New Member Needs Help!

Hello everyone, im new to the site and also fairly new to the grow scene. I started growing legally in December of 2010 and have a terrible luck with my crops due to lack of guidance and space. Im deep into my second grow now about 5 weeks into flowering and last week three of my plants took a bunny muffin on me, the burnt due to my lighting situation. My ceilings in my grow room are only seven foot tall and all my plants tend to stretch very close to that seven foot mark. I have a super lemon haze plant which didnt stretch as tall and she is doing completely fine. Please help me out guys,suggestions on a different strain or growing techniques to keep my girls short? Thank you very much and i will be uploading pics very soon

Super lemon Haze is a sativa and most sativa strains tend to stretch more than Indica strains. You more than likely do not want to grow a mostly sativa strain if you seem to have trouble controlling your plant height. I would stick with a plant that is mostly indica in make-up. There is also a product called bushmaster that if used correctly can help one control a plants verticle growth while also increasing yeild and flower size. I use bushmaster and I have had great luck with it.. I love this product. It works on some strains better than others and different plants ahve different reactions to it. Use it in very small doses unti youknow how your particular strain reacts to it. I have had luck with keeping sativa strains controlled by using this product tho!! Good Luck!

Indica dominant strains work very well in my limited garden space (54 inches hood to floor) i use buckets and milk crates to rise and lower my ladies . :thumbsu:

If i want a sativa in my garden i take her as far as she fits without burning then put her off to the side a tad and let the lower buds get some love it tends to level out from what you lose on the main colas.

i would also start your blooming a lot sooner than you are if you start it at about 12 to 18 inches you should be ok with just about any strain i think im not a pro but i have never had any trouble when i started blooming at that height good luck and also look into indica strains they are shorter and bushier

I truly appreciate everyone's input thanks a lot. Now its time to put all this information into fruition, i am also constructing my own ebb and flow system within the next two weeks which will incorporate six three gallon sites and my fifty five gallon rez. I will be posting pics and info about the build and i will take a few shots of the finished product and updates on the cost.

Thanks everyone

KaczyKola

Welcome " KaczyKola " to MMMA 2.0

Remember their ALL a Weed ....

You can Tie the branches down ...

You can bend them so that don't go as high ...

You can trim / top them ....

My ceiling are 7 foot also and i have 6

400 watters bolted to the ceiling ...

Tarzan8x9BloomRoom6-4003-T5s2.jpg

Archived