and flower . Trying Advanced Sunshine #4 and added another 400 watt to the veg room and trying to figure out if I should buy a 1000 watt HPS for the flower room or just add another 600 to the 400 in there now .

Have used both fffof and pro mix.... Now days I mix 1 part ffof 1 part pro mix 1 part worm castings, 3 parts perlite and 1/2 part light warrior. I've tried the local soil mix that people talk about but it can't shine a light on this mix....

After i mix this i water it with molasses water and let it set for a week or more if I can....

Hello all,

I recently tried this mix with varied results, I sprouted 4 a-13 seeds, three of them barely made it, they still are not doing well, lower leaves have rust spots, and leaves pointed down. 1 of them is completely heathy. I started them in light warrior and then transplanted them to this mix. The three still are struggling to stay alive. I just don't get why three are barely alive, but 1 is perfect?? I will try and post a picture tomorrow of the sick plants. thanks.

Hello all,

whats your PH in your water you add?? 6.6 is what i use in all my water / nut mix

I recently tried this mix with varied results, I sprouted 4 a-13 seeds, three of them barely made it, they still are not doing well, lower leaves have rust spots, and leaves pointed down. 1 of them is completely heathy. I started them in light warrior and then transplanted them to this mix. The three still are struggling to stay alive. I just don't get why three are barely alive, but 1 is perfect?? I will try and post a picture tomorrow of the sick plants. thanks.

i run rdwc and a soil less mix, i generally have the mom in the soil less mix, and cuts go into the rdwc, eventually flowering the moms when they get nice and bushy-deeper flavor on the moms too. my soil less mix is 3parts promix hp, 1 part coco coir, and i use happy frog jumpstart (ive started right with Lucas before as well) that gives me about 4 weeks of veg before i switch over to Lucas for feedings. I do use floralicious plus as an additive to Lucas throughout, but none for the first 4 weeks if i use jumpstart. I veg with t5, and bloom with 1k hps.

by the time the moms flower, the mix is flushed with the plants and gets cycled back in. Ive had some great results from boththumbsu.gif

super simple and fairly inexpensive.

yes, you need to test your runoff, then adjust the nute solution. it will take a few feedings to calibrate the two, but eventually youll get familiar with how your pots are running.

i must admit though that i dont test my runoff, i try to go by the plant, not the pot. and i usually dont have a lot of runoff, except on my straight water days, which serve as a little rinse as well as a watering between feedings.

Archived